Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

2 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Prophecies are unfortunately on hiatus for a bit :( .  My numbers have stopped speaking to me; we wander blindly through the fog of the unknown.   I'll endeavor to find a new path to illumination, but I cannot hazard a guess as to when that'll be. 

My deepest apologies, my friends.  I have failed you :( ...

It's not her fault, she couldn't produce any FP on her Foresee roll. 'Tis a terrible fate...

13 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Prophecies are unfortunately on hiatus for a bit :( .  My numbers have stopped speaking to me; we wander blindly through the fog of the unknown.   I'll endeavor to find a new path to illumination, but I cannot hazard a guess as to when that'll be. 

My deepest apologies, my friends.  I have failed you :( ...

The dark side clouds everything...

It is a dark time for the players. Although the last splat book has been deployed, FFG silence has driven the players from their homes in pursuit of the next release...

Led by the togruta mystic, Absol197, they huddle around a cracked holocron hoping from a message in the dark...

Edited by warchild1x

3 hours ago, coyote6 said:

Cyphers & Masks is shipping now, release date 8/2/2018, according to the Upcoming Products page.

Hallelujah. 

Does that mean they would be clear to announce second edition at gen con? 

:)

3 hours ago, warchild1x said:

It is a dark time for the players. Although the last splat book has been deployed, FFG silence has driven the players from their homes in pursuit of the next release...

Led by the togruta mystic, Absol197, they huddle around a cracked holocron hoping from a message in the dark...

"You know what I've come for: The map to the prophet, we know you found it."

5 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

If they do, they'll lose this customer.

How? You'll have all the books already.

Given the implicit promise of more era books, my guess is no second edition yet. Or, if there is, it's just a second edition of the core books. I don't think they'd have much to change, maybe factor in some Genesys stuff and alter the character sheet.

25 minutes ago, CaptainRaspberry said:

How? You'll have all the books already.

Given the implicit promise of more era books, my guess is no second edition yet. Or, if there is, it's just a second edition of the core books. I don't think they'd have much to change, maybe factor in some Genesys stuff and alter the character sheet.

So angry your existing customers by making minor changes that aren’t needed and forcing them to buy $300 in core books for something that doesn’t even warrant a relaunch? No, the people pushing for a second edition have missed the simple beauty of the existing system. If they are seeking to utilize Gensys then buy the book. 

36 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

So angry your existing customers by making minor changes that aren’t needed and forcing them to buy $300 in core books for something that doesn’t even warrant a relaunch? No, the people pushing for a second edition have missed the simple beauty of the existing system. If they are seeking to utilize Gensys then buy the book. 

I agree that a 2e will need to be more than minor changes. Significant reworking to an improved and clarified state will make it more palatable to existing customers even if these are not the primary targets of a 2e.

2 hours ago, HappyDaze said:

I agree that a 2e will need to be more than minor changes. Significant reworking to an improved and clarified state will make it more palatable to existing customers even if these are not the primary targets of a 2e.

That I can completely agree with, even if I would never buy such a product. 

At the end of the day they will do what they think is best for their business though, and I doubt anything we have contributed for or against such a venture will factor very large in those considerations. 

I also think alot of people protest too much.

Mind you, there are alot of big ifs with a second edition. If they game is significantly better without being significantly changed, and if the game is still mostly back compatible, then I think most people will end up buying it. 

But to even imply that the first edition of the Star Wars RPG doesnt have problems, and that it isnt getting a bit unbalanced us as much burying you head in the sand as much as saying that I somehow miss the 'simple beauty' of the first edition. The problems in the game are not enough to make me stop playing it. It is a good enjoyable game, but just like I would buy  a better phone if it was significantly better than the one I have, or a better computer, or a better almost anything else, I will also buy a better game.

On the other hand, if they do a 4e D&D with it, they can burn in **** before they get any more money from me. :)

1 hour ago, korjik said:

I also think alot of people protest too much.

Mind you, there are alot of big ifs with a second edition. If they game is significantly better without being significantly changed, and if the game is still mostly back compatible, then I think most people will end up buying it. 

But to even imply that the first edition of the Star Wars RPG doesnt have problems, and that it isnt getting a bit unbalanced us as much burying you head in the sand as much as saying that I somehow miss the 'simple beauty' of the first edition. The problems in the game are not enough to make me stop playing it. It is a good enjoyable game, but just like I would buy  a better phone if it was significantly better than the one I have, or a better computer, or a better almost anything else, I will also buy a better game.

On the other hand, if they do a 4e D&D with it, they can burn in **** before they get any more money from me. :)

There is not as much that need fixed as people imply. A better idea would to do something akin to a 1.5 update. that incorporates adjustments to vehicle combat. and a few bug fixes. 

49 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

There is not as much that need fixed as people imply. A better idea would to do something akin to a 1.5 update. that incorporates adjustments to vehicle combat. and a few bug fixes. 

To-may-toe, To-mah-toe. Add rebalancing the CRB talent trees and races with the current full rules, and we are talking the same thing. I think FFG Star Wars need closer to as much change as 1e to 2e WEG Star Wars more than as much change as between 2e and 2e, revised WEG Star Wars. Up till WOTC screwed it all up that was what a second edition would be.

1 hour ago, salamar_dree said:

Which could be handled with Errata, just like they did with Defense after Genesys dropped.

Well, might not hurt to update the printings to incorporate all the errata.  Hopefully that's something that FFG is already planning on doing with later print runs, not only of the core rulebooks but also of the various sourcebooks that have elements that have since been subject to errata.