Sign in to follow this  
baterax

Some plot questions!

Hey!

Ok so I'm writing my campaign and I need to know a few things to help me put events in their right places.

- In our timeline (around "Rebels" right?), where is the Death Star being built and at what stage is the construction? Still above Geonosis or has it already been moved?
- There's no Endor yet, right? So no Ewoks anywhere.

- Does the Rebellion already have a base on Yavin? If not, how populated is it?
- Is Mon Mothma already leading the rebellion? If not, who is?

- Leia shows up, and from that episode we know the Rebellion is already up and running. Right?

- What asteroid fields are there, besides the one near Geonosis, and the one in the Anoat system? I found a list of these but only in the LEGENDS version of wookieepedia. The canon section only lists which movies/shows they appear in, which is not very helpful.

Until they reveal enough information regarding the Rogue One movie you're limited to whatever was revealed in the Tarkin novel or the Legends version of canon.

It would make more sense for it to remain in orbit of Geonosis, but given the trailer and that new world it reveals who knows but is canon that important to you?

Did they mention the Yavin base in Strongholds of Resistance?

Edited by copperbell

I don't know about the Death Star, but as far as Rebel bases, you also have the option of Dantooine, as it's mentioned in A New Hope. Though by the events of A New Hope, it had been abandoned for a while, so it's up to you.

The position in the timeline is up to you.

The books are written to be based around the time of the original trilogy but there's no reason you can set it in the 'rebels' timeline.

I would say if the Death Star is under construction then Geonosis is probably the best location for it.

Endor is still there; however there is unlikely to be an Imperial base there yet.

Depending on how many years it's set before the battle of Yavin will depend on the existence of the base, although it is worth remembering that the rebellion are unlikely to stay in one place for too long.

Perhaps it will be a good mission for the players to scout out Yavin so the rebellion can set up the base.

Whilst Mothma helped to plant the seeds of the rebellion she didn't really become that much of its 'leader' until after the destruction of Alderaan and the Death of Organa (Rogue One may change this), she still could be used however.

Commander Sato leader of Phoenix Cell makes a good choice if you're sticking close to cannon

The rebellion isn't a singular entity at this point it's in formation and gathering together like minded groups (as with the crew of the Ghost) and getting allies.

You won't find a b he amount of non-EU or Legends information about other asteroid fields simply because if they've not been in a established Cannon they won't get a mention, it's the kind of feature that's best to establish yourself.

Ok this is already helpful. Let's see.

I have 6 players so far, they're from Coruscant, Mirial, Tatooine, Ryloth, Corellia and Geonosis.

The one from Mirial was learning about the Force in a temple, and it got attacked by an Inquisitor, she was the only one to escape the encounter, on a droid-flown ship with a pre-set route to Yavin. She doesn't know this, but that was part of the initial plan to set up a Rebel base there. She doesn't even know her master was with the Rebellion. She's been living in the woods since. The ship and the droid got damaged during the landing and she can't fix it herself.

The one from Coruscant is a little kid, he got separated from his parents and joined an orphanage but he eventually escaped, the other kids were afraid of his "powers", so now he's by himself.

The one from Corellia is a rebel pilot, a smuggler with the rebellion. He doesn't know this yet but he's the kid's big brother. The kid knows he has a brother, carries his picture around. This guy also doesn't know where their parents are.

Dude from Tatooine is a Rodian, his parents were slavers and not very nice people, so he ran away and joined the pod racing circuit.
Then the Ryloth guy, not sure about him yet
Geonosis dude escaped from forced mining labor for the Death Star project.

Hey!

Ok so I'm writing my campaign and I need to know a few things to help me put events in their right places.

- In our timeline (around "Rebels" right?), where is the Death Star being built and at what stage is the construction? Still above Geonosis or has it already been moved?

- There's no Endor yet, right? So no Ewoks anywhere.

- Does the Rebellion already have a base on Yavin? If not, how populated is it?

- Is Mon Mothma already leading the rebellion? If not, who is?

- Leia shows up, and from that episode we know the Rebellion is already up and running. Right?

- What asteroid fields are there, besides the one near Geonosis, and the one in the Anoat system? I found a list of these but only in the LEGENDS version of wookieepedia. The canon section only lists which movies/shows they appear in, which is not very helpful.

I'm also running a campaign in the Rebels timeline, from what I know if this is 14 years after ROS then the Death Star should be over Geonosis. I don't remember exactly but the Ghost has set up a base as of the end of season 2 what planet I don't remember but it's not Yavin. Alderaan has always kinda been against the Empire the only Royal house that supports the empire are the Thul's. Asteroid fields can be in any system just use them when you see fit to use them.

Baterax when my party finally meets the rebels I will definitely have one of the the quest be looking for a new location for the base. If you want to base anything off of Rouge One you'll have to wait till the movie comes out. However Rouge One takes place much closer to ANH than rebels does, it is after all how the rebels stole the plans. You may want to pick a place in season one or two of Rebels and make that the starting point as too know what's going on with the rebellion.

Well I don't know if I can do all of the rebels crew justice but they will meet Commander Sato and Ashoka definitely as they are good quest givers, for the crew of the ghost maybe Kanan can give my aspiring Jedi a few tips. Ashoka however will be more elusive than the Commander.