Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

No spoilers here, please, Mr. Penguin!  Use the Mystic thread! 

However, now that we have a confirmed pick up, I will be much more diligent about avoiding that thread. 

But do me proud on spoiling the book for the others!  Full charts, descriptions, the works! 

2 hours ago, Absol197 said:

But do me proud on spoiling the book for the others!  Full charts, descriptions, the works! 

Well, I would save for two things:

1) My shop lied to me, and the book is ready for me on Thursday. This is where I'd insert 10thDoctorRain.gif, but I'm far too tired.

2) The reason I've not been around the forums so much over the last two weeks? Because I'm only half way through the Seattle International Film Festival, and three movies a night is a slow night for me (For example, I just finished up watching a brazillan version of the Goonies, well more or less). 

So even if I had the book, I'd have no time to spoil the heck out of people anyway. (And I know your eager for the book so I'd never be a richard and send spoilers your way!)

12 minutes ago, Desslok said:

1) My shop lied to me, and the book is ready for me on Thursday. This is where I'd insert 10thDoctorRain.gif, but I'm far too tired.

2) The reason I've not been around the forums so much over the last two weeks? Because I'm only half way through the Seattle International Film Festival, and three movies a night is a slow night for me (For example, I just finished up watching a brazillan version of the Goonies, well more or less). 

So even if I had the book, I'd have no time to spoil the heck out of people anyway. (And I know your eager for the book so I'd never be a richard and send spoilers your way!)

Fair enough!  Hopefully you're seeing some great films, at least! 

Some are really good (the comedy about the school teacher and his plot to streak the World Cup to earn back his school's budget was crazy funny) and some are terrible (like the one I slept through tonight before watching Brazillian Goonies) - but it's worth it. I'm seeing a bunch of stuff I'd normally never hear about.

1 minute ago, Desslok said:

Some are really good (the comedy about the school teacher and his plot to streak the World Cup to earn back his school's budget was crazy funny) and some are terrible (like the one I slept through tonight before watching Brazillian Goonies) - but it's worth it. I'm seeing a bunch of stuff I'd normally never hear about.

Well good :) .  Have fun! 

16 hours ago, Desslok said:

Tomorrow is Thursday. ?

Right now, I'm just trying to get through the night without caving and reading the spoilers going on.  It's just tomorrow, Phee, you've gone through 250 of them since this book was announced...

We're gonna go to Enchanted Grounds, get some nice hot tea, and sit down and read and it'll be great...

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 12:16 AM, Daeglan said:

So now that we have age book cyphers and masks and knights of fate prediction?

Of course!  Sorry about the delay; I was coming down from a breathless, Mystic book high :) .

So, the current trend for books is that they release on the last Thursday of a month.  Dawn of Rebellion, Fully Operational, and Unlimited Power all released on the last day of the month of their release.  So with that, I'm currently predicting the end of June (June 28) for Cyphers and Masks, and the end of July (July 26) for Knights of Fate.  IF I'm right, which is still very much up in the air, we should see Cyphers change status to Shipping Now not tomorrow, but next Wednesday, the 13th.

Also, who's ready for a new announcements, huh?!?  I certainly am :) .  We're in the Announcement Zone (TM), when announcements are the most likely, through the end of next week.  So let's all cross our fingers!

Edited by Absol197

4 minutes ago, Demon4x4 said:

Did it skip some steps? lol

It skipped over Cyphers and Masks, which has been presumed to be at FFG’s warehouse with the other delayed books. (As I recall, Cyphers was already “on the boat” when Knights was announced.) With Unlimited Power just released, and a “shipping now” status putting Knights of Fate in stores in about two weeks, it tanks Absol’s “final week of the month” observation and the recent pattern of not releasing two books from the same line back to back.

Makes me wonder if there was a major printing issue with Cyphers like there was with Ghosts of Dathomir.

Edited by Nytwyng

27 minutes ago, scottmcfarland said:

Knights of Fate is shipping...

I... Uh... I mean...

Bwuh :blink: ?  I mean, don't get me wrong, Force and Destiny is my favorite line so I don't mind at all, but... I thought the entire reason they skipped Cyphers and Masks was to avoid having two releases in a row that were for the same line.  So... I guess I was wrong about that.  I guess Cyphers probably had the same problem that Fully Operational did, and maybe they needed to re-print it? 

I'm very confused right now.  Happy!  ...but confused...

Okay, time to update the charts I guess!

We didn't even get any pre-view articles!  Something's off here...

4 minutes ago, themensch said:

Are we done for career books then?  I'm shocked there's nothing in development.  Nothing for ANY rpg. 

We still need Cyphers and Masks on the shelves. Then, all of the career books will be out.

5 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

We still need Cyphers and Masks on the shelves. Then, all of the career books will be out.

My apologies, I meant done as in no additional career books to anticipate.  I of course am patiently awaiting my copy of Cyphers and Masks that is taking its leisurely boat ride from Mars.  So just those two now, eh? 

Edited by themensch
spelling is important