Sign in to follow this  
WickedGrey

Please make Deadeye small ship only

I think that's the cleanest way to bring Jumpmasters' ability to field ordnance in line with the other platforms. Without the synergy between spending focus to fire and the options provided by the salvaged astromech slot, the overall punch of the triple JM5K lists will be pulled back, and the targeting options for first-round fire will be limited to low-PS ships. This will give lists a greater chance to PS kill a scout before it fires, which means that we might see a return of more lists that aren't currently able to compete since they cannot land 9 damage against 2 greens at PS 4 or greater on the first round of combat.

Yes, I know that it's currently possible to beat JM15K lists, but I think that they're pushing out too many options from the meta. Never thought I would say it, but I kinda miss rebel regen. And TLT Ys.

Deadeye on Large ships isn't the problem.  It's Deadeye very specifically on multiple Large ships named JumpMaster that is the problem.

Accordingly, the "cleanest" way to fix the problem isn't to make Deadeye Small-ship only ... it's to prohibit JM5Ks, and only JM5Ks, from taking Deadeye.

But, as we see from Dengaroo, it's entirely possible to make JM5Ks absurdly good without even touching that Deadeye collection we all have somehow, until now, refrained from using despite its clear OP nature on Large ships.

That would at least point to the possibility that the JM5K, as a whole, is actually the problem.

In turn, that would point to the "clean" solution being one that addresses the actual problem: JM5Ks are undercosted by 2 points across the board.

Make Deadeye unique. Then you can't run it on multiple Jumpmasters.

Heck if all EPTs were unique, would that break the game? It would break Crack Swarms, but I don't think it would destroy the game.

This may seem weird, but I'd be annoyed by making Deadeye unique (it's not freakin' broken) ... but I'd be just fine with making all EPTs unique.

Deadeye on Large ships isn't the problem.  It's Deadeye very specifically on multiple Large ships named JumpMaster that is the problem.

Accordingly, the "cleanest" way to fix the problem isn't to make Deadeye Small-ship only ... it's to prohibit JM5Ks, and only JM5Ks, from taking Deadeye.

But, as we see from Dengaroo, it's entirely possible to make JM5Ks absurdly good without even touching that Deadeye collection we all have somehow, until now, refrained from using despite its clear OP nature on Large ships.

That would at least point to the possibility that the JM5K, as a whole, is actually the problem.

In turn, that would point to the "clean" solution being one that addresses the actual problem: JM5Ks are undercosted by 2 points across the board.

It must be a sad day when there is absolutely nothing here to argue with when it come to Deadeye.

How old is deadeye?  First released with the A-Wing which was what, wave 2?  That was how many years ago because it certainly seems like forever?  So for SIX WAVES, plus a bunch of misc releases, Deadeye has been so "broken" that no one realized it and thus never playd it.  Now it has finally found a home and the cries are that SOMETHING MUST BE DONE ABOUT IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!!  Deadeye isn't the problem here.

Heck if all EPTs were unique, would that break the game? It would break Crack Swarms, but I don't think it would destroy the game.

Maybe they should just recall every Jumpmaster made.  Will that break the game outside of that one ship class?  It would certainly solve the whining about the Jumpmaster.

I see no reason why EPTs would need to be unique.  If they were "unique" that is when you see them as pilot abilities of unique pilots.

There's a lot of spare point floating around in Dengaroo. Having the ships cost 2 more points each wouldn't really change the effectiveness of that list would it? 

I think we've got a situation like did with the Phantom or Fat Han the various Jumpmaster builds. You have individual things about the ships or builds that are cool but not really overpowered unless you get them in the right combination.

An intriguing proposition...

I actually had the exact same thought the other day. Would really shake up the meta. Besides hurting uboats and crack swarms, would also effect multiple ace lists as many take ptl or vi.

I actually had the exact same thought the other day. Would really shake up the meta. Besides hurting uboats and crack swarms, would also effect multiple ace lists as many take ptl or vi.
Swarms are finally back in the meta. Hurting them is a terrible idea. Palp Aces also has so many choices these days it would do little to hurt them. On the other hand, it would really screwed over generics with an Elite upgrade.

And frankly, if we're going to start banning things, we're going to have to hit the Inquisitor and Palpatine too.

Edited by Squark

Swarms are finally back in the meta. Hurting them is a terrible idea. Palp Aces also has so many choices these days it would do little to hurt them. On the other hand, it would really screwed over generics with an Elite upgrade.

And frankly, if we're going to start banning things, we're going to have to hit the Inquisitor and Palpatine too.

Soontir with PTL

Whisper with VI

Omega Leader with Juke

Now compare the fallout compared to black squadron pilots and green squadron a-wing swarms.

I was actually having this conversation the other day, the combination of upgrades, and the dial that makes makes Zuckuss's drawback irrelevant is just too good. People point out that the generic YT 2400 doesn't get played at its cost (so the insinuation is the Jumpmaster wouldn't either) but it has nowhere near the combo of upgrades or anything remotely as good as the dial. Sure, it's a lopsided dial but it's a difference between good and fantastic. Edited by AlexW

Deadeye isn't the problem here.

Could we please assume that some people may not consider Deadeye as "the problem" (if there is one at all), but simply they consider altering it is the most efficient, least intrusive, solution to "the problem" (if there is one at all).

It's been said (more than once) that it wasn't overly used pre-trip-5k, so the net weight of disgruntled players might be lower if it was nerfed as opposed to other suggestions.

It's one tiny dot to add to an upgrade... rather than another alternatives of making CS unique or removing its' EPT and then having to alter the pts, or otherwise increasing the pts of the generic (which would necessitate respective increases in named pilots?), or any other of the multitude of proposals.

To my mind, the theme of the card (drawing heavily on the artwork as an indication) implies a very rare talent of being able to aim an otherwise electronically guided weapon system purely through the application of exceptional concentration/"mystical power" (circle chosen option) - this should be a rare (read 'unique') talent - hence why I would not object to that change to the card.

Now... would it simply re-route the trip-5k list builders to a combination of upgrades that still maintains a spectre of "a problem" - hence making any change to Deadeye a waste of time...?

- - -

Then there's the ubiquitous counter-argument of "but Palp-Aces is a bigger problem"...

...in my opinion, this game is about Aces (how many WWI pilots can you name after Baron Von Richthofen; and the most renown air battle of WWII - B.o.B. - was a triumph of "fighters" over wave-upon-wave of mixed-aircraft attack). I'd hope this game retains that aspect of its nature.

However, perhaps Palpy also need a nerf (rather than just giving every faction an equivalent option) - it does seem extreme micro-management that he's so prevalent in the skirmishes playing out across the galaxy.

- - -

Attani Mindlink would suck pretty hard if it was unique.

HAHAHA!! - true, true - every rule needs its exceptions.
Edited by ABXY

I don't get it why people still cry about the Scouts. The Agro nerf was all that was needed to fix them for the general public that only knows how to fly jousters.

I never had problems dealing with them even before the nerf.

A great way to deal with them is this:

Cm-Ygg1VUAAId2K.jpg

Happened at a local store tournament last weekend.

The Scouts lost 2 matches, when people forced them to fly through rocks and engaged them at range 1.

Not to mention Biggs is probably their Nemesis... ;)

Edited by tsondaboy

When piloted properly though.,. its a different thing.

But can all the whiners go do something else? Enough nerf requests to Deadeye because of JM5Ks, how about you learn to deal with it on the table instead of wanting the 'fix' to be your only way out?

Geeze. Play the **** game, stop complaining.

Edited by Kalandros

When piloted properly though.,. its a different thing.

Which goes both ways, flying  them and against them.

We are not gonna start nerfing everything that you need to "pilot well" in order to win, are we?

Edited by tsondaboy

The way I see it the reason no one realized how good deadeye is because this is the first generic ship that can be outfitted with multiple munitions while still costing less than 50 points. After Nera, the scouts are only the second ship to really benefit from deadeye not being single use

Attani Mindlink would suck pretty hard if it was unique.

New, new idea: all EPTs unique except single use ones.

I think I like this idea too. I like Empire ships, dont play Palp Aces though. I know Heretic right... But a lot of Empire players just hurr durr PTL or VI. I would like to see maybe a bit more variety.