Sign in to follow this  
patox

New Rogue One ship spotted

Disney likes big wings apparently, between this and Kylo Ren's shuttle,

Looks like a mix between a Lambda and a Mouse droid.

Whoever is on the design team for 'Rogue One' really needs to be replaced.  Honestly, *nothing* coming out of that movie is looking remotely good, or very 'Star Wars' at all...

Whoever is on the design team for 'Rogue One' really needs to be replaced.  Honestly, *nothing* coming out of that movie is looking remotely good, or very 'Star Wars' at all...

Outside of the Tie Fighter and X-wing rehash (which, on its own is pretty boring), Ep. VII had, in my opinion, even worse looking ships. Boxy tooth brush transport, boxy box box transport, and wings wings wings shuttle.

Outside of the Tie Fighter and X-wing rehash (which, on its own is pretty boring), Ep. VII had, in my opinion, even worse looking ships. Boxy tooth brush transport, boxy box box transport, and wings wings wings shuttle.

No disagreement, here.  Team Mouse has a serious aesthetics problem...

The end result might not be visually appealing to you, but it wasn't for a lack of effort. The original ship and deathstar designs ultimately were created by cobbling together assorted pieces from various model kits that were purchasable at the time. To achieve the same aesthetic, they bought as many of these same kits as they could get their hands on from ebay, etc. and then scanned/rendered each piece separately so they could go through the same creation process all over again, with the same pieces, but this time via CGI. Might not matter for some, but I think that's pretty cool.

I feel like the design conversation went like this:

"Hey, we need a new ship. Can you design one?"

"Designing an entire new ship is hard, can't I just steal a design and modify it?"

"Sounds great, why don't you just throw some wings on a recognizer and call it a day?"

reco_6gg_j0b.jpg

Holy crap I knew it reminded of something you sir have nailed it.

The end result might not be visually appealing to you, but it wasn't for a lack of effort. The original ship and deathstar designs ultimately were created by cobbling together assorted pieces from various model kits that were purchasable at the time. To achieve the same aesthetic, they bought as many of these same kits as they could get their hands on from ebay, etc. and then scanned/rendered each piece separately so they could go through the same creation process all over again, with the same pieces, but this time via CGI. Might not matter for some, but I think that's pretty cool.

Seems like a lot of excuses for a bunch of guys who were handed an intact, beloved universe, and then couldn't figure out how to use the stuff given to them, lol.

"I can't figure out how to make a cool fighter."

"Just use the old X-Wing. Everyone will love it."

"But that's so boring."

"No, really, it's not."

I am confused when people complain new ships in star wars are ugly. Almost all the original trillogy ships were ugly and had no realism in there designs just look that the tie fighter (without your nostalgia glasses on) it's ugly and stupid for a spaceship.

If you had made ships for the new movies sleak and pretty you same idiots would be screaming about how un-starwars they were or how they are "to much like the prequel ships"

As for this ship, star wars us all about giant wings and gawdy designs with stupid **** sticking out for no reason. I like it!

Edited by Icelom