Sign in to follow this  
Zeodra

What do you think about this rebel build?

Poe Dameron; Draw Their Fire, R5-P9, Autothrusters. Kyle Katarn; Draw Their Fire, TLT, Jan Ors, Moldy Crow. Biggs Darklighter; R7 Astromech, Stealth Device. The whole point of this build is to keep Biggs alive for most of the game. Poe and Kyle can take any crits. Poe can regenerate those crits. Kyle will always give Biggs an evade dice, guaranteeing Biggs to have both a target lock and an evade dice and maybe even a focus. Who would you guys fly this? Is this list competitive? Against what builds would this list struggle against? What would you do different? In this situation is R4-D6 better than R7 astromech?

So, someone shoots at Biggs - he passes those hits to Poe who then hopes to regen, Kyle is support ship doing Kyle things. My immediate response was "no" but then that's just me bench-marking it against current Poe/Biggs builds. The more experimentation the better. 

I say give it a shot - but if you loose one ship then I think the list may fall apart as it looses the synergy. It's an interesting mix that's for sure. 

I'd say anything that deals out stress would be an issue. Denying Poe or Kyle's ability to take an action and get a focus would be a weakness - at the very least that's what I'd concentrate on. 

Tactician in a Phantom, Stress Hog or something like Ouiccan or Chopper could be a problem. Six black-crack Tie swarm would put lots of pressure on. 

The other thing is that your damage output may be a little middle-of-the-road. 

Edited by Imperial Mike

Also I'd say ion any things will hurt you as well as if you're playing tight formations it's likely to force your hand to break off or makes you really predictable and allows multiple ships to work behind you with little to nothing to shoot back at.

Also, the Stealth Device will die, even if they draw the crits away. So, be careful on that. I've seen a lot of lists try to keep Biggs alive, and many of them fail, so keep that in mind. A lot of times, the standard R4-D6 with Integrated Astromech, lasts through a few shots, and is cheap, is the best option.

My spin on your list.

Your standard moves would be. Biggs moves and focuses, Jan Ors changes it to an evade. Poe target locks and gets the focus from Kyle. Kyle has rerolls for his TLT from predator.  If you think Biggs is going to cop a pounding then no T/L on Poe, just focus and give Biggs the focus from Kyle so he has an evade and a focus. 

100 points

PILOTS

Biggs Darklighter (28)
X-Wing (25), R2-D6 (1), Juke (2), Integrated Astromech (0)

Poe Dameron (PS8 Version) (37)
T-70 X-Wing (31), R5-P9 (3), Draw Their Fire (1), Autothrusters (2)

Kyle Katarn (35)
HWK-290 (21), Predator (3), Twin Laser Turret (6), Jan Ors (2), Moldy Crow (3)

Edited by Trubble