Sign in to follow this  
Velvetelvis

Brobots....i miss you.

WTF!!! One look at listjuggler! And the winner list of the latest regional championship was a brobot-list!!

http://lists.starwarsclubhouse.com/get_tourney_details?tourney_id=1859

Do your homework!!

That's me. :) Also picked up 3 SC titles in 4 tries with them. Granted it was only around 30-40 players per tournament.

take fcs-hlk-bros and die to uboats PERIOD

take advS+mangler bros and die to palpaces PERIOD

they just were not and are not the top of the pie list.

fun to play, looking great, but not top-notch effective.

They are fine here in The BOSS' Battle Parlor freedom zone! Even got re-purposed and refitted Death Scarabs to cover their flanks and suches... 

DAT GADDAM SCUM GLORY!  :lol:

SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG          SCUM%2BIG-2000.png            SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG   

SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG

SCUM%2BIG-2000.png     

SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG

(THE JOY OF FREEDOM!!!)>

Edited by Joe Boss Red Seven

SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG   

Aww, that little baby IG-88 isn't a real ship, is it? It's so cute. :(

Which is exactly why it came to me to use them as old junkers fixed up and remote controlled by our IG Brahs. I figured they can share skills so they can dam-sure control some vicious-as-little drones too!

:D

Da-Space Roaches!!!

:lol:

SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG

SCUM%2BSCARAB%2BIGDS.PNG

https://youtu.be/ouvoZU7pC-Y?list=PLDyPKEWpAGxrqmeVXmOXtxX4abNS6kpiD&t=1197

IG-88s are heavy-hitting arc-hunting ships that have to be flown carefully in order to outfly the high-PS arc-dodgers in the game.

Uboats are heavy-hitting arc-hunting ships that have to be flown carefully in order to outfly the high-PS arc-dodgers in the game. And you get three of them.

It's not that they're bad, it's that the Scum players who had the most practice with them promptly switched over to U-boats who (for all the dial weirdness) are actually some of their closest cousins in the competitive leagues.

Will they come back? Oh, quite possibly.

Dual IGs always had a steep learning curve to begin with.  Standing at PS 6, you need to have a plan for asteroids, early manoeuvers, how to block aces, etc.

When they were first released, IGs were very popular in part because of their survivability (thanks to autothrusters, agility and high hull/shields) and IG-88B's abilit to pierce the all of tokens of Imperial aces.  Pilots like Soontir without targeting computers could have a hard time, in part because their movements were predictable and because their damage output was often not enough.  The Emperor changed the matchup from one that favored IGs to a tough fight every time, allowing aces to survive in moments where they would have been shot down.

At that stage, I would have called the matchup "balanced", but Omega Leader and the Inquisitor changed that.  The Inquisitor because he deals out far more reliable damage than Soontir while disabling autothrusters and Omega Leader because of his ability to affect both offense and defense.  Add the fact that both can still arc dodge very efficiently and now the matchup favors these two.  They are also, very, very popular of late.

Personally, after a year of playing them, I have retired my IGs until after something popular reliably dislodges the Inquisitor and Omega Leader.  It's not impossible to win with IGs as a few tournaments have shown (you can even win with Scyks of all things), but with Imperial aces at an all time high, it is simply too likely to be stuck in a very bad matchup.