Sign in to follow this  
DailyRich

Organized Play Update

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/7/12/2016-july-rules-update/

This one makes me think all those nice fan-made maneuver dial reference guides are no longer legal:

Players cannot take notes or reference outside material or information during a tournament round. However, players may reference official rule documents or game components that do not contain hidden information at any time or ask a judge for clarification from official rule documents. Official rule documents include all rules documents available on the X-Wing page of our website, those found in an X-Wing product, or any portion thereof.

And they seem to have addressed the intentional draw issue with a "Mutual Destruction" option which leads to a "Final Salvo":

Final Salvo

If both players have the same score at the end of a game, they must fire a Final Salvo to determine the winner. To fire a Final Salvo, each player adds together the printed, unmodified primary weapon value of his or her remaining, undestroyed ships and rolls attack dice equal to that number. The player who rolls the highest total number of combined hits and critical hits wins the game. If both players roll an equal number hits and critical hits, they roll again until a winner is determined. If a game ends in mutual destruction, each player adds together the printed, unmodified primary weapon value of all ships in his or her squad.

Edited by DailyRich

Each x wing product includes a dial reference guide, so just wrap them up into a binder.

A little late for those of us who didn't keep them all because hey, here's this handy sheet that has them all on it someone made up.

I guess it WAS a good thing to keep all my packaging.

Each x wing product includes a dial reference guide, so just wrap them up into a binder.

When I play with my friends (or fiance) who don't really play much, I always give them the little dial reference guide for the ships I'm flying.  I personally have almost every available maneuver of every ship memorized, but obviously not everyone is willing (or even able) to do that.

This is the most Stupid update as of yet.

Determining a match outcome by Rolling dice?

Oh you have 2 ships left with 3 attack die each worth Jack ****

I have 1 ship with 2 dice left...

Now we roll 6 v 2, gg!

I dont fly twoship builds, but this is just Stupid.

you battled hard on,y to lose Because Those Stupid awings have more dice than your yt2400?

Piss off..

Now we roll 6 v 2, gg!

you battled hard on,y to lose Because Those Stupid awings have more dice than your yt2400?

Piss off..

You'd rather have intentional draws?

This is the most Stupid update as of yet.Determining a match outcome by Rolling dice?Oh you have 2 ships left with 3 attack die each worth Jack ****I have 1 ship with 2 dice left...Now we roll 6 v 2, gg!I dont fly twoship builds, but this is just Stupid.you battled hard on,y to lose Because Those Stupid awings have more dice than your yt2400?Piss off..

You'd rather have intentional draws?

Instead of this? Yes. By a countrymile.

I think this is a great solution. No more modified wins/losses making tournaments WAY more simple to manage and understand for new players. "Final Salvo" will hardly ever happen because you have to end the game with the SAME score or by mutual destruction which both are extremely rare occurrences.

Edited by spartan1128

With dengaroo you can mutually destroy each other alot easier than normal. If I play a tie swarm or crack swarm and we blow each other up which is not crazy hard to imagine with his ability and the pain Droid the game is then decided by me rolling 4 dice against his 10-16??

With dengaroo you can mutually destroy each other alot easier than normal. If I play a tie swarm or crack swarm and we blow each other up which is not crazy hard to imagine with his ability and the pain Droid the game is then decided by me rolling 4 dice against his 10-16??

Then adapt your strategy knowing that mutual destruction is bad for you. It's not a surprise, it's a factor that should adjust how you fly.

Now we roll 6 v 2, gg!

Piss off..

Are you saying that you have 1 ship with 2 attack dice left that costs exactly the same as 2 ships with 3 attack dice on the opposing side, after playing for 75 min? Final salvo will only happen in a "draw" situation, mutual destruction or exactly equal score values after time has been called. This has actually never happened to me in a tournament situation, but if it did it would seem that the match was so equal that it came down to a dice roll anyway, so one more would not matter.

I think it is an ingenious solution to the problem, it makes a mockery of intentional draws (good) and will nearly never come up in a normally played game.

Edited by Jhiriit

How often has this happened to you or have you observed it?  I'm not arguing that it can't happen, but I am curious as to how frequently.

Over the course of the past 3 years, I have witnessed 2 accidental draws (same amount of points destroyed by accident when time is called).  So that means 2 incidents where a final salvo would be used over that time period.

On the other hand, I have witnessed 8 players with 4 wins taking intentional draws for the last round in the regionals for a top 16.

Now we roll 6 v 2, gg!

Piss off..

This only happens if it is a draw. Before that it was giving a 1 point only, which in a tournament was about the same than a lose. So no big deal here.

It will be rare I suppose but it will happen.  It just happened to me in a tournament Sat.  I had RAC/Whipser against Dengaroo.  It came down to Whisper v. Dengar and we destroyed each other at the end.  We were both at 99pts so a natural tie.  It was an epic match that I greatly enjoyed. 

In any event, I don't mind the Final Salvo, it gets rid of draws and modified wins are gone as well.  Great change in my opinion.

Clarification needed here in regards to "unmodified primary attack values".  

This means Jumpmaster with Punishing One title is only 2 correct?  I get that some things such as Jan Ors/Opportunist are obvious modifiers but Punishing One title is a bit more ambiguous (atleast in my opinion).

Serious question what is the problem with ID'S?

. Not having to play your games to get into the cut. Its entirely possible (frwquently likely) that ther person who loses that game if you dont ID would be bumped from the cut by someone who ends up with an identical record after that game But better mov. IDs take away that persons chance of making it without even playing