Sign in to follow this  
shmitty

THRAWN!!!!

Thrawn is Canon according to the link. Nothing to do with Armada directly, though potentially in the future is what I suspect Shmitty is going for here.

Just warning all who get click baited like me.

Sorry, didn't mean to click bait ya. Just glad to have him back in the canon and really glad they are having Zahn writing Star Wars again.

Thrawns appearance in Armada seems pretty much inevitable at this point.

I hate this "new timeline" thing... We literally have to scrap info together about what is "anon" and what is not.... It's especially annoying because SW7 was such a big letdown.

You're so right! SW-7s are totally overcosted!! I don't know anyone who thinks they're really ...

...wait...

....did you mean Episode 7: The Force Awakens??

Well, I guess there's no accounting for taste. Do you also pine for the Sun Crusher as being mercilessly ripped from your childhood memories?  :P

I hate this "new timeline" thing... We literally have to scrap info together about what is "anon" and what is not.... It's especially annoying because SW7 was such a big letdown.

Trollin'?

The "New timeline" is not complicated at all we do not have to scrap information together at all it is all listed what is canon and what isn't. All you need to do is throw out everything you thought you knew about star wars until it is brought into canon.

Also Sorry you were let down by TFA but it was exactly what most people expected and exactly what it needed to be to get this all kicked off.

Trollin'?

The "New timeline" is not complicated at all we do not have to scrap information together at all it is all listed what is canon and what isn't. All you need to do is throw out everything you thought you knew about star wars until it is brought into canon.

Also Sorry you were let down by TFA but it was exactly what most people expected and exactly what it needed to be to get this all kicked off.

I can understand being somewhat let down by TFA.  The plot is nearly identical, as are the plot devices, IE the Star-Destroyer-that's-not-a-Star-Destroyer-wink-nudge, which raises a bunch of questions, like how the hell do they get the resources to do build it, why the hell would the Resistance LET them build it, etc.

What saved that film, for me, and made me enjoy it were the characters.  The new characters were so good that I wanted more of them and less of the older characters.  The one thing that film really needed to do is nail the "feel" of Star Wars, the tone, and it did a fantastic job for that..  I just wish they were slightly more adventurous with the IP.

I'll get to watch TFA at some stage, I'm sure........

...  But Thrawn.  

And so far, a Thrawn I like.  

A Thrawn that is stated to be a big-picture thinker, an organiser, an investigator, and one that is already universally feared by people...  

He doesn't have to build his reputation - he has it right now...

But so much there re-canonized, if it hadn't been before...

Wedge.  181st Bloodstripes on Interceptors.

I am happy for it.

I'll just have to find time to watch it at least twice over for more titbits.

What's really great is that they worked with Zahn to get Thrawn back.   April 2017 new "Thrawn" book is coming out, by Zahn!   This is going to be satisfying!   

It's just gotta be hard to write material for this entire universe, when they are introducing "new" characters in both multiple different time periods all at the same time.... like how do you introduce Thrawn in the past.. (Pre-Episode 4), when nothing else has him even mentioned... like reading Aftermath book 2 right now and it seems thwy would have mentioned him since they've name dropped almost every big name from the Empire's history.  

Edited by Crabbok

Trollin'?

I can understand being somewhat let down by TFA.  The plot is nearly identical, as are the plot devices, IE the Star-Destroyer-that's-not-a-Star-Destroyer-wink-nudge, which raises a bunch of questions, like how the hell do they get the resources to do build it, why the hell would the Resistance LET them build it, etc.

What saved that film, for me, and made me enjoy it were the characters.  The new characters were so good that I wanted more of them and less of the older characters.  The one thing that film really needed to do is nail the "feel" of Star Wars, the tone, and it did a fantastic job for that..  I just wish they were slightly more adventurous with the IP.

I understand your points but a lot of what episode 7 needed to be was saying, look we are Star Wars, we know what star wars is and what you love about it. Here have some Star Wars.

If all they were doing was one movie or even one Trilogy I would even agree with you but the fact is that we are getting at least one new Star Wars movie a year for the foreseeable future so it was really important that they establish trust with the first one.

I think they succeed with that and you will see more adventurous story telling as time goes on and the trust in the brand is built.

Hell look at Marvel, when they announced they were going to do Iron Man, Hulk and Thor in the mid 2000's I thought "wow, sold of the A team so your pulling up the B team huh?" Then they announced Avengers and I thought "that's not going to work in a movie" then guardians of the galaxy. Now I just assume anything they release is going to be good and I do not worry about it. That is what Lucas Film did with episode 7 and what they need to do with Rogue One. If they succed and get the trust of the audience then we will see more risk taking.

Wedge.  181st Bloodstripes on Interceptors.

I'm a little concerned about how they showed Wedge in the trailer. I will reserve judgment until I see the episode but I am not sure how they can reconcile his story about how he joined the rebellion in "Lost Stars" with what we saw in this trailer. It is possible but I'm not sure that was taken into account.

For those that do not know the gist is that Wedge was brought into the rebellion through a friend code named Fulcrum (this was Ashoka's code name and all though she is not "gone" it is unlikely she will be in this season). Wedge flew missions for Fulcrum in an A-wing and was injured forcing him to be a gunner/navigator on a freighter (possibly the ghost or the YT-2400 we see in the trailer)

I agree with you t

Trollin'?

I understand your points but a lot of what episode 7 needed to be was saying, look we are Star Wars, we know what star wars is and what you love about it. Here have some Star Wars.

If all they were doing was one movie or even one Trilogy I would even agree with you but the fact is that we are getting at least one new Star Wars movie a year for the foreseeable future so it was really important that they establish trust with the first one.

I think they succeed with that and you will see more adventurous story telling as time goes on and the trust in the brand is built.

Hell look at Marvel, when they announced they were going to do Iron Man, Hulk and Thor in the mid 2000's I thought "wow, sold of the A team so your pulling up the B team huh?" Then they announced Avengers and I thought "that's not going to work in a movie" then guardians of the galaxy. Now I just assume anything they release is going to be good and I do not worry about it. That is what Lucas Film did with episode 7 and what they need to do with Rogue One. If they succed and get the trust of the audience then we will see more risk taking.

I agree with you, I just thought they could've done all that AND made their own story.  Totally think the tone was the most important thing, and they did that right.

I am very hopeful because Rian Johnson is writing and directing the next one, and his track record, while short, is much better than Abrams imho.

I'm kind of surprised they didn't have Thrawn as part of the Intedictor expansion. Making Star Wars called this a long time ago, and I figured they'd wait to reveal the last commander card until after Thrawn was official again.

Regardless, this is a really great gesture for EU fans. The canon reset threw out the good with the bad, I'm glad they are fixing that and recognizing the novel fans who kept things going in between the movies.

Thrawn is a natural for this game but also for Star Wars Rebellion too, I think.

I hope he is in it for "closure"...

Like, getting graphically sucked into the air intake of a carelessly activated landing craft on the flight deck early in the season.

You're so right! SW-7s are totally overcosted!! I don't know anyone who thinks they're really ...

...wait...

....did you mean Episode 7: The Force Awakens??

Well, I guess there's no accounting for taste. Do you also pine for the Sun Crusher as being mercilessly ripped from your childhood memories?  :P

Hey! 13 year old me thought the Sun Crusher was awesome

I hope he is in it for "closure"...

Like, getting graphically sucked into the air intake of a carelessly activated landing craft on the flight deck early in the season.

And here I wanted to ask if anyone was -unhappy- about thrawn's return. Care to elaborate why ophion?