Sign in to follow this  
jesper_h

Live updates from Coruscant Invitational

Though FFG probably should have posted an article about the winner, we did fully announce the 3 winning ships on our podcast when Ryan Fleming spoiled it for the community a couple weeks ago. It's been public that it was the rebel HWK, Starviper, and Tie Punisher since July 6. (This is my not-so-subtle way to say, "Hey, we'd love for you to listen to our Stay On Target podcast for more fun stuff like that," haha! SPOILER ALERT: We'll have reigning North American champion & US National runner-up Jeff Berling on the show this week!)

I heard it on your podcast first!

Well, they are showing the X-wing demo on the Star Wars live stream.

To attract new players into checking out the game. I think if they just created a 60 second commercial it would be much more effective.

Thanks for giving the loyal fan base a kick in the nuts FFG.

By the sounds of it, the Mouse is keeping their licensees on a short leash for this event, and FFG just didn't have the pull to cut through the bureaucracy.

At least 186th covered things.

"Ryan loses Guri with a focus token to Miranda’s unmodified 2-dice shot."

Ah yes, this sort of occurrence reminds me why I stopped playing Guri, for now...

Though FFG probably should have posted an article about the winner, we did fully announce the 3 winning ships on our podcast when Ryan Fleming spoiled it for the community a couple weeks ago. It's been public that it was the rebel HWK, Starviper, and Tie Punisher since July 6. (This is my not-so-subtle way to say, "Hey, we'd love for you to listen to our Stay On Target podcast for more fun stuff like that," haha! SPOILER ALERT: We'll have reigning North American champion & US National runner-up Jeff Berling on the show this week!)

That was nice of you, but you're not the official FFG information channel. Seeing how they made a big deal out of the voting, one would expect they would actually announce the results on their page.

no live stream that is major fail for FFG :angry:

Not their fault by the sound of things.

Sounds like it was. They didn't turn in the paperwork in time.

FFG never streams anything outside their own Game Center. I doubt they even thought to do it, it was probably a third party that wanted to and got denied.

Doesn't matter if they don't outside of their Game Center usually or not. They built this thing up and had a vote on what we want to "see" fly and we can't even actually see the ships we picked in action. Total failure.

I totally agree with you, I just think there's a misconception about how much FFG actually has to do with streaming events in general. They have benefited greatly from a very active community that has done almost all the work for them. When it comes down to it FFG is a board game company that doesn't have the internal resources to support an actual video production department, so they rely on volunteer support like the local shops that host their events and groups like Team Covenant and Stele Enterprises. What I'm saying is this fail goes much deeper than just this event.