Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

2 hours ago, GM81 Protocol Droid said:

Unlimited Power Pre-Order Now advertisement has been added to the home page scroll. Is there any data on those pre-order ads lining up with shipping? I hope that means it will ship this week. I'm also hopeful but find it unlikely that Cyphers and Masks ships this week. In the end I decided not to break up my four book pre-order from MM.

*sigh*

Why do you hurt me so :( ?  No, I think there is a near-0 chance that Unlimited Power starts shipping this week.  The pre-order image in in the scroll on the Home page because we just got our first (only?) preview article for the book.  The scroll on the Home page is basically there to amplify the effects of news articles.  Whenever Realms of Terrinoth got a new article, a pre-order ad for Terrinoth was shown in the scroll for a bit, but that didn't mean it was close to release.

I'd love to be wrong about that, but I don't think I am.  We still need to get through Cyphers and Masks' release before we can even start thinking about Unlimited Power.  The only reason I might waver on that is because the most recent release was for an Age career, so they might want to space the next Age career out a little, and therefore switch up the order of the two books.  But I think that's a very low-chance scenario.

We'll see tomorrow, I guess.

Edited by Absol197

1 minute ago, warchild1x said:

I see knights of fate got on the boat.... no word on cyphers getting off however.

Arrgh, you JUST beat me to it :P !

Although... On the Boat?  No, it's just At the Printer... unless you're seeing something different from me?

Stats-wise, that's 72 days In Development, one day less than Ghosts of Dathomir spent there.  So that's... a thing that happened, I guess?

17 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Hmm!

Well, that may explain why we've been having a dearth of new announcements recently: the L5R Beginner Game was just announced!

While I'd prefer something Star Wars-y, I have to admit, it looks really nice!

Wrong thread, that forums over there ?

17 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I can't watch the video right now, but I'm assuming it's an amusing way to say, "Absolutely nothing?"

It was a panel announcing X-Wing 2.0. Which is fine, I guess, but everyone here has read the announcement article for the Hyperspace Report, and it was phrased as if they had something to say about all their products or the license overall and not just a single product.

1 hour ago, Swordbreaker said:

It was a panel announcing X-Wing 2.0. Which is fine, I guess, but everyone here has read the announcement article for the Hyperspace Report, and it was phrased as if they had something to say about all their products or the license overall and not just a single product.

Yeah, that is my issue with the Report.  No new RPG stuff, though there appears to be at least one non-career source book for each line that is supposed to be out by now.

2 hours ago, kaosoe said:

I believe they are providing a resource to update your old ships to 2.0

Thinking about it - hey, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet - that's the only logical course. No way they'll wreck their market by doing that drastic.

2 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

While each of the conversion kits is $50 a pop, that’s still cheaper than re-buying all the ships.

Gah! 150 bucks? I guess my time with X-Wing is done.

(well, beyond what I already have. Me and my friends only played casually anyway)

Just now, Desslok said:

Thinking about it - hey, I hadn't had my morning coffee yet - that's the only logical course. No way they'll wreck their market by doing that drastic.

Gah! 150 bucks? I guess my time with X-Wing is done.

(well, beyond what I already have. Me and my friends only played casually anyway)

See, mine hasn’t really begun. My son and I started buying ships here and there almost a year and a half ago, but keep procrastinating learning how to play. (Same with Armada.)

Now, though, we’ll just be patient and wait to learn when 2.0 is released, and avoid any new rules vs old rules confusion. Depending on when it’s actually released, I may be able to get the conversion kits during a local store’s buy 2/get 1 free sale from Thanksgiving to New Year’s Day.

19 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Same with me and my friends. But the conversion price isn't so bad since my buddy only collects Empire and I only collect rebellion.

3 minutes ago, kaosoe said:

But the conversion price isn't so bad since my buddy only collects Empire and I only collect rebellion.

My problem? For the longest time I was the only one who bought ships so me and my friends could play. Eventually they started picking up their own fleet, but I still have a ton from all three factions from over the years.

Plus there's no way that I would have a game called X-Wing without X-Wings in there. And I just like the look of TIE defenders and Starwings and so on. With so many iconic ships, there was no way that I was going to stick with just one faction. I think @Nytwyng's plan of 2-for-1 around Black Friday is probably the smart way to go. It might take a year for the product to line up with the sales, but I'm in no rush.

(and we probably should stop cluttering up Absol's thread with X-Wing chatter, lest she get pissed at us.)