Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

2 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Thanks for that.  I really do hope I'm overreacting, and we'll see a change tomorrow.  I just...I don't think I am. 

I'm just saying it's really unusual for FFG to have a Thursday with absolutely no new releases. That being said, there's no guarantee that if something is released on 3/1 it will be for the RPG.

17 hours ago, Dr Lucky said:

I'm just saying it's really unusual for FFG to have a Thursday with absolutely no new releases. That being said, there's no guarantee that if something is released on 3/1 it will be for the RPG.

And they did update the Upcoming page again this morning to move a new release to "Shipping Now" for a 3/1 release date. Of course, it's an expansion for Android: Netrunner, so nothing of much interest here. 

The ONLY saving grace is that we don't have any new products set for a 03/08 release, so we may see a secondary update later today.  But when Dawn stated shipping, it was early in the morning, so I'm not hopeful :( .

EDIT:  So, looking all the Upcoming products over, the new releases that are On the Boat fall mainly into two camps: those that went On the Boat in late January or February, which are unlikely to change so soon, and those that went On the Boat in late December (mostly consisting of our books and Legion), which would be prime candidates.  Or course, I believe Legion is set for a March 22 release (can anyone confirm?), so that means those won't change to Shipping Now for two weeks.  Meaning that the March 8 release date currently has nothing scheduled, and no good candidates except our books. So... ????

Edited by Absol197

4 hours ago, Absol197 said:

...Okay, I pretty much just give up.  Today's Upcoming update has already happened, and nothing has changed. 

Sooo...we're never getting those career books, it seems. 

I know it's dated today, but those actually all got updated yesterday (to today's date), which seems odd.

No use getting pessimistic yet - just like last week, they will likely update again by the end of the week to add something releasing on 3/8.  Again, it won't necessarily be for the RPG, but they aren't going to let a week go by with nothing.

2 hours ago, Dr Lucky said:

I know it's dated today, but those actually all got updated yesterday (to today's date), which seems odd.

No use getting pessimistic yet - just like last week, they will likely update again by the end of the week to add something releasing on 3/8.  Again, it won't necessarily be for the RPG, but they aren't going to let a week go by with nothing.

Okay, I'll hold out hope for an update tomorrow morning, like the one that happened last week for Council of the Crest.  They've changed their weekly update schedule multiple times during my tenure as data-wrangler, maybe they're just in the process of changing it again...

6 hours ago, Absol197 said:

So, I had a horrible thought: what if, due to the timing, FFG is delaying the release of all remaining RPG books until AFTER Legion is released? 

That would mean early April, at best, for our next release :( .  But I could see it happening...

Maybe they're waiting for one book to hit stores before shipping the next one.

Well, FO is going to be over a year, that's a given at this point.  Since Dawn hit stores today, and we didn't get another update... yeah, pretty much.  We can all buy Dawn (those of us who live where it's available) and be happy, but FO, CaM, and UP will take an unknown amount of time.

At the moment, we just have to wait until next week to see if any of them change.  Not much else we can do :( .

10 minutes ago, Alisair Longreach said:

Dawn just got its final update, it's now available.

Yep, I noticed that :) .  But as we've been pouring over the early spoilers for the past two days, it was basically a foregone conclusion so I didn't really remark upon it.  But yes!  It's Official!  Dawn of Rebellion has been released! *Trumpet fanfare*

My copy is awaiting pickup at a local store. The only question is whether the rain will let up enough that my wife (who works about a mile from said store) will be willing to stop and pick it up on her way home, or if I end up driving 30 minutes out of my way on my way home. :lol: