Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

10 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

One option would be to release a generic rules book with updated core rules. Jokes aside they could come out with an Episode 7-9 themed core book and supplements next year, with the modified rules from the errata and Genesys, taking the opportunity to make any other changes they feel would benefit the game. Along side that they could make a lot of money selling 1 update book for Edge, Age and Force which has all the details on changed species, talents, specs, vehicles, rules, etc

And why would this he different from a second edition? You release a new book with the updated rules. You just changed the name tags.

The important part is that the fully fledged new rules would introduce an entirely new era for the game as well, therefore even existing players would be keen to purchase it. The update books wouldn’t need big margins to be profitable since there’s already a good community who would purchase it too, the big limitation is play testing time

1 hour ago, Richardbuxton said:

Along side that they could make a lot of money selling 1 update book for Edge, Age and Force which has all the details on changed species, talents, specs, vehicles, rules, etc

I can go with your first idea, a core rulebook for the sequels era, but the part I quoted is just not a realistic idea. They would be better off just making updated versions of those products. If you want the new versions, you buy the high-cost items. If you don't then they lose nothing. Selling what amounts to patches for outdated materials just isn't a cost effective strategy no matter how much those that have bought into a line might wish it to happen.

Do you think we will get an Old Republic source book? I'm  right now running the Clone Wars Era campaign and having a blast, but I think I would have even more of a blast if we had and old republic source book.

1 minute ago, Dash Crossfield said:

Do you think we will get an Old Republic source book? I'm  right now running the Clone Wars Era campaign and having a blast, but I think I would have even more of a blast if we had and old republic source book.

We have no idea. But if they did we might potentially have 2 more specs and a signature ability for Jedi

1 hour ago, Richardbuxton said:

If I start chanting “Sith career, Sith career, Sith career” do you think I’ll be heard?

I could see that. 4 specs and a sig. Maybe the full 6

Maybe a jar kai spec. 

1 hour ago, Dash Crossfield said:

Highly unlikely at present, I believe, since all Old Republic content is either Legends or in a weird "not quite canon" limbo (the current game).

If any new canon content is made for that era, then an era book could follow (the trilogy being worked on by the Game Of Thrones writers is rumoured to be set in Old Republic times but I don't believe this has actually been confirmed yet). However any such book would be linked to whatever the new canon portrayal is rather than the Legends material.

8 hours ago, Dash Crossfield said:

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but right now it's not very likely.

As others have noted, currently all things Old Republic are pretty much Legends, and FFG has largely been sticking to what's considered part of the canon with regards to the history of the galaxy with books published after Disney hit the big red reset button.

There's talk/speculation that Lucasfilm has plans of doing a trilogy that's going to be set in the Old Republic, either by the guys behind Game of Thrones or someone else, but as of yet I don't think anything's been officially announced on that subject.

2 hours ago, Richardbuxton said:

I would think a series of books focusing on the episode 7-9 time period would be first, they need to wait 4 or 5 years for a trilogy set in tOR to be fully released before publishing anything based on it.

Yeah i kinda expect an era book book for the sequels around next xmas. Not the coming one but the one a year later

7 hours ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

It's not out of the realm of possibility, but right now it's not very likely.

As others have noted, currently all things Old Republic are pretty much Legends, and FFG has largely been sticking to what's considered part of the canon with regards to the history of the galaxy with books published after Disney hit the big red reset button.

There's talk/speculation that Lucasfilm has plans of doing a trilogy that's going to be set in the Old Republic, either by the guys behind Game of Thrones or someone else, but as of yet I don't think anything's been officially announced on that subject.

Buzzfeed did an article about this very thing not too long ago. According to the article, a script for a KotOR trilogy is being written by Laeta Kalogridis (Avatar, Shutter Island), and is apparently based upon the original game material. 

15 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

The Imperials and Rebels III and Republic and Separatist Adversary Decks are finally available to order. (Republic and Separatist II is still pre-order.)

Speaking of "available to order", my FLGS guy just texted me a picture of them on the counter ready for sale