Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

Ahaha, the search for an artist continues!

Mysko owes me 3-4 months of stuff and I think a Kemna by her would be really nice.

Sorry I've been away. How is Genysis (or however you kids spell it?)

I'd have bet my gem-dice we'd have seen a SWRPG 2.0 by now :)

1 minute ago, Maelora said:

Ahaha, the search for an artist continues!

Mysko owes me 3-4 months of stuff and I think a Kemna by her would be really nice.

Sorry I've been away. How is Genysis (or however you kids spell it?)

I'd have bet my gem-dice we'd have seen a SWRPG 2.0 by now :)

I'm glad you're back :) .  I always miss you when you're gone.

Genesys is...interesting!  I'm busy with super-secret Star Wars stuff, but it's funs :) .  I'm slowly working on my Avatar setting for Genesys.  Other than that...Mystic Book!  Still waiting!

1 minute ago, Absol197 said:

I'm glad you're back :) .  I always miss you when you're gone.

I always miss me when I'm gone :(

Anyways, I'm sure we'll get around to Genysis, if only to steal stuff for our SW game.

I won't ask about the super-secret playtester, 'If I tell you I'll have to kill you' thing :)

9 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

Tall blue aliens or element manipulation?

REAL Avatar.  None of this Pandora crud :P !

EDIT:  Not that I dislike that Avatar.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  But the fact that it came second, yet whenever someone says "Avatar" the automatic assumption for most people is blue catpeople irritates me.  Watch, I bet if they ever try to make a movie for A:tLA they won't even be able to call it Avatar!  They'll have to call it The Last Airbender or something like that.

That said though, I'm glad they've never tried to make Avatar into a movie.  There's a bit too much per season to fit into a two-to-two-and-a-half hour movie.  Plus they'd probably get some hack like M. Night Shyamalan to write and direct it, and it would be horrible and have bad acting.

Yes, ma'am, much better that they've never--and will never!--tried to make it into a movie!

Edited by Absol197

4 minutes ago, Maelora said:

I think we did this in another thread?

Someone said 'blue catgirls!' and Phee said 'no, silly; elemental monks!' and I said 'amazing 80's/90's PC games!'.

Although I think blue catgirls could work pretty easy in Genesys

And I am sure @Maelora would enjoy :P

Edited by Daeglan

5 hours ago, Absol197 said:

EDIT:  Not that I dislike that Avatar.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  But the fact that it came second, yet whenever someone says "Avatar" the automatic assumption for most people is blue catpeople irritates me.  Watch, I bet if they ever try to make a movie for A:tLA they won't even be able to call it Avatar!  They'll have to call it The Last Airbender or something like that.

That said though, I'm glad they've never tried to make Avatar into a movie.  There's a bit too much per season to fit into a two-to-two-and-a-half hour movie.  Plus they'd probably get some hack like M. Night Shyamalan to write and direct it, and it would be horrible and have bad acting.

Yes, ma'am, much better that they've never--and will never!--tried to make it into a movie!

There was a 2010 movie entitled "the last airbender" I'm surprised that you somehow missed the movie but not surprised that you successfully post-dicted the title.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

There was a 2010 movie entitled "the last airbender" I'm surprised that you somehow missed the movie but not surprised that you successfully post-dicted the title.

No...no, I'm pretty sure I would remember something like that.  I mean, I love Avatar, so if they made a movie, I would definitely know about it.  But they would never do that, because it would probably be awful :P .*

So much sarcarm, it's not even funny.  This is just like the fact that they never made a fourth Indiana Jones movie.

2 hours ago, Absol197 said:

No...no, I'm pretty sure I would remember something like that.  I mean, I love Avatar, so if they made a movie, I would definitely know about it.  But they would never do that, because it would probably be awful :P .*

So much sarcarm, it's not even funny.  This is just like the fact that they never made a fourth Indiana Jones movie.

I think it is like starship troopers. It bears so little resemblence to the source material it is worse than not making a movie.

Edited by Daeglan

16 hours ago, Absol197 said:

You mean none of that Avatar / Pandora James Cameron crud.

The Avata / Pandora Frank Herbert stuff is another matter entirely !

Edited by Darzil

4 hours ago, Alisair Longreach said:

Starship Troopers were 95% close to the original novel. Except for the missing power armor and the nudity.

Nope. It was no where near the novel. Not even close. I read the novel. It bore no resemblence to what was on screen. The fact the director specifically didnt read the book might have something to do with that.

Okay, moving us back on topic:

So, if we don't get an update on some (or all) of our three outstanding career books today or tomorrow, it means we've got another delay.  Most books take four weeks or less At the Printer.  A rare few take five.  The only book to take more than five weeks that I've tracked is the current record holder, Ghosts.  And nobody wants to be like Ghosts.  Right?

EDIT:  Oh, and something something Warrior Book something.

Edited by Absol197

6 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Nope. It was no where near the novel. Not even close. I read the novel. It bore no resemblence to what was on screen. The fact the director specifically didnt read the book might have something to do with that.

After I saw the movie, a friend of mine asked how it differed from the book.  I quickly realized that it would be quicker to tell him what they had in common.  

Edit:  Oh, crud; I'm sorry Absol.  I posted before I saw the 'back on track'.

Edited by Vorzakk

20 hours ago, Absol197 said:

M. Night Shyamalan's The Last Airbender.

1 minute ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Weird.  It just leads to a blank IMDB page.  They should probably fix that!  Don't want people getting excited that there might be an Avatar movie and then finding out there isn't!*

*  Since apparently it's not obvious: yes, I know about that movie.  It's so bad, I pretend it doesn't exist.

4 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Weird.  It just leads to a blank IMDB page.  They should probably fix that!  Don't want people getting excited that there might be an Avatar movie and then finding out there isn't!*

*  Since apparently it's not obvious: yes, I know about that movie.  It's so bad, I pretend it doesn't exist.

:P:D