Sign in to follow this  
nikk whyte

It really is the little things

I generally find that the games I enjoy more are the games I lose. When I field my squad and approach my opponent, I have my next few moves planned out in advance. When all goes according to plan and he dies, I'm not impressed. I already knew what the outcome would be

But when he pulls a crazy maneuver and throws everything I had prepared for out the window, that is when I am truly thrilled by the game. Or If I lose yet I pull a crazy maneuver myself, or make him sweat the whole game (playing some ppl with my 4 lambdas comes to mind lol) those are the games I remember. It isn't always about winning, I'm glad you had a GOOD game at the tournament sir :)

I also lost at a tournament against one of the best players at the tournament, who had a z95 swarm. But the best bit was kavil, down to 1 hull point, with genius dropping a proton bomb in the middle of the swarm. Even though I lost watching kavil die taking out 3 of those z-95 (who drew double damage crits) was epic. :)

Edited by robertg97

Often, the satisfying moments in games are much better than the win (if it is a win). You rarely remember the wins, but you always remember the little things. The impossible range 3 pot shot through a rock that took down an ace, or the amazing bump that turned the game around. Those are the moments this game is bloody great at generating, and they're always fantastic.

Once, in a casual game, I shot at a cloaked "Wisper", who had one hull left, at range three with my Dace Bonearm, because, why not? 1 attack die vs. 5 defense dice, I rolled a hit, then he rolled nothing but blanks and focus results, so against all odds, I killed him. I lost that game by over 100 points (It was a 325 point match).

Wow...on the losing end of this one.

B-Wing with full health Proton Bombed off the board (new damage deck).   A-Wing (Tycho) Proton Bombed off the board (old damage deck),  Ryad full health one shot off the Board by Zuckuss.....

....oh the memories....the wonderful memories.

Pretty funny.   :D

Today, I lost in the first round of the cut at a sizeable store tourney here in Georgia.

However, I was able to tractor beam Miranda onto a bomb I had laid in the same round, killing her in the process.

I don't care what the score says or what place I finished. I won today.

Today, I lost in the first round of the cut at a sizeable store tourney here in Georgia.

However, I was able to tractor beam Miranda onto a bomb I had laid in the same round, killing her in the process.

I don't care what the score says or what place I finished. I won today.

Yes! i like ur style :)

one tourney i was playing my IG88 + Fett list vs shuttle/soontir/phantom list. i lost the game, but it was close. messed up a turn by playing it safe to avoid flying off the map. best moment was when i surprised soontir with a range two shot from my firesprays rear arc, double stressing him (tactician crew baby!), next turn IG88 blew him to pieces. YUS!

Edited by The_Brown_Bomber

I also lost at a tournament against one of the best players at the tournament, who had a z95 swarm. But the best bit was kavil, down to 1 hull point, with genius dropping a proton bomb in the middle of the swarm. Even though I lost watching kavil die taking out 3 of those z-95 (who drew double damage crits) was epic. :)

Proton bombs are my new friend.  I was playing with 2 other people and dropped a proton bomb that caught 5 ships in one explosion.  It was beautiful watching all those face-up cards get drawn.  Of course, conner netting someone into a proton bomb on the next turn is just as fun.

Edited by shadowswalker

I love those 1-in-a-million shots. My favourites are:

1-shotting full health Soontir with a Proton Torpedo

1-shotting full health Biggs with N'Dru/Cluster Missiles

Losing N'Dru to a single shot at Range 3 on turn 1

Very similar to golf where you remember the great shots far more than the score at the end of the day. And it's that stuff that keeps you playing.

Thanks for sharing these Great Moments.