Sign in to follow this  
JimbonX

FFG stop making rebells expensive

"I want my raw dice efficient ships to be so efficient you can't beat them with skill or luck"

Not a great idea.

indeed, horrible idea

that's for Defenders :P!

sarcasm font

Except that now they have action economy worthy of an ace, soooo they're not raw dice now.

Hope there'll be just as many "BAWW NERF TEH DEFENDERS" threads as there are "BAWW NERF THE ONLY WORKING ORDNANCE" threads.

And maybe then, one day, we'll see Scyks being the spotlight of "Baaa, nerf, baaa! SCYKS BROKEN! BAAA!" That'd be the glory day.

I don't know about cost, but I agree the prevalence of 1 agility ships with poor maneuvering options is the most annoying aspect of playing rebels (I cried when I saw the ARC-170 didn't have 2 agility). I think that Vectored Thrusters will make a huge difference for the rebels in this regard. But it got me thinking, when will we see a 1 or 2 point small ship modification that adds the evade action to your action bar? The imperials got their TL mod in wave 2, along with hull and shield upgrades that help them significantly more than the rebels. I find it odd that it has taken this long to disperse out the other base actions. While we're at it a few more rebel specific mods that can give out evades would help too. Maybe a generic astromech that gives you one after you do a green, or a unique that gives you one after focusing or something.

to an extent i'd have to agree. They have some good stuff but they have the most overpriced ships of all 3 factions. Or ships that simply cant do anything but raw dice.

They also love the random torpedo slot. ENOUGH WITH THE RANDOM TORPEDO SLOT! nobody every f'ing uses it. Missiles sometimes get used because ion missiles or prockets are cheap and easy to pull off without ordnance shenanigans. Torpedos are not.

And the 1agi small ship thing is getting old.

If that Action Torpedo is something like "Seeker Torpedo" and has the target roll some number of red dice and take any hits or crits rolled then I have a feeling that the Rebels will be loving those torpedo tubes that are almost standard issue.

How about a 2-point torpedo, 3 attack, you may fire this torpedo at ps12.

That'd be a way go reinvigorate rebel low PS builds.

because game has no love for jousters at the moment..

Defenders, Contracted Scouts and TIE swarms say hi. Fang fighters are waving from just over the horizon.

Like, literally two out of the three meta-dominant archetypes are jousting lists.

because game has no love for jousters at the moment..

Defenders, Contracted Scouts and TIE swarms say hi. Fang fighters are waving from just over the horizon.

Like, literally two out of the three meta-dominant archetypes are jousting lists.

First one is still considered "not hawt enough"

the second boasts a beastly PWT dial and is PWT, even able to be a ion-blocker.

Third one is a benchmark of power-level for FFG.

The other jousters?

X? nope. B? nope. Z? ion blockers. Not jousters. BTL-Y? Stresshog at best, and it's no joust, it's stress-control.

E? nope any more. Phantoms? maaaaaaaaybe. Starviper? Joking? Scyk? Lol.

Bombers? Nope. Punishers? nope. Advanced? NOPE. 

I don't know about cost, but I agree the prevalence of 1 agility ships with poor maneuvering options is the most annoying aspect of playing rebels (I cried when I saw the ARC-170 didn't have 2 agility). I think that Vectored Thrusters will make a huge difference for the rebels in this regard. But it got me thinking, when will we see a 1 or 2 point small ship modification that adds the evade action to your action bar? The imperials got their TL mod in wave 2, along with hull and shield upgrades that help them significantly more than the rebels. I find it odd that it has taken this long to disperse out the other base actions. While we're at it a few more rebel specific mods that can give out evades would help too. Maybe a generic astromech that gives you one after you do a green, or a unique that gives you one after focusing or something.

Any upgrade that gives the evade action would be 3-4 points, defensive upgrades always cost much more.

Any upgrade that gives the evade action would be 3-4 points, defensive upgrades always cost much more.

But it's not a defensive upgrade that would benifit any ships that are already really defensive (it doesn't threaten to over power them like stealth device) all it dose is help out the ships wth really poor defense at the expense of their mod slot. I think 2 points for a small ship only would not be too bad. They still have to actually use the action in the game which is another cost.

Another Rebel only defensive upgrade we could use would be an Obi-Wan crew for 4 points: when an enemy ship declares a friendly ship at range 1-3 as the target of an attack, you may discard this card to cancel the attack. The enemy ship may declare another target if possible.

This would be thematic for Old Ben (sacrificing himself so others can escape) and would be powerful when used correctly but also a challenge to do so. Ideally you want to use it when your enemy only has the one option, but they can mitigate it by flying smart and always keeping multiple options in arc.

Rebels didn't have a problem in their defensive profile until TLTs came out

Problem is that they made it a problem for everyone else after phantom removed swarms (remember fat Han)

But now, there exist enough dice and mov fixes to plow through that ****.hows a rebel to compensate?

Quite simply,

1.) Introduce more sources of guaranteed damage

Favors high health over lots of green dice mods

2.) Defensive upgrades that work AGAINST the opponent than on your puny agi

R7 is the only example so far (r4_d6 is indirectly) and we could use more. Spending focus when defending to remove the attackers focus (before mods) would already be HUGE

Astros are a great place to put said upgrade as you avoid risk of stacking with regeneration