Sign in to follow this  
J Viz

Poe vs Ello (37 points)

Which would you guys go for given a straight choice between:

VI Poe w/ R5-P9 and AT's

VI Ello w/ R2-D2 and AT's

Poe has the higher pilot skill and has a offensive ability but is really tied to having focus tokens so i've found if someone is behind him becomes really hard to commit to a talon roll.

Ello has a lot less to offer in defence but the white talon rolls mean he is less likely to be shot at and is more suited to tackling the current influx of defenders with their white (and in the case of the Countess Green) k-turns.

Like to be pairing up with a 33 points VI/Procket Jake and 2 prototype blockers.

Thanks for any advice you may have

Well Poe as long as he get's his focus have higher PS, offensive and defensive modification and then a regen ability not locked into green manouvers. That is a lot going for him being the better pick.

White talon rolls are very useful for the same reason as white k-turn are. It's also boosted (pun not intended) by the t-70 having the boost ability.

I would have picked Poe I think but if you will pair him with PS 9 Jake and blockers it might be worth using Ello Atsy to get both aces at the same PS. You could of course just add adaptability on Poe for that

Well Poe as long as he get's his focus have higher PS, offensive and defensive modification and then a regen ability not locked into green manouvers. That is a lot going for him being the better pick.

White talon rolls are very useful for the same reason as white k-turn are. It's also boosted (pun not intended) by the t-70 having the boost ability.

I would have picked Poe I think but if you will pair him with PS 9 Jake and blockers it might be worth using Ello Atsy to get both aces at the same PS. You could of course just add adaptability on Poe for that

I've not got adaptability but sure can borrow it. Really it seems like it's just a trade off between manoeuvrability and durability. 

Poe has way more punch throughout the game. Ello is a one-trick pony (albeit a fantastic trick), and not something I'd anchor my list on. Poe can carry a list in a lot of cases.

I've actually run them both together in the past with an A-wing, although it was Gemmer with PTL and AT. A lot of fun, and surprisingly effective. Gemmer becomes shockingly hard to hit at any range, which makes for a great harasser, while the other lads lay down some firepower. There's even an initiative bid left to hopefully get Ello firing before Soontir/Whisper. Worth a try.

I used to prefer Poe but I'm currently more an Asty man. Particularly once Vectored Thrusters arrive and you'll be able to Troll and Roll. The other advantage to Asty over Poe is that he doesn't draw the volume of hate attacks that Poe does. Most players will focus on Poe ASAP. Asty will generally live long enough to use the white Troll and get behind something.

And don't forget that you can put R5-P9 on Asty, Troll and focus. That lets you come in cheaper than Poe and still have better maneuverability with your regen.

Poe has way more punch throughout the game. Ello is a one-trick pony (albeit a fantastic trick), and not something I'd anchor my list on. Poe can carry a list in a lot of cases.

I've actually run them both together in the past with an A-wing, although it was Gemmer with PTL and AT. A lot of fun, and surprisingly effective. Gemmer becomes shockingly hard to hit at any range, which makes for a great harasser, while the other lads lay down some firepower. There's even an initiative bid left to hopefully get Ello firing before Soontir/Whisper. Worth a try.

I like the Gemmer idea, may be better than compromising on Jake