Sign in to follow this  
RodianClone

What should my Boonta Blaster be Disguised as?

What kind of jewlery or ornimental item should my sunday one-shot character`s  holdout boonta blaster(Lords of Nal Hutta) be disguised as?

He is a smuggler: charmer and has a sword-can already. Hit me with ideas, you great creative forum member geniouses! :D

rix_llandal_by_slapsticky-daa3qlf.jpg

Edited by RodianClone

Interesing suggestions!... Is a ring too.. obvious?... I already has a driver spec npc in my game who has a keychain with a boonta blaster on it..

A ring seems a bit small to fit an Encumbrance 1 device into.  Now, a fancy data gauntlet.....

Interesing suggestions!... Is a ring too.. obvious?... I already has a driver spec npc in my game who has a keychain with a boonta blaster on it..

A ring seems a bit small to fit an Encumbrance 1 device into.  Now, a fancy data gauntlet.....

Nah, you`re putting to much into the encumbrance numbers.. Just like with range bands and silhouettes(and 5 brawn strong human to 6 brawn rancor), I think encoumbrance has a little fluff space.

However, it coulf be a big bling ring...

6843135f1f9e1b644b8ae22649a7d57f.jpg

Edited by RodianClone

Nah, you`re putting to much into the encumbrance numbers.. Just like with range bands and silhouettes(and 5 brawn strong human to 6 brawn rancor), I think encoumbrance has a little fluff space.

You're certainly welcome to consider it that way, but let's just peruse the swrpg equipment list and sort by encumbrance and see what fits into Encumbrance 0 category versus Encumbrance 1 category.....  Okay, now having seen that, I would rule that a ring is too small for that particular blaster.  If the blaster were Encumbrance 0, I'd see it easily fitting into smaller things.   

Even that hardcore jizzer's (I can't believe I got to type that!) ring is probably too small to house a blaster, but I'd grant it Encumbrance 1 due to how it affects a character's ability to interact with the environment, which is really what Encumbrance is about anyway: factor in mass and how hard it is to do stuff while holding/carrying it.

You're certainly welcome to consider it that way, but let's just peruse the swrpg equipment list and sort by encumbrance and see what fits into Encumbrance 0 category versus Encumbrance 1 category.....  Okay, now having seen that, I would rule that a ring is too small for that particular blaster.  If the blaster were Encumbrance 0, I'd see it easily fitting into smaller things.   

Even that hardcore jizzer's (I can't believe I got to type that!) ring is probably too small to house a blaster, but I'd grant it Encumbrance 1 due to how it affects a character's ability to interact with the environment, which is really what Encumbrance is about anyway: factor in mass and how hard it is to do stuff while holding/carrying it.

Cumbersome, sure! But as the CRB even says, encumbrance is just a thing if you want/need it to be.

Cumbersome, sure! But as the CRB even says, encumbrance is just a thing if you want/need it to be.

I see Cumbersome as a subset of Encumbrance, but the two are not the same.  Of course one can ignore Encumbrance, or any rule for that matter.  Me, I want at least a modicum of believability in my laser-sword-wielding-space-wizard stories.  

Do keep in mind that a Boonta Blaster is supposed to be large enough that only a Hutt can properly hold it and use it as a blaster weapon. It would be too large and awkward for any other species to use.

At least, that’s what I recall of the writeup in the book.

Do keep in mind that a Boonta Blaster is supposed to be large enough that only a Hutt can properly hold it and use it as a blaster weapon. It would be too large and awkward for any other species to use.

Nope, didn`t see that in the write-up. I saw that the first one who had the boonta blaster as a jewlery was a hutt though..

Nope, didn`t see that in the write-up. I saw that the first one who had the boonta blaster as a jewlery was a hutt though..

Btw. I was a medic in the norwegian army and I had a glock. That didn`t weigh ****... Plastic! Star Wars could do even better! sci-fi, baby!

The 12 defender, described as tiny micro-blasters also have silhouette 1..

Edited by RodianClone

Disguise it as a set of macro/electrobinoculars.  That way when you're aiming it at someone/something, people just think you're looking.

To really make it work, use the one hard point that the blaster has for a Multi-Optic Sight, and explain that the effects of the attachment come into play as you're actually using it as a set of binoculars.

And just FYI, either set of binoculars is a 1 encumbrance item just like the gun.

Edited by Atama