pelican

Best X Wing App?

Squad building?   They are all the same to me.   I use X-wing Squadron Builder just out of randomness that is what ended up on my phone.  I do like that it has the epic ships in it.  Not all of them do and it's annoying to try to play Epic without them in there.  

Personally, I love X-wing Companion.  It is not a squad builder, though.   It stores all the cards and info in about as many ways as you can want to look them up.  Look up the ships and pilots....but then you can click on all the sub upgrade cards you can get...like crew or EPT or...etc.   You can also look at just the upgrade cards, too.   It tells you want products they come in so you don't have to figure that out.  You can also look at things via blister pack, so you can figure out what you get with each product.   It just....amazing in all that it does for looking up and reading about all the different stuff in X-wing.  It just doesn't build lists.  

Squad building?   They are all the same to me.   I use X-wing Squadron Builder just out of randomness that is what ended up on my phone.  I do like that it has the epic ships in it.  Not all of them do and it's annoying to try to play Epic without them in there.  

Personally, I love X-wing Companion.  It is not a squad builder, though.   It stores all the cards and info in about as many ways as you can want to look them up.  Look up the ships and pilots....but then you can click on all the sub upgrade cards you can get...like crew or EPT or...etc.   You can also look at just the upgrade cards, too.   It tells you want products they come in so you don't have to figure that out.  You can also look at things via blister pack, so you can figure out what you get with each product.   It just....amazing in all that it does for looking up and reading about all the different stuff in X-wing.  It just doesn't build lists.

Startactics is a good squadron builder that also allows you to do all the things listed here. It is on Android, I'm unsure about ios.

Android - X-wing Squadron Builder

It is updated constantly and has lots of great features!  Very easy to use.

I really like this one. You can load your collection and when list building it will show you what upgrades you have available. It will of course still let you build the lists however you want.

I endorse these two as well.

Aurora is slowly taking over as my favorite. It may not be the #1 at this very moment, but the guy is constantly upgrading and actively taking feedback and implementing new features. As a software engineer myself, that quality is going to slingshot him into first place quickly!

Startactics is a good squadron builder that also allows you to do all the things listed here. It is on Android, I'm unsure about ios.

I use Aurora on the ios, and it works well.  However, on Android, I've tried several apps and nothing comes even close to Startactics.  The only downside is the ads (which are easily ignored for the most part).  The app is so good, I'm on the verge of paying the fee to remove them permanently.

I started with X-wing squadron Builder on Android, but it crashes on me ALL the time, so I switched to Startactics.  Seems good so far, and I really like that it allows you to add individual cards/ships to your collection, instead of just entire expansions.

Startactics is what I used until just recently. Now trying out Aurora.

Startactics is solid, but my only concern is that it demands a lot of access to data on your phone that i'm not sure it needs. I don't know what it does with it, but I'm investigating. Thanks to Mu0n for bringing that to my attention. 

The ads aren't a concern to me. As a developer that doesn't often get donations, ads are a good way to get usage based payment. You don't get a whole lot, but it's more than zero.

Another downside of Startactics is that it is rules riggid. This is good for the average user because you can't make any squad building mistakes, but I would like the ability to turn off the constraints for fun lists. Aurora lets you do this as well as support for things like HotAC and custom made cards. That's a really cool feature I haven't seen elsewhere.

Aurora's XWS Import/Export Support is also nice. 

Edited by Killerardvark

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 7:22 AM, heychadwick said:

So, I just got a smart phone, and went looking for this app.  Is it gone?

On 19/07/2016 at 8:21 PM, Stone37 said:

Android - X-wing Squadron Builder

It is updated constantly and has lots of great features!  Very easy to use.

Cant save on android even if i set permissions to write storage.

12 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Never mind; answered my own question:  https://teamcovenant.com/general/x-wing-companion-removed-from-google-play

So, are there any good X-Wing aids for Android?

Also, what is the best X-Wing card design software?

It's not gone, but just off the Google store.  You can get it here:  http://xwingcompanion.com/