Absol197

Trends, Statistics, and Predictions!

3 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Hopefully!  I'm curious what books are in between Rise and Collapse :) .  But I feel there's a chance that we won't get an announcement right away, which is sad :( .

True. We did have 3 in flight and are approaching one so likely will get on announced soon. Maybe this week.

Hmm... Very interesting that it's number SWR17.  That means we still have 13, 14, and 15 unaccounted for.  Along with SWE 15, 17, 18, and 19, SWA52, and SWF04 and 51.

But it's logged!  Initial (wrong) prediction forthcoming! 

6 minutes ago, Absol197 said:

Hmm... Very interesting that it's number SWR17.  That means we still have 13, 14, and 15 unaccounted for.  Along with SWE 15, 17, 18, and 19, SWA52, and SWF04 and 51.

But it's logged!  Initial (wrong) prediction forthcoming! 

Do we know what R is? SWE is Edge SWA is Age SWF is Force and Destiny....

1 hour ago, Daeglan said:

We got a gear book announcement. Makes me think they are winding down the line....

Honestly, at this point, I'm pretty happy. I haven't kept up with anything new coming, but I have bought all the books, and i pick up RotSep today. 

A collected gear book (already coming I guess?), a collected Race book, maybe a collected Career book too would be nice. 

An updated ship combat book would be nice too, although I just use modified X-Wing rules for ship movement right now. It suffices. 

So if we are coming to the end, I'm fine with that. 

I suspect FFG has something planned for the Ep7-9 era once the new books and ep9 drops. Possibly an entire 4th Core, although a single book going over all 3 movies would be preferable to me. 

1 minute ago, Alisair Longreach said:

The next compendium book will either be a collected Species guide or the Starships and Vehicles compendium. Summer 2020 we will get the Sequel Era book.

YOu mean winter. It takes a year from the start and they likely cant really start till after rise of skywalker

27 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

YOu mean winter. It takes a year from the start and they likely cant really start till after rise of skywalker

No reason they couldn't have it written now.  The entire book could be ready to go with some placeholders for stuff they would need to include from Ep9.  Movie comes out, they add in that material and off to the printers.

Not speculating that is what FFG IS doing, but they COULD.

1 hour ago, kmanweiss said:

No reason they couldn't have it written now.  The entire book could be ready to go with some placeholders for stuff they would need to include from Ep9.  Movie comes out, they add in that material and off to the printers.

Not speculating that is what FFG IS doing, but they COULD.

Still does not take into account shipping and playtesting  etx. Not expenting before nov 2020

5 hours ago, Alisair Longreach said:

The next compendium book will either be a collected Species guide or the Starships and Vehicles compendium. Summer 2020 we will get the Sequel Era book.

Given that Gear and Gadgets is following Allies and Adversaries, I'm placing my bet now on the title of the next compilation book:

Starships and Speeders

18 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

Given that Gear and Gadgets is following Allies and Adversaries, I'm placing my bet now on the title of the next compilation book:

Starships and Speeders

I want them to reuse the old Essential Guide title - Vehicles and Vessels 

I'm still hoping to get an adventure book for each of the three core games this year (and every year for as long as possible).

I recently introduced a gaming group, post-move to another state, to Fantasy Flight Star Wars and every one of them had the same response as always. They were blown away and really enjoyed the idea of a narrative-based storytelling game, as opposed to tactical combat & loot like D&D and Pathfinder. People have already gone out and bought dice even though I have enough to loan; two I know are looking into getting their own Age of Rebellion Core Books (that's the Saga I'm running this go around). It's still a great system, and it fits Star Wars well. It isn't very well exposed and I think that's really been FFG's biggest obstacles. They count on people like me to be ambassadors to the system, which I'm happy to share with as many as possible, but commonly when I get people into a Saga they aren't even aware a new edition of Star Wars exists (all remember the heydays of WEG d6, which was part of what brought Star Wars back from the dead in popularity and ushered in a lot of great new content).

Anyway, I think it would be premature to wind up the line unless Disney is losing their mind about the cost of their next license re-up, which I can see being a problem the way the Fortress of the Mouse is operating these days. A gear source book sounds great but what I'd really like to see is each games supported by one of their always incredible adventure books in future releases. I love to slide those into my own Saga's and just add my story drops where necessary so everything fits together. Those are what will help Game Masters new to this system slide right in who don't have the time to write out 200 pages worth of outline (in other words, folks with lives 😁🤣😂).

That's just my two credits.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Absol197 said:

Sad day :( .  My work's computer system has started blocking the forum, so my ability to respond to things in the middle of the day is going to be majorly impacted.  Sorry, folks! 

So your post times will let us know exactly at what times you're hiding in the toilets, furiously typing away on your phone.  🙂

Edited by Stan Fresh

21 minutes ago, Stan Fresh said:

So your post times will let us know exactly at what times you're hiding in the toilets, furiously typing away on your phone.  🙂

Umm... no comment.  Just don't look at the grey Jedi thread...

8 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Sad day :( .  My work's computer system has started blocking the forum, so my ability to respond to things in the middle of the day is going to be majorly impacted.  Sorry, folks! 

I may just be paranoid but unless there are other people at your work visiting these forums it probably means that they know you've been visiting these forums and that's why they blocked it.

36 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

I may just be paranoid but unless there are other people at your work visiting these forums it probably means that they know you've been visiting these forums and that's why they blocked it.

Or that they upgraded the software that detects those things, and it finally got on the radar.  It's a big company, and a major software update occurred last week while I was on vacation, so I'm going with that explanation until proven otherwise. 

But i can appreciate some good, ol'-fashioned paranoia :) .

2 hours ago, Absol197 said:

Or that they upgraded the software that detects those things, and it finally got on the radar.  It's a big company, and a major software update occurred last week while I was on vacation, so I'm going with that explanation until proven otherwise. 

But i can appreciate some good, ol'-fashioned paranoia :) .

Lots of companies block any site that has "games" in the description.