Sign in to follow this  
jesper_h

Live updates from Coruscant Invitational

Hello everyone. Coruscant kicks off tomorrow and, reportedly, there will be no live stream setup from the tables. Alex Birt and myself (from 186th Squadron) will be attending and spectating. We're hoping to provide a running stream of live (written) updates throughout the tournament, posting them to our website. Don't yet know what the connectivity is going to be like at the venue, but we'll do our best.

www.186th.org/news/coruscant-invitational-2016

According to one of the participants, the proper permissions (copy right law) were not requested in advance to stream the event. An attempt will be made to film the games for later publishing but "that too may be shut down"... Very upsetting.

This is very sad to hear. These were potentially going to be some of the most interesting games of the year. Top tier Starviper games are so interesting.

This world needs more freedom

According to one of the participants, the proper permissions (copy right law) were not requested in advance to stream the event. An attempt will be made to film the games for later publishing but "that too may be shut down"... Very upsetting.

That's just sad...

Was at Celebration today and met Alex Davy. Awesome guy, super nice and had a great discussion with him on the state of the game, metas and the future of the game. Will be heading over to see some of the stuff going on there tomorrow, but sucks.we won't be able to get a full account of the performances streamed

no live stream that is major fail for FFG :angry:

Not their fault by the sound of things.

Sounds like it was. They didn't turn in the paperwork in time.

FFG never streams anything outside their own Game Center. I doubt they even thought to do it, it was probably a third party that wanted to and got denied.

Did we ever find out what ships won the vote?

HWK, Punisher, and StarViper.

The first two are fully confirmed on Twitter, the other is what the players have been told, so it's very likely to be that.

It's the Starviper. I have been skirmishing with Ryan on and off for a few weeks now and it's confirmed.

My understanding is that news articles are very delayed now because everything first needs to go through the business unit in charge of approving anything Star Wars related for PR release. (Lucasfilm, I think?) The approval process can take a couple months, so there simply wasn't enough time since the final vote to put out a news PR.

Yeah, they've now confirmed on Twitter.

I knew it was the Viper, but knowing and it being publicly confirmed to all is not the same. I just channeled my work self and was overly factual ;)

Those are some crazy fun squadrons! Rooting for BB-8 Wedge here!

Edit: Oh, and I am really suprised no one came up with this one:

Contracted Scout (32) x 2
JumpMaster 5000 (25), Extra Munitions (2), Plasma Torpedoes (3), Overclocked R4 (1), Deadeye (1), Guidance Chips (0)

Prince Xizor (36)
StarViper (31), Adaptability (0), Virago (1), Autothrusters (2), Fire-Control System (2)

Could also drop title and FCS to use Predator.

Edited by Admiral Deathrain