Sign in to follow this  
Zeodra

Is this the new most competitive rebel build?

My build is Ten Numb with Advanced Sensors, Mangler Cannon, VI. Wedge with R2-D2, Draw Their Fire, Integrated. Biggs with R4-D6 and Integrated at 99 points. I have had a lot off success flying the list with in range one of each other with Ten Numb barrel rolling to arc dodge and still be with in range one of Biggs. Wedge takes any cries Biggs gets and regenerates. Biggs stays a live for a long time. What builds would this list struggle against? What would you do different?

In answer to the title: no, it isn't. You have three three dice attacks per turn, with no special modifiers other than wedge's ability to increase damage output (Ten Numb guarantees damage, not increases it under normal circumstances). Barrel rolling to arc dodge while staying at range 1 of another ship is kind of pointless: if you barrel roll, you don't need Biggs. I can see this list struggling against swarms, Palp Aces and JM5Ks especially. Any list with a decent amount of health to it will be a challenge, like 4 B-wings.

If Biggs survives after the first round your opponent has probably already lost. Most - if not all - tournament lists can push through 6 damage on a 2 agility ship per round. Wedeg isn't worth his points. Your Ten Numb build is perfectly fine, but I would run Fire Control System rather than Advanced Sensors for increased damage output.

Assuming Ten Numb is the keynote of the list, her'es what I would fly with it:

Ten Numb(31)

Mangle cannon (4)

Fire Control System (2)

Veteran Instincts (1)

Corran Horn (35)

R2D2 (4)

Advanced Sensors (3)

Push The Limit (3)

Engine Upgrade (4)

Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)

Total: 99 points.

Ten has FCS to improve damage against high health ships. Corran horn is the rebellion's best endgame ship (in my opinion, but may tie with Poe). The bandit is there as filler and for blocking. You'd have to watch out for hyper-accurate lists, but it does great against aces and swarms.

I've had some luck with this. I like the draw there fire combo then regen combo also. I feel Wes is better right now then Wedge. At least in my meta. He can strip the focus off of scouts or target lock off OL and Inquisitor. Could replace Poe with a B wing if you wish. I just find they have a hard time staying range one of Biggs. Probably I just need to fly better. Opportunist is great until Wes dies then it's almost useless.

(100)

Wes Janson (34) - X-Wing

Draw Their Fire (1), R2-D2 (4), Integrated Astromech (0)

Biggs Darklighter (26) - X-Wing

R4-D6 (1), Integrated Astromech (0)

Poe Dameron (40) - T-70 X-Wing

Opportunist (4), R5-P9 (3), Autothrusters (2)

Currently, I think Wes and Poe are the best options for late game kills on the Countess and the rest of the defenders. However, in response to last post, Opportunist is a waste of 4 points, even with Wes around. Just use Predator and get close to the same effect for 1 point less. Also, stress bot is incredible against defenders right now. They have to arc dodge or they take two stress and then get no actions. I really like the following list:

Poe:

Predator, R5-P9, Autothrusters

Wes:

Vet Instincts, R2-D2, Integrated Astro

Gold Squad Pilot:

TLT, R3-A2, Y-wing Titles Card

Eh x7s are perhaps the ship that gives the least of a crap about stress short of dengar with manny

Sure losing mods sucks, but once youve whited ked behind StressY it just can't get to you

Wes, I feel, is a very decent answer and Biggs therefore the more effective 26 points to keep the fragile X safe

Edited by ficklegreendice

I have seen a very small amount of wins with two xwing builds. Not having boost makes it overly difficult to dodge arcs and get into range 1 for attacks. If you set up the obstacles correctly and fly the y-wing at range 3, the opponent is forced to attack Poe and Wes or risk losing ships early. They y-wing is also very durable and seldom falls in one or even two passes from defenders.