Sign in to follow this  
SEApocalypse

Wedge Antilles was once a TIE Pilot, so him next as Imperial Ace? (Minor Rebels S3 spoiler)

Yeah lol. The whole point of putting "spoiler" in the title is so that people who don't want things spoiled don't have to read said spoiler. Putting the spoiler itself in the title kinda defeats the purpose. :P

At some point, I could see FFG getting into cross-faction pilot releases, but I don't think it'll happen just yet. That's largely because, at this point, there aren't a whole lot of ships that it would make sense to have those pilots on -- they'd have to re-release old ships, and I think new ships will have a bit of a higher priority.

At some point, I could see FFG getting into cross-faction pilot releases, but I don't think it'll happen just yet. That's largely because, at this point, there aren't a whole lot of ships that it would make sense to have those pilots on -- they'd have to re-release old ships, and I think new ships will have a bit of a higher priority.

Boba Fett, Kath Scarlet, and Sabine Wren would like a word with you. :P

Not sure on the Legends timeline but wasn't it part of the character way-back-when that Wedge Antillies went to the Imperial Academy? So this would not be a spoiler per se, as it is just more "bits that were in Ledgends are in the new canon too, so get a warm fuzzy feeling about the new canon instead on lamenting it"?

Oh ****. I missed it up. I thought Wedge was together with Tycho, Biggs on the Rand Ecliptic when deflecting. So the title is indeed a totally unintentional spoiler. My bad. 

Anyway, after that has been cleared up:

Who wants Wedge for the empire? Call me in. 

IIRC it was Tycho rather than Wedge who was an Imperial Academy pilot in Legends.

Yeah, that's what I thougt.  Didn't Wedge grow up on his parents repair station, and after they were killed, he became a freighter pilot and eventually ended up with the Rebellion?

Shows what I know. ;)

Dr. Zoidberg, you are right.

I dont recall Wege ever being at the academy, that was Tycho, and Biggs, and Hobbie, among others. And Wedge was a freight pilot for booster for a bit, or worked with Booster after his parents died...when he grew up with Mirax.

Quite a few pilots have flown more than one ship, but as far as I know we haven't seen FFG issue two different pilot cards for the same name on two types of ship.  Some of them switched sides, others were just promoted - say from a TIE Fighter to TIE Interceptor or whatever.  But there are a ton of them, and I wouldn't mind if we eventually saw some alternate pilot cards on different ships.

Quite a few pilots have flown more than one ship, but as far as I know we haven't seen FFG issue two different pilot cards for the same name on two types of ship.  Some of them switched sides, others were just promoted - say from a TIE Fighter to TIE Interceptor or whatever.  But there are a ton of them, and I wouldn't mind if we eventually saw some alternate pilot cards on different ships.

Marek Steele says hello from both his TIE Advanced and TIE Defender....

Marek Steele says hello from both his TIE Advanced and TIE Defender....

hera makes an even starker shift from the largest rebel non-epic to the smallest

Urgh just when I think rebels can't get worse they introduce interceptors before the ship they were designed to counter.

Even in the EU, Interceptors had entered service by ANH (ISDs carried as standard, one interceptor squadron, during ANH- and by ROTJ, this had gone up to 2.)

Maybe the "designed to counter X-wings" can be replaced with "designed to counter A-wings".

Edited by Ironlord

Or just "designed to replace TIE/ln".

Or at least supplement it - though there's plenty of TIE/ln's still in service 4 years later.

And it would appear that the First Order favours the TIE/ln design rather than the Interceptor, as the basis for its own ships.