Sign in to follow this  
jesper_h

Live updates from Coruscant Invitational

I was hoping to more variety of scum lists but I guess not much goes with a Starviper and if your not flying Guri what's the point

Well, invulnerable Xizor would have been an idea.

not so invulnerable if you kill every other ship first. its the fastest way to take him down. I think that is why he is rarely seen

I was hoping to more variety of scum lists but I guess not much goes with a Starviper and if your not flying Guri what's the point

not so invulnerable if you kill every other ship first. its the fastest way to take him down. I think that is why he is rarely seen

Are you kidding me, thats absolutely what you want to happen so you can just hyper-agressively get right up to your opponents, knowing that you won't get shot and if you do can just shrug off the damage. Xizor needs to dish out enough damage so in the end he stands one vs. one and can win off a good dial, FCS, and high PS.

no live stream that is major fail for FFG :angry:

Not their fault by the sound of things.

Sounds like it was. They didn't turn in the paperwork in time.

FFG never streams anything outside their own Game Center. I doubt they even thought to do it, it was probably a third party that wanted to and got denied.

Doesn't matter if they don't outside of their Game Center usually or not. They built this thing up and had a vote on what we want to "see" fly and we can't even actually see the ships we picked in action. Total failure.

On top of this, they didn't even announce the ships that won the vote.

Yeah, pretty epic communication fail, IMO. Especially after getting the community involved in voting, to not announce the results or have a way to show off the games is disappointing.

What's happened to their communications? First US Nationals had nothing, and after a lot of good System Open info the actual finale is almost silent except for the fans.

Edited by Hawkstrike

Are you kidding me, thats absolutely what you want to happen so you can just hyper-agressively get right up to your opponents, knowing that you won't get shot and if you do can just shrug off the damage. Xizor needs to dish out enough damage so in the end he stands one vs. one and can win off a good dial, FCS, and high PS.

and that is the problem the Xizor strategy is well know and a counter strategy can be easy to work out.

The problem with Xizor is that he can pass one damage but plasma torps don't just do 1 damage.

Thats a real issue. You'll need some dice to cancel the remaining two damage points after Autothrusters and his ability.
Not really

Between his ability and thrusters, you've canceled 2

So you're probably taking a max of one damage if you're tanking with a focus

Starviper has A shield for plasmas to do nothing against

The horror

Xizor is almost always THE guy you want being shot, he takes damage better than anyone else in the squad because he spreads it out like a bastard

He takes on ordnance AND aces far more easily than dice variance + low PS guri

There are also alternatives such as rangec1 and the trusty PS 2 bumpmaster

Edited by ficklegreendice

Thanks for doing this, was fun to watch and imagine the scene there. Great work! Hope FFG appreciates what you've captured. A shame they couldn't even have an official photographer present to capture the action? They really should hook you guys up.

Thanks for the updates, it's even better than a stream since with your comments everything it's clearer.

I think Piotr should have focussed Guri instead of Manaroo: his own Guri has a better late game vs a torpedo less Manaroo than another Guri, but let's see how they'll play it out

Well, they are showing the X-wing demo on the Star Wars live stream.

To attract new players into checking out the game. I think if they just created a 60 second commercial it would be much more effective.

Thanks for giving the loyal fan base a kick in the nuts FFG.

Though FFG probably should have posted an article about the winner, we did fully announce the 3 winning ships on our podcast when Ryan Fleming spoiled it for the community a couple weeks ago. It's been public that it was the rebel HWK, Starviper, and Tie Punisher since July 6. (This is my not-so-subtle way to say, "Hey, we'd love for you to listen to our Stay On Target podcast for more fun stuff like that," haha! SPOILER ALERT: We'll have reigning North American champion & US National runner-up Jeff Berling on the show this week!)