Sign in to follow this  
lgndrofasort

Trying for an ordnance list, need help.

It seems that your ordnance squadron has disappeared from the link you listed. Some general tips on ordinance builds:

1. you need to have staying power on the field after the ordinance is used up. That's why JM5Ks are so powerful - they have so much health, a great dial and a turret primary weapon for after the Alpha Strike.

2. If your first salvo does't kill something, you've probably lost, so yo have to make it high powered.

3. Agility is important in ordinance lists in order to keep the target in arc, otherwise all those points are wasted.

Perhaps:

2 x Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)

Crack Shot (1)

Extra Munitions (2)

Homing Missiles (5)

Cluster Missiles (4)

Guidance Chips (0)

Redline (27)

Fire Control System (2)

Flechette Torpedoes (2)

Extra Munitions (2)

Homing Missiles (5)

Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 100 points.

A 3 homing missile alpha strike - two of them with crack shot - is slightly better than triple JM5Ks. It also excels against aces like Soontir Fel. After the alpha strike, your two bombers have extra cluster missiles for in-close fighting. Redline has more of a support role, with flechette torpedoes it can really put the strain on opposing aces. Your PS 5 bombers shoot after pretty much every swarm, so you can trump crack swarms.

Yep. The link is working fine now. I like the list, and could be fun. I don't think its competitive though, as you only have 1 heavy hitter. I would advise swapping out the flechette torpedoes for extra munitions (if you have a second one), then swapping out Rhymer's two missiles for advanced proton torpedoes and calculation for push the limit. This gives you two 5 dice attacks at up to range 2, with a near-guaranteed 3 hits. Other than that, I can't see any more ways to improve the list.

By the way, Rhymer's fine he way he is, I just like big hitter ships.

I've been mulling over several bomber lists for a while, and in keeping with the OP I gave this a try.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Galactic%20Empire&d=v4!s!143:36,126,-1,14,17,-1,-1:-1:25:;190:140,126,-1,17,-1,-1:-1:25:;51:170,126,-1,13,-1,-1:-1:25:&sn=More%20Missiles

That being said, I'm more a fan of generic bombers over punishers. My typical bomber list is Jonus and three Gammas with concussion/cluster missiles.

Nice. If I had the ships for it, here's what I would take:

2 x Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)

Crack Shot (1)

Homing Missiles (5)

Guidance Chips (0)

2 x Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)

Deadeye (1)

Homing Missiles (5)

Guidance Chips (0)

So that's four homing missile shots (in which the defender can't use evade tokens), with crack shot to cancel an evade, a target lock to spend during the attack and guidance chips to back up the roll. There's a very good chance of four hits from each of them. The deadeye ships are used to back up the crack shot attacks, and can vary where they shoot in case of unpredictable aces. As they're at PS 5 they shoot before most swarms. I am reasonably confident I they could get rid of 1.5 jumpmasters in a single round of firing. The only downside is that after that first volley the firepower goes way down.