Sign in to follow this  
Exile Rogue

Best meta in X-wing history?

I think the meta is overwhelmed right now, and this is causing a great diversity of lists.  Still not sure I'm happy about the new FAQ, as it seems to add more complexity to the game.  Haven't passed judgement yet and need to play many more games under the new rules.  X-wing remains a great game with lots of fun ways to play it. 

Seems pretty varied round my way. Party bus of some variety still seems to be the favoured Scum option rather than spamming U-boats. Imps seem to favour swarms and Phantoms. Rebels I have seen a mix from Regen to B-wing cannon-spam.

I haven't run a duplicate list for a while and I don't seem to have faced the same list twice either. Seems like good times. :)

Wave3 pre-Corvette into C3PO.  (Han shoots first is a big annoying boogey man.)

Wave7 ... even with TLT.  Still highest diversity in the game.  

Currently, wave8 post-nerf is not that great.  Still a lot of scouts and palp aces and then some smattering of large ship ****.  Ghosts, Dash, etc.  Oh dengaroo ****.   and occasionally decimators.  And IGs.  Huh.  All large ships.  

Edited by Blail Blerg

Wave 7 post worlds was spectacular. I don't think it's as diverse as it was at that point, but I also don't think it's bad right now. Still too much Palpatine and Jumpmasters for my taste though.

it cant be the best meta before the /sf hits. quickdraw is gonna change the game

Quickdraw is going to be insane with Baffle. Do a one red turn, lose a shield with baffle and shoot in the movement phase before a Soontir can take actions. Crazy!

it cant be the best meta before the /sf hits. quickdraw is gonna change the game

Quickdraw is going to be insane with Baffle. Do a one red turn, lose a shield with baffle and shoot in the movement phase before a Soontir can take actions. Crazy!

red turn?

no mods?

why?

Rage.

full mods

works on white and green manuevers

only place you'd use rage anyway :P

red turn?

no mods?

why?

Rage.

full mods

works on white and green manuevers

only place you'd use rage anyway :P

TaQU430.png

This one is good. Our local tournaments are <20 players and we all fly dumb stuff like Navigator Auto-Dash (I swear I roll blank, crit, focus every time) or Laetin A'shera, Talonbane a Z95 miniswarm.

Even people who were flying Palp Aces since the old fart came out got bored of them by now.

I am definitely guilty of annoying people with U-Boats but the most I have ever flown were two. 

The usual number since they came out here is just one as a good Scum ~33 point filler.

Without the threat of 3 U-Boats being played by everyone and their mother or too many Palp Aces we still see a good amount of small ship rebels (yes, even B-Wings).

Suppose if you live in the NOVA area Wave 8 (even post FAQ) must be the worst of time for X-Wing since it is a highly competitive area.

Edited by Polda

Personally, the days of Biggs walk the dogs were the best. Generics were able to be up there with aces in those days, which was always nice to see.

My local meta is either a lot of Palpaces, BountyBus or Flying Dutchman (Dutch/Ghost). Mind you, IV has *just* come onto the scene, and I haven't had a chance to run down and see whats happening with it.