Sign in to follow this  
JohnGarrison1870

Alt Art Gimli on eBay - Oh, and Aragorn and Legolas too, I guess...

30 bucks for one card? Heck, I've got a few of those home, and some more cards for other games with alternate art that were given at convention. Should start a business :D

30 bucks for one card? Heck, I've got a few of those home, and some more cards for other games with alternate art that were given at convention. Should start a business :D

Perhaps you will send one of your few Alternate Art Gimlis to me to Germany?

Same here! Searching for Gimli promo for so long because it's really hard for us here in Germany to visit GenCon if you're not willing or simply don't have the money to invest 1xxx-2xxx dollars for flight and hotels. :(

Edited by Crabble

Indeed we will not which really is a shame. Fellowship alternate art cards you could have at least a chance here in Germany to get them simply if you visit one of the many Fellowship Events but Gimli is on another page. No chance outside GenCon to get him which is really sad...

I haven't gotten to go to a Gen Con yet, though I will this year.  I agree it is difficult to get the Gen Con alt art cards, but I think it is fair, and I like that FFG has offered that in the past.  I hope there will be an alt art card (or a playmat) at Gen Con this year as well.  It's a nice thing to throw in for those who can actually make it to Gen Con as opposed to just buying the POD later.  Alt art cards and swag are staple in card games, and I think it's perfectly fine that some would be harder to get than others.

Sorry, Jan, I've got some promo cards home, but they are all single copy (apologies for unuclear wording). I'd give them away, but were a gift from a friend, so I'd rather keep them. If I ever manage to get some more, I'll post here and ship the cards for free on a first arrived first served basis.

Edited by Julia

I have alt art Legolas and honestly I'm not the biggest fan of the alt art. I also already traded my alt art gimli so I don't have the two together. I don't currently use the Legolas hero and if I wanted to I can always just use the basic core set verison.

I would probably be willing to trade my copy of Legolas for a nice LOTR playmat/s or goodies or something (the playmats I do use and sort of collect even though I only have two.... and one is a custom one by a guy that does MTG art. 
I know the epic demand for these though so to be completely honest I'd have to be pretty happy with the swap/be getting a pretty rad playmat or item to consider it. 

Sorry, Jan, I've got some promo cards home, but they are all single copy (apologies for unuclear wording). I'd give them away, but were a gift from a friend, so I'd rather keep them. If I ever manage to get some more, I'll post here and ship the cards for free on a first arrived first served basis.

Hi Julia, no problem. What kind of promo cards of LOTR LCG do you have at home? I only know about the current alt cards of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. Only Gimli was a GenCon only card.

I would trade my playmat for a Gimli promo ;) Legolas isn't nearly that rare as Gimli because the Fellowship Events are (thank god) available in all countrys, you just have to go visit one which is manageable. The Aragorn alt art isn't that amazing but Gimli and Legolas alternate art look badass in my option!

Hi Julia, no problem. What kind of promo cards of LOTR LCG do you have at home? I only know about the current alt cards of Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli. Only Gimli was a GenCon only card.

For LotR, just Gimli and Aragorn

And next .. we will see Alt-Art from Boromir on Ebay after GenCon:

boromir_alt_art_web.png

The Gen Con Premier

While all stores will have a chance to host a Fellowship Event later this year, those attending Gen Con will have the first opportunity to play The Siege of Annuminas, in all of its new glory! We have made sure each event is large enough that players will be able to experience the Epic Multiplayer Mode of the scenario.

However, there are a limited number of seats available. To view our schedule of events and if any seats remain, check out the Gen Con schedule. We will have a waiting list for each event available on site for filling any empty seats. If you sign up on a waiting list and get a spot, you will be able to pay with generic Gen Con tickets.

In addition to being the first to play this new scenario, those lucky players will receive a Boromir alternate art card exclusive to the Gen Con events, and their scenario packs will feature the Gen Con logo to commemorate the event.

Note: The playmats and Faramir cards shown at the beginning of this article are only available in the Fellowship Kits, and will not be given away at Gen Con.

Edited by JanB

I bet for even MORE money because a) this art is awesome and clearly better then previous alternate art cards and b) Tactics-Boromir is one of the most popular heores in the game so far!

I really wish FFG would sell these alternate art cards. Paying inflated prices on eBay for cards runs completely counter to the Living Card Game philosophy.

FFG could make more money AND satisfy collector's like myself.

I really wish FFG would sell these alternate art cards. Paying inflated prices on eBay for cards runs completely counter to the Living Card Game philosophy.

WTF are you on about? Alt arts are not part of the game experience and missing them does not detract from playing the game. Edited by Kakita Shiro

WTF are you on about? Alt arts are not part of the game experience and missing them does not detract from playing the game.

part of the appeal of the LCG model is that you do not have to worry about "chasing rares". Many gamers like to collect cards. We take pleasure in simply having all available cards in our collection. Actually playing the game is just one of many ways to enjoy LotR LCG.

If anyone has a copy of the Gimli alt art promo, I'd appreciate it if you would consider a trade. I have game mats that I would be willing to trade, and also an extra copy of Legolas, Aragorn, and Faramir alternate art cards. I even have a set of the extremely rare European promo alt art heroes that weren't released in U.S. I'm a collector and would really like to catch 'em all! Everything is negotiable. I have more items you may be interested in, if you are serious about trading your Gimli, then please PM me! 

3 hours ago, Kakita Shiro said:

Who were the heroes?

I plan on creating a thread about all the promotional and other items for LOTR LCG in detail, so I'd like to wait till then to show it all in one place, as not many gamers in the U.S. are aware of these. If you are interested in trading your alt art Gimli, please PM me! I'd like to have all the cards at some point. I have all the game mats, and all but 1 promotional poster (missing the Gandalf poster). Even some other treasures I'm eager to share.