Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

So... no new update at all this week?  No new products in March at all except Legion? Is that what I'm seeing here?

It appears so. 

But please don' let ffg push you away. You are too important to this community to just quit the game or these forums.

latest?cb=20150316200750

Rest in peace FFG star wars, you were a great line while you lasted and I got near infinite hours of fun out of you. I don't think there's a game that can properly replace you...

So! Who else here is excited about that new Warhammer 40k tabletop rpg: Wrath and Glory? It's looking pretty good from what they've revealed about it so far, and The Designers are keeping us updated regularly too! 

(Why yes, I am feeling petty today. Why do you ask?)

1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

So... no new update at all this week?  No new products in March at all except Legion? Is that what I'm seeing here?

Seems to be. And i think it is very poor customer service. They did release a card pack for star wars.

Maybe we need to flood the customer service email with our ire at being kept in the dark about the product we would like to give them money for. And that we know it is no longer on the boat. And that keeping us in the dark is not good for business. 

4 minutes ago, Banditks said:

?? i think i missed your counterpoint and how it deals with the 3 books we are missing and where they might be. sorry i don't follow Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game,

The summary of this article on the FFG Home Page - an article relating to a product currently listed as At the Printer - is "Disciples of the Void Will Release on April 5th."

Edited by Absol197

13 minutes ago, Banditks said:

I don't see FFG changing their "No comment about anything ever" policy. And yes i am a grumpy curmudgeon at times.

If enough of us flood their customer service email they will have to address the problem. especially if they start thinking they will be losing customers.

6 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

1 minute ago, Banditks said:

?? i think i missed your counterpoint and how it deals with the 3 books we are missing and where they might be. sorry i don't follow Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game,

I believe the counterpoint is that article is the first of its kind: an announcement specifically dating the release of a product ahead of time, and not just a "X is now available!" article.

On the other hand, seeing as they also announced a special release event for the product, they may have wanted to inform/reassure customers of the release date.

Just now, Daeglan said:

If enough of us flood their customer service email they will have to address the problem. especially if they start thinking they will be losing customers.

Nah.

26 minutes ago, Banditks said:

I don't see FFG changing their "No comment about anything ever" policy. And yes i am a grumpy curmudgeon at times.

11 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

The summary of this article on the FFG Home Page - an article relating to a product currently listed as At the Printer - is "Disciples of the Void Will Release on April 5th."

This was in response to Daeglan saying if we flood customer service we might get an answer. which we all know they wont tell us anything.

Edited by Banditks

I second that call. Let’s send in the messages until we get some news on this. FFG can ignore a dozen people but can they ignore a hundred? Make it clear that this affects you. The longer it takes the more dissatisfied our players get and the more games and players leave the system and our games. Alone we are just complaining in the wind... but together, we are the Alliance to Restore the Most Basic Customer Service Standard. Jokes aside, we need everyone to write in. Tell your players, tell their wives to write how they don’t want to hear their husbands complaining about it anymore, tell your local FLGS... if not for yourselves, then do it for @Absol197

Like Jyn we will keep going until the chances are spent! For the Alliance!

If DOR had 'gone to shipping' a week before, maybe even a day before the other books, then I could understand the problem. I think @Absol197 had at least one of the books as still not being out by this time based on historic trends.

Different port to dock at, customs delays etc.

It's just the fact that they all went at the same time that suggested they'd all be released around the same timespan, or the same month even.

It's hypothetically possible that they did go on different ships, and they just happened to switch status at the same time, but the other ship got lost, spent a while sailing in circles, then hit a delay on port entry for a few days, then a customs delay, then a truck broke down and the driver had no power to his phone and had to walk for 8 hours to get to a payphone but didn't have any cash and is currently badly busking to earn the 50 cents to make a call (I admit to having no idea what the price of a payphone is in the US these days).

All joking aside, it's the communication gap that's frustrating. My FLGS, which is the biggest customer of Esdevium (The EU Asmodee distributor) in the UK didn't go to GAMA this year, so I couldn't bug someone to ask FFG wtf is going on. They've tried asking, but it seems the EU distributor just checks FFG's website and has no more information, apart from when they're giving wildly wrong dates (x is not due for months, turns up on available stock the next day, etc.)

Edited by Evilref

Ya know, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I think slamming the poor customer service rep who has to screen the emails is a terrible idea. I do bug triage at Google (a fancier term for Customer Service Schlub, but with more responsibility). In instances like this, all you'd be doing is annoying the guy with no power, who will probably flag the mail as low priority and send it off to the low priority bucket. There it will sit for months until someone realizes that all these mails are screwing up their metrics for the quarter and close "As Resolved" them all.

Now, who knows if FFG and it's boss operates in the same way, but if I was a betting man - I'd say this is probably accurate.

Edited by Desslok

4 minutes ago, Desslok said:

Ya know, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I think slamming the poor customer service rep who has to screen the emails is a terrible idea. I do bug triage at Google (a fancier term for Customer Service Schlub, but with more responsibility). In instances like this, all you'd be doing is annoying the guy with no power, will will probably flag the mail as low priority and send it off to the low priority bucket. There it will sit for months until someone realizes that all these mails are screwing up their metrics for the quarter and close "As Resolved" them all.

Now, who knows if FFG and it's boss operates in the same way, but if I was a betting man - I'd say this is probably accurate.

So don’t send it to customer service, send it to Press Release section. If it doesn’t do the job well at least we will have tried. Someone in that department should pay attention to the amount of traffic regarding the issue and send it up the pipe. If not, well then they are terrible at their job. A good company wants to know when their customers are revolting in outrage. 

The ideal time to ask 'what is going on' is right now, at the GAMA trade show.

If your FLGS went, and you can get a message to someone there, maybe ask them to pop by FFG's booth and just ask if they can get any info?

I know I am sounding pessimistic but I don't see this working. As was suggested they will probably ignore all the emails.

I have heard it's more effective to send an actual physical letter. The biggest problem is that as much as people are upset and fed up, the likelihood is that maybe 1 in 10 of those who are fed up will send an email... So how few are going to send a physical letter?

That said, I am game if it makes a difference to anyone else, whether or not it makes a difference to asmodee or ffg

1 hour ago, Desslok said:

Ya know, I'm as frustrated as everyone else, but I think slamming the poor customer service rep who has to screen the emails is a terrible idea. I do bug triage at Google (a fancier term for Customer Service Schlub, but with more responsibility). In instances like this, all you'd be doing is annoying the guy with no power, who will probably flag the mail as low priority and send it off to the low priority bucket. There it will sit for months until someone realizes that all these mails are screwing up their metrics for the quarter and close "As Resolved" them all.

If the customer service schlub is getting 2000 emails all asking the same question and all similarly annoyed they likely would pass them all up the chain. Not send them to the low priority bucket. Sending them to the low priority bucket is not how I would handle things, and I also used to handle customer service email.

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

If the customer service schlub is getting 2000 emails all asking the same question and all similarly annoyed they likely would pass them all up the chain. Not send them to the low priority bucket. Sending them to the low priority bucket is not how I would handle things, and I also used to handle customer service email.

Nope.

The customer service agent(s) will respond 2000 times with the approved template. That’s how this stuff works.

At my job, a Mac OS update broke one of our softwares that allowed connectivity between computer and our product. For a year and a half. No matter how many emails (or phone calls) we got or how nasty the content got, they were all answered with the approved response template (which amounted to, “we know...check our web site for updates”).

For a year and a half.

We weren’t happy about it, but that’s all we could do.

2 hours ago, Nytwyng said:

Nope.

The customer service agent(s) will respond 2000 times with the approved template. That’s how this stuff works.

At my job, a Mac OS update broke one of our softwares that allowed connectivity between computer and our product. For a year and a half. No matter how many emails (or phone calls) we got or how nasty the content got, they were all answered with the approved response template (which amounted to, “we know...check our web site for updates”).

For a year and a half.

We weren’t happy about it, but that’s all we could do.

No that was not all you could do. You respond with the template. Then you kick it upstairs. Not kicking it upstairs in a word is stupid.

8 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Didn't the updates for the last couple of weeks come on Thursdays? The Upcoming page is full of 3/1/2018 and 3/8/2018 dates, which were Thursdays. And Legion is scheduled for next Thursday. I seem to recall that updates were usually on Thursdays, then late last year or early this year, they started updating on Wednesdays. After the last couple of weeks, I figured they just switched back to Thursdays.

(I've been sick the last couple of days, but I checked with my Echo, and Alexa says it is Wednesday, so I'm not that out of it. :D)

Of course, a big chunk of FFG staff are probably at GTS this week, so I guess it's possible they may not update this week.

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 10:44 PM, coyote6 said:

Didn't the updates for the last couple of weeks come on Thursdays? The Upcoming page is full of 3/1/2018 and 3/8/2018 dates, which were Thursdays. And Legion is scheduled for next Thursday. I seem to recall that updates were usually on Thursdays, then late last year or early this year, they started updating on Wednesdays. After the last couple of weeks, I figured they just switched back to Thursdays.

(I've been sick the last couple of days, but I checked with my Echo, and Alexa says it is Wednesday, so I'm not that out of it. :D)

Of course, a big chunk of FFG staff are probably at GTS this week, so I guess it's possible they may not update this week.

Changes from On the Boat to Shipping Now generally happen on Wednesdays, while changes from Shipping Now to In Stores Now happen on Thursdays.

Edited by Absol197