Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

On 3/9/2018 at 5:45 PM, Evilref said:

Legion was never a late Q3 release. For about 2 months (aug-sep) at most, it was down as Q4 and then switched over to 'early' (Q1?) 2018.

Not even that. Alex Davy and one or two other people said at Gen Con, on the day of announcement, that they were hoping for Q4 of 2017. By the time the article went up, they were saying Q1 2018 or early 2018. Because of those early comments, people were assuming that it would be in January or so, but no one ever committed to that.

Edited by Dr Lucky

8 hours ago, Midnight_X2 said:

I'm checking in after being off for a little while. I'm really worried about the release schedule. Everything has been pushed off until so late in the year The other thing is that we really need one adventure book per game per year at least. Does anyone know anything about how sales have been or any indication of how successful the line is for FFG at this point? I try to do my part and introduce others to the game every chance I get; everyone one who plays it loves it.

Well I'm always hearing every book is sold out so presumably sales are great which should translate into continued expanded products for the lines. But who knows. Perhaps as some have said FFG is more interested in expanding their own IP  (genesys) rather than the more expensive (For them) product, swrpg.

12 hours ago, jayc007 said:

Well I'm always hearing every book is sold out so presumably sales are great which should translate into continued expanded products for the lines. But who knows. Perhaps as some have said FFG is more interested in expanding their own IP  (genesys) rather than the more expensive (For them) product, swrpg.

If they are, then they should prepare to lose a lot of customers.

Yes, the system is great and all, but most of us are here for Star Wars... not the system.

1 minute ago, OddballE8 said:

If they are, then they should prepare to lose a lot of customers.

Yes, the system is great and all, but most of us are here for Star Wars... not the system.

I agree completely.

26 minutes ago, TrainedMunkey said:

It might not be their choice. They might just be preparing to loose the license and are trying to retain some some customers by this new line.

Based on the p lay testers there is s product in the pipeline..

27 minutes ago, TrainedMunkey said:

It might not be their choice. They might just be preparing to loose the license and are trying to retain some some customers by this new line.

Given the huge price of tooling for plastic miniatures, this is just another ridiculous unsupported, spurious guess. Albeit it reinforces how the lack of answers and information leads to this happening.

11 hours ago, TrainedMunkey said:

Considering the fact that almost every single release they put out gets sold out within weeks (if not days), I doubt that they'll lose the license.

It's much more likely that they're trying to cash in on the systems popularity. 
Anything they release for Genesys they'll get 100% of the profit from. That's not the case with the Star Wars line.
But they'll sell TONS more of the Star Wars line than they will from the Genesys.

Edited by OddballE8

4 hours ago, OddballE8 said:

Considering the fact that almost every single release they put out gets sold out within weeks (if not days), I doubt that they'll lose the license.

It's much more likely that they're trying to cash in on the systems popularity. 
Anything they release for Genesys they'll get 100% of the profit from. That's not the case with the Star Wars line.
But they'll sell TONS more of the Star Wars line than they will from the Genesys.

Agreed. Without any hard numbers to back it up, my assumption is Star Wars is FFG's best selling RPG and will continue to be so until they lose the license. The reprints continue to sell out, which I think is very telling.  The only aspect I feel holds them back is the lack of PDFs which is beyond their control and been argued to death on here. 

Genesys started off with FFG noticing a homebrew of the system. It makes good business sense to develop and promote the system.

The past year has been unfortunate in terms of releases and delays, but hopefully we get back on track in Q2 this year.

5 hours ago, GM81 Protocol Droid said:

Agreed. Without any hard numbers to back it up, my assumption is Star Wars is FFG's best selling RPG and will continue to be so until they lose the license. The reprints continue to sell out, which I think is very telling.  The only aspect I feel holds them back is the lack of PDFs which is beyond their control and been argued to death on here. 

Genesys started off with FFG noticing a homebrew of the system. It makes good business sense to develop and promote the system.

The past year has been unfortunate in terms of releases and delays, but hopefully we get back on track in Q2 this year.

Genesys arguably started as a result of Sam Stewart playing in @DarthGm's fall out hack.

On 3/11/2018 at 7:36 AM, GM81 Protocol Droid said:

It really feels a little light on the promotions side of Genesys, which is telling because it seems to have great sales.  This makes me think it's a labor of love for a small RPG team.  I wish proper blog postings were also a labor of love.  

Hmm.  Interesting.  Based on the new article that just posted, FFG is giving a firm release date of April 5 for Disciples of the Void, the new card pack for the L5R Card Game.  That means, using standard shipping times, it needs to change to Shipping Now on March 21 to make it.  However, that product is currently listed as being At the Printer, meaning they're expecting it to get from the printer, to the boats, and to their warehouse in basically a week.

If they're saying that, it's guaranteed to have been printed in America, but I'll be curious to see.  Will they release that before they release any of our new books?  I hope not.  And if they can give a firm release date to something that's At the Printer, what other firm release dates are currently set of which we haven't been informed?  This could indicate that our prodigal books do have release dates set, but we simply aren't aware of them...

Edited by Absol197

6 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Hmm.  Interesting.  Based on the new article that just posted, FFG is giving a firm release date of April 5 for Disciples of the Void, the new card pack for the L5R Card Game.  That means, using standard shipping times, it needs to change to Shipping Now on March 21 to make it.  However, that product is currently listed as being At the Printer, meaning they're expecting it to get from the printer, to the boats, and to their warehouse in basically a week.

If they're saying that, it's guaranteed to have been printed in America, but I'll be curious to see.  Will they release that before they release any of our new books?  I hope not.  And if they can give a firm release date to something that's At the Printer, what other firm release dates are currently set of which we haven't been informed?  This could indicate that our prodigal books do have release dates set, but we simply aren't aware of them...

sometime in December 2018 so the books can sell by the tuck load for Christmas gifts..... :angry: The books will release when FFG deems it a worthy time, which might not even be this year.

it all comes back to the fact what FFG has done with these 4 books makes no sense at all, and with no communication, we are all left to guess. All we do know officially is the books are on a boat.. some boat that is obviously extremely slow. It simply does not take this long to ship something overseas unless they are using a row boat.

They must have all the books buy now and are holding them for some reason, which might be because of wanting no competition with legion, which is also a star wars game. However the argument of "They want money so they would never hold back, or delay any product for any reason" just doesn't hold water anymore.

I highly doubt all 3 books have been lost in shipping again like what seems to have happened to dathomir, they wouldn't let that happen to them not once, twice, three, but four times in a year. It would cost them way too much money to have that happen, stuff does get lost all the time but not like this to the same company so frequently.

"It got delayed in printing" again why would they put it "on the boat" if it was still printing all this time? If they did, they lied in purpose for whatever reason.

Because we have Dawn of Rebellion in our hands its proof to some small degree that they have the other books or should have had them shortly after dawn was released... ssooooo where are they? where could they possible be by now with how long they have been on a boat?

It simply doesn't make any sense and we are all at our wits end, Absol being proof of how wacky these 4 products have been to what was normal releases.

22 minutes ago, Banditks said:

it all comes back to the fact what FFG has done with these 4 books makes no sense at all, and with no communication, we are all left to guess. All we do know officially is the books are on a boat.. some boat that is obviously extremely slow. It simply does not take this long to ship something overseas unless they are using a row boat.

They must have all the books buy now and are holding them for some reason, which might be because of wanting no competition with legion, which is also a star wars game. However the argument of "They want money so they would never hold back, or delay any product for any reason" just doesn't hold water anymore.

I highly doubt all 3 books have been lost in shipping again like what seems to have happened to dathomir, they wouldn't let that happen to them not once, twice, three, but four times in a year. It would cost them way too much money to have that happen, stuff does get lost all the time but not like this to the same company so frequently.

"It got delayed in printing" again why would they put it "on the boat" if it was still printing all this time? If they did, they lied in purpose for whatever reason.

Because we have Dawn of Rebellion in our hands its proof to some small degree that they have the other books or should have had them shortly after dawn was released... ssooooo where are they? where could they possible be by now with how long they have been on a boat?

It simply doesn't make any sense and we are all at our wits end, Absol being proof of how wacky these 4 products have been to what was normal releases.

Harumpff!!!