Sign in to follow this  
Mikael Hasselstein

**Rogue One Spoiler** Image of shuttle

I saw this on the X-Wing forum.

My first impression was "Yuck!", but if it's what I suspect it is (an AT-AT barge), then I'm warming to it, even if there is a huge problem with an AT-AT barge like that being able to fit into the main hangar of an ISD.

Will this be hitting the X-Wing tabletop soon? This was just revealed.

It's a spoiler, so you've been warned.

kbkrmqtlugksszcjolnw.jpg

At SWCE it was described as a stealth shuttle. That could have some interesting ramifications for the game, as the first dedicated stealth ship.

Hm, maybe I'm mistaken about it being an AT-AT barge. Over at Geek.com (here) it's being called this:

“With its starkly geometric hull shape and folding bat-like wings, the approach of the Delta class T3c shuttle is an imposing sight. Once it lands and deploys its passengers – the cruel Director Krennic and his squad of elite troopers, all sense of dread proves extremely warranted.”

I think the Geek.com description was verbatim from the plaque next to that picture at SWC.  So yeah, it's some sort of lander but I don't recall any mention of it being stealth-based.  I think I recall that being conjecture given ROGUE ONE POTENTIAL SPOILERS

Krennic's role as head of the advanced weapons R&D division.

Sorry about that little blip, but I wanted to make sure the spoilers didn't show up in the main 'quick look' feed.

Edited by Vykes

I think this looks a bit too much like a First Order shuttle to be in pre-new Hope. I don't remember many bat wings in the originals, but the first order loves folding bat wings. Like a lot.

Edited by BrobaFett

I think this looks a bit too much like a First Order shuttle to be in pre-new Hope. I don't remember many bat wings in the originals, but the first order loves folding bat wings. Like a lot.

According to the official caption it's going to be in Rogue One, and therefore pre-New Hope.

Ah again those HUGE RETARDED WINGS IN SPACE. Force awakens did that with Kylo Ren's shuttle but i hoped i wont see such an abomination again.

Landing craft go into atmosphere. Also, the wings presumably have some sort of thrusters inside to assist in pitch, yaw and roll, which is easier to do in a controlled manner further from the center axis.

Ah again those HUGE RETARDED WINGS IN SPACE. Force awakens did that with Kylo Ren's shuttle but i hoped i wont see such an abomination again.

Landing craft go into atmosphere. Also, the wings presumably have some sort of thrusters inside to assist in pitch, yaw and roll, which is easier to do in a controlled manner further from the center axis.

Most of ships in star wars dont have wings, if they do they are relatively small. They are there to look cool and not to assist in anything, thats why the look the oposite.

Most of ships in star wars dont have wings, if they do they are relatively small. They are there to look cool and not to assist in anything, thats why the look the oposite.

Most jet fighters, especially in the earliest days of jet aviation, had relatively small wings and couldn't sustain lift unless at very high rates of speed.  Most still have to be flying relatively very fast compared to normal aircraft.  So saying they have small wings is not terribly meaningful when you consider that they are flying at interstellar speeds and have superscience anti-gravity propulsion for low speed maneuvers.  Those wings could also be for emergency situations to ensure some control is maintained in an atmosphere in the event of an emergency.

Remember, wings aren't just for lift, they are also for stability.

Edited by thecactusman17

Most jet fighters, especially in the earliest days of jet aviation, had relatively small wings and couldn't sustain lift unless at very high rates of speed.  Most still have to be flying relatively very fast compared to normal aircraft.  So saying they have small wings is not terribly meaningful when you consider that they are flying at interstellar speeds and have superscience anti-gravity propulsion for low speed maneuvers.  Those wings could also be for emergency situations to ensure some control is maintained in an atmosphere in the event of an emergency.

Remember, wings aren't just for lift, they are also for stability.

Besides, it's star wars. Who wants to fly a compact little block with scattered thrusters and weapons sticking out?