Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

Well, nuts :( .  I was hoping we'd see Cyphers and Masks change status today, but alas.  Still no firm information on when it'll be available (which also means no firm information on Unlimited Power...).

Good news, however: a new book releases tomorrow!  Maybe you've heard of it: Fully Operational?

5 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Well, nuts :( .  I was hoping we'd see Cyphers and Masks change status today, but alas.  Still no firm information on when it'll be available (which also means no firm information on Unlimited Power...).

Good news, however: a new book releases tomorrow!  Maybe you've heard of it: Fully Operational?

Might see it change tomorrow or Friday. Remember FO didn't change until late thursday/friday on the upcoming list.

1 minute ago, TrystramK said:

Might see it change tomorrow or Friday. Remember FO didn't change until late thursday/friday on the upcoming list.

No... Fully Operational changed status early Wednesday, like all (recent) changes to Shipping Now.

2 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

No... Fully Operational changed status early Wednesday, like all (recent) changes to Shipping Now.

it did? I guess I was just not with it that day :P

That said, we can hope can't we? :D

Book get!

While it's not exceptionally exciting for me (Engineer is my least favorite career out of all 18, after all), it's still a nice book, with great art :) .  Plus it means I get to finally close off this line of my spreadsheet!  Woohoo!

Sent a message the the store holding mine to verify that it showed up today. (Dawn of Rebellion got there on Friday instead of Thursday.) No answer, several hours later. And I'm not driving 30 minutes on a "maybe."

24 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Sent a message the the store holding mine to verify that it showed up today. (Dawn of Rebellion got there on Friday instead of Thursday.) No answer, several hours later. And I'm not driving 30 minutes on a "maybe."

Have you tried calling? Presumably they'd get to the phone a little quicker :)

3 minutes ago, jivjov said:

Have you tried calling? Presumably they'd get to the phone a little quicker :)

I wasn't even supposed to be on Facebook when I sent the message, let alone making a phone call. (Hazards of working in a call center. :lol: )

If they don't reply tonight, they don't reply tonight. I'm off work tomorrow and have some errands to run, and had budgeted in time to head up there if it didn't show up til Friday, anyway.

Just now, Nytwyng said:

I wasn't even supposed to be on Facebook when I sent the message, let alone making a phone call. (Hazards of working in a call center. :lol: )

If they don't reply tonight, they don't reply tonight. I'm off work tomorrow and have some errands to run, and had budgeted in time to head up there if it didn't show up til Friday, anyway.

Makes sense. And I totally feel the pain of not getting a book on time. FO is actually the first sourcebook that's shown up at my FLGS on thursday in a while.

5 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Talked to my FLGS today; store owner said that the US distributor for FFG (Alliance, I think?) is not consumer friendly; their representative doesn't contact them, and they pretty much don't get an order for about a week past street date for stuff.

Not sure how that applies to your situation, but I thought I'd share.

Just now, jivjov said:

Makes sense. And I totally feel the pain of not getting a book on time. FO is actually the first sourcebook that's shown up at my FLGS on thursday in a while.

The ideal situation went bust, anyway. My wife works just about 5 minutes from that store, and gets off work at 1:45. She was going to make the slight detour to pick it up. But, she was home sick today. So, tonight or tomorrow, it'll be a special trip out of the way, anyway. If a friend who's in good with the owner hadn't asked him to hold my copy (at my request, no less), I'd just head to the store that's about 10 minutes from home and grab it.

1 minute ago, Swordbreaker said:

Talked to my FLGS today; store owner said that the US distributor for FFG (Alliance, I think?) is not consumer friendly; their representative doesn't contact them, and they pretty much don't get an order for about a week past street date for stuff.

Not sure how that applies to your situation, but I thought I'd share.

I believe it. I've had to switch stores to get the books away from a comic store I've been a customer at for about 25 years, because Alliance upped the minimum order on FFG/Asmodee products to a crazy amount, pricing them out of being able to order the books for me (they don't have a big enough FFG customer base to justify the minimum).

Time to turn on the @Absol197 signal!

4A3bBWU.gif

So, lets assume that our guess about all the On The Boat books is correct, and they're just sitting in a warehouse so FFG doesn't flood the market all in one go (a logical guess). How long ago did Dawn come out? What date do we wind up on if we take the period of time from Dawn to FO and jump forward from now that many days/weeks.

Quick, to the Phoenix Cave! *Insert costume change animation here*

I've actually done that calculation before :) .  Assuming that Fully Operational was intended to change status on March 14, it was five weeks (35 days) between both the status change for DoR and FO, and the same timeframe between their releases.

So five weeks from the 14th would mean that we'd see Cyphers and Masks change status on April 18, for release on May 3.

Let's hope it doesn't take that long.

Another pattern I note is that both books released on the last Thursday of the month, one month apart.  If that's the pattern (assuming there is any pattern), then we'd see a status change on April 11, for a release on the 26th.

It's only one week, sure, but it's still one week!

8 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Book get!

While it's not exceptionally exciting for me (Engineer is my least favorite career out of all 18, after all), it's still a nice book, with great art :) .  Plus it means I get to finally close off this line of my spreadsheet!  Woohoo!

No still have region books. so line not closed yet :)

Just now, Daeglan said:

ahhh ok.

So how much did it screw up your data being so late?

A lot.  Let's leave it at that (I don't like to talk about it :unsure: ).  Combined with  Ghosts, things are...really out of wack.