Sign in to follow this  
Ikka

Scum mini-swarm

I'm painting up my Scum ships and started with the lowest of the low, the humble Scyk and reliable Z95. Since I want to show off my painting talent/lack thereof, I decided to throw together a simple mini-swarm filled with those two ships. I know, it will probably go down in flames quick- especially since my most likely opponent loves his dual-Deci list. Even though I'm probably going to lose, I think it will be a fun way to go.

The Hutts' Mercs

N'Dru Suhlak (17)

Lone Wolf (2)

Cluster Missile (4)

Guidance Chips (0)

Glitterstim (2)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Cluster Missile (4)

Glitterstim (2)

Binayre Pirate (12)

Cluster Missile (4)

Glitterstim (2)

Cartel Spacer (14)

Heavy Scyk title (2)

Ion Cannon (3)

Cartel Spacer (14)

Heavy Scyk title (2)

Ion Cannon (3)

Total- 99 points

Edited by Ikka

Since you're not too fussed on the initiative with them all being fairly low in terms of PS, might it be worth taking a Mangler Cannon on one of the scyks just to mix things up?

When you're running four other ships I always feel that Lone Wolf is a bit of a risky move, because you can't be guaranteed to benefit from it until half your other ships are dead, which isn't too ideal - that said, that's just my experience of it and a better pilot could probably make a better show of it!

Just for some extra staying power I'd almost consider taking Laetin A'shera with Ion Cannon and Stealth Device. She'll stick around a bit longer, probably, but doesn't hit as hard as N'dru does on the alpha strike.

And don't forget those Guidance Chips on those Binyares ;)

Ah, if I had some more GCs I would. Until I get the JM5K though, they will go unguided...

I'm basically looking at N'Dru as a one-shot guy. Set him up on the opposite side of the map as the other four (who will mainly stay in tight formation), smack one ship to hell with fully modded cluster missiles, then hopefully stay far enough away to get his ability/lone wolf bonuses. If he doesn't get away, no big deal.

The mangler cannon might be a good ideal. I think I'll try the double ion first (since I'm most likely facing Decimators who need two ion hits) then go for the mangler after the first game.

I know that it's tempting to pump points into a scyk. I'll be honest though, I prefer running then in a tie fighter sort of build. Tensarri point vets with crack shot, juke, or attaini mindlink. Maybe Serissu for defensive rerolls, but otherwise naked. It hurts when you have 19-21 points on 3 hp ps2 ship. I just really like them naked.

Serissu is also good support for a zed swarm. Her rerolls increase survivability.

M3-A Interceptor: · Serissu (20)

Swarm Tactics (2)

Hull Upgrade (3)

Z-95 Headhunter: Black Sun Soldier (13)

Feedback Array (2)

Feedback Array (2)

Feedback Array (2)

Feedback Array (2)

Feedback Array (2)

Assuming you have 5 feedbacks. You could also run juke on Serissu (assuming you have it) since she has a fairly good shot of still having her evade token when it's time for her to attack.

Edited by janusgeminus

If you're likely to go against 1 or 2 decimators throwing Manglers on the M3-As works well.  I once flew 2 Kihraxzs and 2 M3-As with Mangos against a decimator (forget the rest of his build).  I ate that ship alive with all the crits I threw his way.  That said, like the ties, M3-As can burn out pretty easy or stick around to the end of the match needling the opponent so it's best not to dump too many points into them.