Sign in to follow this  
zannal

Life pro tip. Texas heat beats the new plastic colored bases.

Wow, that really sucks. Your heat warping experience is worse than I've seen before.

I do feel really bad for you.

I keep telling people dont leve stuff in the car for more than part of a day. I try to only keep them in my car for a few hours if I cant take them inside somewhere if I travel with my ships anywhere.

Last summer one of my friends left his collection in the car for 2 days (we live in southern Louisiana) and his connectors on his Z-95s no longer fit any of the pegs he or I had....and we have a lot.

wow. i live in nebraska, moderate-high humidity with 95-100 temps and even im kinda curious if i shouldnt be leaving them in the car.

That suuuuucks...

I too live in Nebraska.  I don't leave anything hobby-related in my car.  I don't even like leaving books in there longer than I have too.

... while I'm suitably horrified on your behalf, my inner scientific steak requests you put some clear ones in next time and compare melting points.

:D

I live in Texas, and I have left my tourney armies in my car before - for several hours, and even overnight a time or two. I do keep my windows ever so slightly cracked, but i have never had a problem with the clear bases - or ships - at all. Hope that's suitably scientific for you.  ;)

I bet they were in direct sunlight. I leave my stuff in my car all the time. But I make sure they are out of sunlight. On the floor behind the seat or whatever. No problems.

The trunk works pretty well, too.

I bet they were in direct sunlight. I leave my stuff in my car all the time. But I make sure they are out of sunlight. On the floor behind the seat or whatever. No problems.

You ain't been to Tex-HEL... have you Brah?

:lol:

Try the sandbox, bruh. 

Oh yeah I have. Been there my whole life. Only thing I ever had melted was a Warmachine army. But that's ok. It was my friend's dirty Menoth army.

Oh yeah I have. Been there my whole life. Only thing I ever had melted was a Warmachine army. But that's ok. It was my friend's dirty Menoth army.

Texas & Florida: don't leave plastic toys in vehicles... period.

I have been to Texas many times in the summer months.  One year the heat killed my car battery in one day of just leaving it parked by the curb.  The battery was on its last leg and probably would have lasted me another 6-8 months in WI...not in Texas.  One day of heat killed it.  Whenever I go there to visit family...the first thing I do is completely unpack and put everything in my sisters house...including all of my X-wing game that I play with my 2 nephews.  When the temperature is 110 throughout the day...it is a no brainer plastic stuff is going to get ruined.  I have even been told to leave my windows slightly open...otherwise the heat inside a vehicle can get so bad it could break a window.

Edited by HawkZ71