Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

2 hours ago, coyote6 said:

That would put FO's street date at 3/29, right? If Khazadune got DoR the weekend before its release date, and got the email a week and a half before, the first Thursday after a week and a half from now would be 3/29. 

That depends on what happened with this week's updates.  We didn't get any on Wednesday or today.  If the weekly update was delayed until tomorrow, we could potentially have a Match 29 release.  However, if there was intentionally no update this week, and FO doesn't change until next week, we're more likely to get an April 5 release. 

EDIT:  Oh, @Khazadune, important clarification: did you pre-order the d6 30th Anniversary Edition?  We want to rule out the possibility that that's the item generating the e-mail.

Edited by Absol197

An email to support clarified that it is indeed Fully Operational and that I should have it by the date of the official release, March 29th. So we now have our date as well. Someone asked if I had preordered the D6 Anniversary but that is a negative. Just ciphers and the FAD book that @Absol197 kind of wants....

5 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

An email to support clarified that it is indeed Fully Operational and that I should have it by the date of the official release, March 29th. So we now have our date as well. Someone asked if I had preordered the D6 Anniversary but that is a negative. Just ciphers and the FAD book that @Absol197 kind of wants....

Can... can I give you a giant, giant hug, Khaz?  I kinda want to give you a GIANT hug right now...

55 minutes ago, GM81 Protocol Droid said:

Hmm, that makes it seem like we might be seeing what I consider the "worst case of the tolerable but still annoying" scenarios. One book a month. If that is what we are seeing, that means my preorder of all four books would ship at the end of May.

I cancelled my order like that a couple weeks ago... lol

I regret that I am STILL waiting on my Ghosts of Dathomir, Fully Operational, AND Ciphers and Masks order with Miniatures Market. Fully paid up front. 

Starting to regret ordering them all together with the releases this staggered. But that's more on MM. Charge up front for months-away preorders, and not ship as available? Sigh. Seemed okay at the time.

32 minutes ago, CeilingSquid said:

I regret that I am STILL waiting on my Ghosts of Dathomir, Fully Operational, AND Ciphers and Masks order with Miniatures Market. Fully paid up front. 

Starting to regret ordering them all together with the releases this staggered. But that's more on MM. Charge up front for months-away preorders, and not ship as available? Sigh. Seemed okay at the time.

You can cancel that order and re-order how you want. Since they haven't started shipping it yet, they won't charge you a restocking fee or anything. Trust me, I've done it like 7 times, they're great! They have a toll free number on their website.

2 hours ago, CeilingSquid said:

1 hour ago, SacredRebirth said:

You can cancel that order and re-order how you want. Since they haven't started shipping it yet, they won't charge you a restocking fee or anything. Trust me, I've done it like 7 times, they're great! They have a toll free number on their website.

You don't actually have to cancel your preorder, you can just do what I am going to do.

I have preordered: Fully Operational, Dawn of Rebellion, Cyphers and Masks and Unlimited Power. Total breaks the $100.00 minimum for free shipping.

I am going calculate how much Fully Operational and Dawn of Rebellion are, place a Hold Order for the difference between that amount and $100.00, then call MM directly (you could also email them, but I like to talk to them to make sure my instructions are clear) and ask them to remove the two books from the first Hold Order and have them combine those 2 books with the order I just placed and ship them as soon as Fully Operational arrives.

Later when both Cypers and Masks and Unlimited Power are ready to ship, I'll place another Hold Order for enough to bring them up to the $100.00 minimum for Free Shipping, and have them shipped.

I have plenty of items on my Wish List. It's the perfect excuse to actually get some of those items purchased and delivered.

Edited by Dakkar98

19 minutes ago, Dakkar98 said:

You don't actuall have to cancel your preorder, you can just do what I am going to do.

I have preordered: Fully Operational, Dawn of Rebellion, Cyphers and Masks and Unlimited Power. Total breaks the $100.00 minimum for free shipping.

I am going calculate how much Fully Operational and Dawn of Rebellion are, place a Hold Order for the difference between that amount and $100.00, then call MM directly (you could also email them, but I like to talk to them to make sure my instructions are clear) and ask them to remove the two books from the first Hold Order and have them combine those 2 books with the order I just placed and ship them as soon as Fully Operational arrives.

Later when both Cypers and Masks and Unlimited Power are ready to ship, I'll place another Hold Order for enough to bring them up to the $100.00 minimum for Free Shipping, and have them shipped.

I have plenty of items on my Wish List. It's the perfect excuse to actually get some of those items purchased and delivered.

Yeah, I just didn't feel like typing all that, or explaining all that... lol ;)

2 minutes ago, SacredRebirth said:

Yeah, I just didn't feel like typing all that, or explaining all that... lol ;)

I felt it necessary. Some may not realize that MM is willing to give you that kind of customer service. All in all, they sell twice as much product, so they are happy to do it.

Edited by Dakkar98

8 hours ago, Dakkar98 said:

I felt it necessary. Some may not realize that MM is willing to give you that kind of customer service. All in all, they sell twice as much product, so they are happy to do it.

Now THAT is customer service.

Alright...IF (and I do mean IF) Pre-orders for Fully Operational are coming out soon, I will retract earlier petty statement about the line and perhaps calm down a bit. 

In the real world, I don't deal well with too much vague uncertainty for long periods of time.  Add to the fact I've been excited about this book since it was announced, and it means I have some rather strong feelings about it. So apologies for earlier pettiness.

...I would however like to note that shortly AFTER my statement is when that confirmation email happened though.

Coincidence!?

I THINK....Probably!

Edited by ExileofEnya

On 3/16/2018 at 2:33 PM, Khazadune said:

Hmmm...Dawn of Rebellion hits when the last wave of Rebels episodes premieres.

Fully Operational is now set to hit the same week as the blu-ray/DVD release of The Last Jedi.

Anyone seeing a pattern?

Bets on one of the other books dropping 5/24?

Edited by Nytwyng

While I think the Dawn of Rebellion release was definitely accelerated to coincide with the Rebels finale, I think the release date of Fully Operational being close to the DVD release of The Last Jedi is more of a coincidence, caused by the needs of Legion taking priority over other Star Wars releases. 

We'll see, obviously, but at this point I'm not quite sold. 

33 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

While I think the Dawn of Rebellion release was definitely accelerated to coincide with the Rebels finale, I think the release date of Fully Operational being close to the DVD release of The Last Jedi is more of a coincidence, caused by the needs of Legion taking priority over other Star Wars releases. 

We'll see, obviously, but at this point I'm not quite sold. 

I tend to agree on both counts. Seems like they wanted FO to come out then and any coincidence of release is just that. The tie in with DOR and Rebels is throughout the book, so it’s more of a likely thing that they wanted to capitalize on that popularity. 

I'm starting to get antsy again.  They did a mass update of the Upcoming page this morning, and guess what didn't change status? Fully Operational. I suppose they might be waiting for the normal update on Wednesday, but... why? 

4 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

I'm starting to get antsy again.  They did a mass update of the Upcoming page this morning, and guess what didn't change status? Fully Operational. I suppose they might be waiting for the normal update on Wednesday, but... why? 

They are onto you my prophet, hold fast or expire!

5 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Becuase they are really starting to like Jerking us around :(