Sign in to follow this  
obsidian3d

Favorite faction?

Hey all,

It's been about 4 months since I started up our small Adventure League in my area, and have noticed that a lot of our players ended up using Hastur in their decks, myself included.  I find that they just have the best utility in their cards when compared with the others.  So, what is your favorite faction since the switch to the LCG format?  I'd like to hear other people's thoughts on the subject.

If you really want to go nuts, maybe even some suggestions for buidling a deck around your favorite faction.  That could be pretty interesting with our limited LCG card pool.

From the very Old Times I always tried to play Hastur, most times alone. Really fun, but easy to stop with Willpower.

But now, in the LCG, has become a powerful faction, maybe the second after Agency.

The pool could be variated and have some ways to win, and associated with Agency becomes the most powerful deck due to its rush game and control.

mono hastur use to be a joke in ccg but now very good decks can be made. that said shub is my favorite faction but since i played it to death in ccg ( i did play every faction though) right now im liking hastur alot though. always liked control-ish decks and now i think its more possible than ever since mono hastur works.

i used to run ccg hastur/cthulhu, not very succesfull i may add, i tried the same in lcg, but i think they are still not that strong, they are easily beaten and controlled, now i use shub/yog, but i have ran a misk/agency out of spare cards and it really done well, as for my favs, well cthulhu would be just well you know the big guy and all, but deck wise its my shub/yog

Well my favorite (in terms of flavour) would probably be Hastur.

But the faction I use in play most often is the Syndicate because it's simply the best secondary faction, imho.

I love Miskatonic. They may seem weak due to no terror icons, very few combat icons and they dont have wounding mechanices much. But what they lack in all that, they make up for in speed. They have the potential to finish stories ASAP. Plus, an awesome load of control and card draw to make sure they get what they need and when they need it. ^_^ The cards from the Horror beneath the surface AP helps a lot plus the MU cards for the Dreamlands AP set. ^_^

Hastur, definitely. I've always loved Hastur, it's a lot of fun to play with. My favourite combination is Hastur with Victoria's Loft, it gets nasty quickly. I also like to throw in Scotophobia to get rid of those pesky terror icons, especially in those cursed Shub rushes.

On the note of loving Hastur, I've decided to get the Yellow Sign tattooed on me to show my devotion. :)

So sad nobody mentions Cthulhu or Yog...

I'm a Shubb player ! This is one of the strongest faction (Y'go, Shock Trans) and had multiple way to handle threats. It's also a nice sidefaction, designed to balance the weakness of Miska or Yog. I definetly love it.

Being also a Synd player, I did lower my interest for this faction as it loosed it's previous exhaustion stuffs...

I haven't played all the factions yet, but so far I'm a shub-niggurath player. I just love searching my deck for stuff.

I'm currently playing a Shub/Yog deck built off a couple APs and the core set. It's just lots of recursion and resource building with Eat the Dead. It's basically just all my yog and shub cards thrown together hah...

Those aren't Yog-Sothoth aligned cards. They're Hastur. I play a combination of Hastur and Yog. Insanity, regaining cards from the discard pile and causing the opponent to discard cards is a pain as most of the people who play against me realize. Hehehe!

I just recently started playing the deck and really like many of the factions. Currently I play Hastur/Cthulu. Hastur and a few of the lower level cards run the show in the beginning, holding off the slightly faster decks until the larger creatures can make the scene. I only have a few of the asylum packs, maybe the other factions will become more appealing once I get more cards.

I am an olde CoC ccg sorcerer who through combining my mortal saltes with strange incantations spoken in broken and blasphemous tongues now  comes back from those days and beyond.  I shall always cross the threshold of non Eclidian doorways using keys made from unknown substances to range wide along the outer spheres, treading through alien worlds that manifest themselves in writhing horror unimaginable to those who only know the limits of mortal sanity, or even insanity.  My mind shall ever be filled with chaotic thumping as I call up those things that most would leave put down.  And the white girls sing:

Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI TRHODOG
UAAAAH

Is it clear that my favorite faction is Yog-Sothoth?

I would have to say Agency and Miskatonic.  The Agency has raw power and enough cards to help you pull a victory out your derriere, and Miskatonic has a lightheartened tone to it.  Plus the cards are cheap and allow you to cheat your way into winning stories.

oldthrashbarg said:

Glasser's Muse said:

On the note of loving Hastur, I've decided to get the Yellow Sign tattooed on me to show my devotion. :)

If this isn't a joke, you're incredibly dedicated to a simple card-/roleplaying game!

Hell, I've drawn that symbol on me numerous times.

I have yet to actually play the game, but having studied the various factions and the big cards for each, I have to think I will want to base my deck around Agency or University, depending on whether I favor violence or shenanigans more.

But I'm going to find a way to incorporate Yog-Sothoth into the deck, no matter what I do.