Sign in to follow this  
cjnj193

Tier 3 imp aces with tie shuttle

kir kanos has always been one of the most interesting pilots in the game to me, his ability is amazing but he lacks the ept to really make him shine. With imp veterans we now have a pretty fun support ship with the tie shuttle, so I decided to give him another shot.

So first I needed to figure out who to fly with him. The list started off like this

Kit Kanos — TIE Interceptor 24

Ship Total: 24

Scimitar Squadron Pilot — TIE Bomber 16

Systems Officer 2

Fleet Officer 3

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1

TIE Shuttle 0

Ship Total: 22

Both of these were obvious, as they were the whole point of the build, but who else do I take? First I came up with a Tie/D Vessery, because if you are gonna have all those tokens you may as well make sure they go to good use. The list became

Kir Kanos — TIE Interceptor 24

Systems Officer 2

Fleet Officer 3

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1

TIE Shuttle 0

Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35

Ion Cannon 3

TIE/D 0

Ship Total: 38

Epsilon Squadron Pilot — TIE/fo Fighter 15

Ship Total: 15

Vessery probably had an ept but I honestly can't remember. I played a game or 2 with it and it was pretty satisfying, sure enough the tie shuttle was a blast to use and tie/D Vessery packs a punch. The epsilon also gave me a solid blocker and the native TL helped setup Vessery shots. This list definitely felt more focused around Vessery though, so I decided to see what else I could come up with. Then I remembered another mini-ace who could just as easily benefit from the absurd support of the tie shuttle: OMEGA ACE!!! This guy needs a butt load of tokens just to use his ability, let stay alive. Of the 3 mini-ace FOs he is by far the most mediocre of the three, but with the tie shuttle he can easily make use of his ability. I decided to throw opportunist on as well because everyone knows 4 Crits is better that 3, even if they are super situational. The last thing the list needed was the high agro flanker, somebody that everyone hates but is bulky enough to not die instantly and really hurts your opponent if left alone. Vessery filled the role last time but because of point restrictions I decided to go with Omega Leader, who can still get plenty of benefit from the support as well.

The final list -

Kir Kanos — TIE Interceptor 24

Systems Officer 2

Fleet Officer 3

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1

TIE Shuttle 0

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20

Opportunist 4

Comm Relay 3

Ship Total: 27

"Omega Leader" — TIE/fo Fighter 21

Juke 2

Comm Relay 3

Ship Total: 26

Omega ace performed exceptionally well throughout the match. While opportunist often did not proc just because I didn't have anyone to effectively strip tokens before he shot, once it did proc there was certainly some pain. I really liked how the list felt this time around, OL does a great job to scare my opponent while the other 3 ships fly in a loose formation to get all the tokens. The only complaint I have is the formation flying really restricts what kir kanos can do, just because interceptors are known for their jousting after all. But the non stressed interceptor can do surprisingly well after the initial pass.

That's all I got, hope you like the list. If anyone has any similar lists using the tie shuttle and some underrated pilots feel free to share! I'm always looking for more lists to try

Omega Ace + Support Shuttle looks like a ton of fun, but I'd drop Opportunist. A savvy opponent will definitely be focusing or evading to keep it from triggering - and they can't spend those tokens versus OL, so they'll still have them when it's Ace's turn to shoot. In it's place you can put Autothrusters on Kir Kanos, and either Juke, Outmaneuver or Crack Shot on Omega Ace - they all serve the same basic role as Opportunist, ensuring the crits get through. Love to see rarely used pilots in a list, so hat's off to you.

Here is a slightly different take that will help strip tokens before OA fires. Looks like fun, too!

Colonel Vessery — TIE Defender 35
Adaptability 0
Tractor Beam 1
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE/D 0
Ship Total: 37

"Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20
Opportunist 4
Comm Relay 3

Fleet Officer 3
Systems Officer 2
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1
TIE Shuttle 0

Obsidian Squadron Pilot — TIE Fighter 13
Ship Total: 13

Systems Officer plays into Vessery very well, then he plays into Omega Aces's need to have the target not have tokens. I'd imagine someone would spend tokens to avoid being TB'd and reduced agility then be shot at with Vessery's 3 red dice.

Omega Ace + Support Shuttle looks like a ton of fun, but I'd drop Opportunist. A savvy opponent will definitely be focusing or evading to keep it from triggering - and they can't spend those tokens versus OL, so they'll still have them when it's Ace's turn to shoot. In it's place you can put Autothrusters on Kir Kanos, and either Juke, Outmaneuver or Crack Shot on Omega Ace - they all serve the same basic role as Opportunist, ensuring the crits get through. Love to see rarely used pilots in a list, so hat's off to you.

Yeah I noticed the anti synergy when I was making the list, and the only work around I could find was trying to setup blockers. Think I'll give it a shot with juke or crackshot next time to make the damage more consistent. I personally just like using opportunist because having a 4 dice tie fighter is so satisfying, and who doesn't love rolling 4 crits!

Yeah if you can get Opportunist to trigger reliably, it seems like a ton of fun. Blockers like you said, or maybe Carnor Jax. Give it a shot!

ya know, I could probably get a fun list with omega ace, carnor jax, and the tie shuttle.

Omega Ace" — TIE/fo Fighter 20

Opportunist 4

Comm Relay 3

Systems Officer 2

Fleet Officer 3

Twin Ion Engine Mk. II 1

TIE Shuttle 0

Carnor Jax — TIE Interceptor 26

Push the Limit 3

Autothrusters 2

Stealth Device 3

Royal Guard TIE 0

Ship Total: 34

Epsilon Squadron Pilot — TIE/fo Fighter 15

Ship Total: 15

How does something like this look? Including carnor leaves a kinda awkward hole in the list, I could see a high ps tie fighter fitting here as well but idk. Also if you want carnor to be a super ******* but overly reliant on the bomber you could drop him to juke