Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

On 6/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, Dr Lucky said:

Alliance Distribution also sent their weekly releases email to FLGSs and it includes the ANA releases for the last week of the month, including Collapse of the Republic. With the adjusted release day, that would put Collapse of the Republic on shelves on 6/28.

Collapse switched to Shipping Now status this morning (on the Upcoming page). Looks like this is happening on schedule.

43 minutes ago, Donovan Morningfire said:

Now that CotR is pretty much due to hit shelves by the end of the month, I wonder if Gadgets and Gear will be this year's GenCon SWRPG release.

I am thinking so. It will probably go to shipping now at Gencon with it being available at GenCon

Posted (edited)

Woo!  I'm a little shocked, but I am indeed happy! 

This week has been amazing!  We have Collapse shipping and BANJO & KAZOOIE ARE IN SMASH!  WOOOOARGHLBLARGLVERHGTUIBVARFTHSABBQ!!1!!1

Edited by Absol197

1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

Woo!  I'm a little shocked, but I am indeed happy! 

This week has been amazing!  We have Collapse shipping and BANJO & KAZOOIE ARE IN SMASH!  WOOOOARGHLBLARGLVERHGTUIBVARFTHSABBQ!!1!!1

think we will get a book announcement in July?

On 6/13/2019 at 4:47 PM, Alisair Longreach said:

I don't live on the Devil's island of Sjælland but the former independent island republic of Als (it had independence like one week during World War I).

Lucky you! I'm from that nearby neck of the woods (well, plains would be more accurate) that has only gotten to trade danish overlords for swedish overlords so far. But hey, considering how many people who congregate yearly with shovels on the northern border, we have a fair shot at becoming an independent island too in just a couple of more millennia!

"Ce n´est pas une province, c´est un royaume!"

So there’s only one SW product forthcoming, a compilation volume. Hopefully this doesn’t signal the end of the line. Can the folks who are contributors even acknowledge that they’ve worked on other (non-“second edition”) stuff conceivably in the pipeline? 

39 minutes ago, Scott McFarland said:

So there’s only one SW product forthcoming, a compilation volume. Hopefully this doesn’t signal the end of the line. Can the folks who are contributors even acknowledge that they’ve worked on other (non-“second edition”) stuff conceivably in the pipeline? 

they have in the past said stuff is in the pipeline

2 hours ago, Scott McFarland said:

Can the folks who are contributors even acknowledge that they’ve worked on other (non-“second edition”) stuff conceivably in the pipeline? 

Why don't you want to hear about the second edition stuff?

7 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Because if they want to do a second edition they can do it without me.

Agreed. I’ve already spent my money on this version.

Not to mention the fact that my wife might just murder me if I spend much more on a game. 😁

10 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

we don't need a second edition. I could see doing a book that upgrades the system for the few small issue that may exist. then you could update the  cores and sell the upgrade book. But I also see no reason to restart from zero to deal with the minor issues.

Update books don't sell nearly as well as new core rulebooks. For that matter, nothing sells as well as new core rulebooks.

24 minutes ago, Khazadune said:

Because if they want to do a second edition they can do it without me. There's no reason to restart before you have even scratched the surface. 

Making a profit is something FFG wants to do. That's the reason, and they don't really care about money already spent.

1 minute ago, HappyDaze said:

Update books don't sell nearly as well as new core rulebooks. For that matter, nothing sells as well as new core rulebooks.

what part of update the core rule books in addition to update books did you miss?

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

what part of update the core rule books in addition to update books did you miss?

So you're OK with a new edition as long as it's not called a new edition? I don't need the deception, and putting out update books for those that already own the old stuff is a waste of money. Just entice everyone to buy the new hotness. If you can't afford that, or won't do that, you're not the type of customer vital to them anyways.

16 minutes ago, HappyDaze said:

So you're OK with a new edition as long as it's not called a new edition? I don't need the deception, and putting out update books for those that already own the old stuff is a waste of money. Just entice everyone to buy the new hotness. If you can't afford that, or won't do that, you're not the type of customer vital to them anyways.

im ok with revisions as long as people can buy Just the changes. the problem is when you need to replace your whole collection due to obsoleting the previous edition. an extreme example of this is warhammer 40k where they have had editions where they put 2 splat books out them did another edition.

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

im ok with revisions as long as people can buy Just the changes. the problem is when you need to replace your whole collection due to obsoleting the previous edition. an extreme example of this is warhammer 40k where they have had editions where they put 2 splat books out them did another edition.

Wouldn’t mind if they did a .5 version where all the previous stuff was still compatible, with no more than minimal effort, once they’ve exhausted all material for this edition. 

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

One option would be to release a generic rules book with updated core rules. Jokes aside they could come out with an Episode 7-9 themed core book and supplements next year, with the modified rules from the errata and Genesys, taking the opportunity to make any other changes they feel would benefit the game. Along side that they could make a lot of money selling 1 update book for Edge, Age and Force which has all the details on changed species, talents, specs, vehicles, rules, etc

1 minute ago, Richardbuxton said:

One option would be to release a generic rules book with updated core rules. Jokes aside they could come out with an Episode 7-9 themed core book and supplements next year, with the modified rules from the errata and Genesys, taking the opportunity to make any other changes they feel would benefit the game. Along side that they could make a lot of money selling 1 update book for Edge, Age and Force which has all the details on changed species, talents, specs, vehicles, rules, etc

I'd buy both. 😅