Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

14 hours ago, Desslok said:

So, are you providing a magnifying glass to go with your picture?

Well, at least we know it's not a stormtrooper...

Actually, I didn't realize it was quite that small, and now I can't find another image online. My contribution shall forever go unrecognized. ?

Thisspiasians are OP. They have four arms, yet they otherwise essentially have a normal statblock with 232221, a skill rank, and 100 XP. (Look at other four arm species to see how much they have to pay) Not so sure that the sleeping thing needs a profile mention, but OK. Also, they got the sleeping thing kinda wrong, since they can’t rely solely on two hours of sleep and do need six hours of meditation. (Looking back, I messed up their lifespan in my species guide, so I guess it’s hard for me to judge)

I can understand what they did with Vurk, that’s mostly OK. I could make an argument for Intellect 3, but it’s not a particularly strong one.

I’m not so sure about Xenology for Tholothians.

38 minutes ago, Yaccarus said:

Thisspiasians are OP. They have four arms, yet they otherwise essentially have a normal statblock with 232221, a skill rank, and 100 XP. (Look at other four arm species to see how much they have to pay) Not so sure that the sleeping thing needs a profile mention, but OK. Also, they got the sleeping thing kinda wrong, since they can’t rely solely on two hours of sleep and do need six hours of meditation. (Looking back, I messed up their lifespan in my species guide, so I guess it’s hard for me to judge)

I can understand what they did with Vurk, that’s mostly OK. I could make an argument for Intellect 3, but it’s not a particularly strong one.

I’m not so sure about Xenology for Tholothians.

Do thisspiassians really have four arms?  I can only see two in all of the images.

5 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Do thisspiassians really have four arms?  I can only see two in all of the images.

Just now, Yaccarus said:

They do. It says so in the thing.

I think she read that as I did, but shook her head because we aren’t seeing that in the image. 

3 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Also, the typos from the first article are back with a vengeance in this one, so I figured it might be a mistake.

It’s not a mistake. Thisspiassians do indeed have four arms. However, the significantly smaller lower arms are generally kept hidden as it is considered unsightly to expose them. 

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

It’s not a mistake. Thisspiassians do indeed have four arms. However, the significantly smaller lower arms are generally kept hidden as it is considered unsightly to expose them. 

Huh, the more you know.  I guess it's like the quermians, then.  Except in this case, they don't get the four-armed, double-free-maneuver bonus?  Or they do, but they have another downside because they're snakes and it's hard to do certain things (like jump)?

Or maybe the second arms are so weak they don't appreciably add to a thisspiassian's dexterity?  Curious.

2 hours ago, Yaccarus said:

Thisspiasians are OP. They have four arms, yet they otherwise essentially have a normal statblock with 232221, a skill rank, and 100 XP.

Did the article mention the multilimbed ability and I just missed it?

16 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

Did the article mention the multilimbed ability and I just missed it?

No, it didn't.  So thisspiassians either don't have it, or they have some other unmentioned drawback due to their snakiness that balances out the massive bonus the four-armed ability provides.

I would guess they don't get the free maneuver, and in lieu of, they get the aforementioned meditation ability. 

Personally, I have never played one of the four-armed species regardless how powerful free maneuvers can be. The lack of XP limits customization of the starting character. I know it's shortsighted given how XP can be awarded, but they just don't appeal to me. There's no accounting for taste, I guess.