Sign in to follow this  
Parakitor

Pokemon GO!

OK.....so I still play, but not as much as I used to.  Still, I did get a new phone and it does improve the GPS.  Or maybe a latest patch combined with new phone?  

Anyways, one thing I have noticed....I never get Lures or Incense anymore.  I used to get them a bunch when I was lower level or early into the game.  I'm lvl 18 and I haven't gotten either a lure or incense in weeks.  I hit Pokestops, but I just don't get them.  I get balls, great balls, potions, and razzberries, but little else.  No eggs or incubators or anything cool anymore.

I really want to like this game, but I think with each new update they care less and less about compatibility with older phones. Once I walked all the way across campus, and it didn't record any of it. Like you mentioned, GPS comes and goes with older phones, too.

By the way, my coworker Sage's tracking is fixed, but it looks to me like it's still busted: I'll run into Pokémon that aren't listed on my "sightings" tab.

Edited by Parakitor

Anyways, one thing I have noticed....I never get Lures or Incense anymore.  I used to get them a bunch when I was lower level or early into the game.  I'm lvl 18 and I haven't gotten either a lure or incense in weeks.  I hit Pokestops, but I just don't get them.  I get balls, great balls, potions, and razzberries, but little else.  No eggs or incubators or anything cool anymore.

Lures, Incense, Lucky Eggs, and Incubators have never ever come from spinning pokestops. You only get those for free as level-up rewards at certain levels. You probably thought you were getting them more often before because you were leveling up faster. You'll get some more of those when you hit level 20.

Lures, Incense, Lucky Eggs, and Incubators have never ever come from spinning pokestops. You only get those for free as level-up rewards at certain levels. You probably thought you were getting them more often before because you were leveling up faster. You'll get some more of those when you hit level 20.

Those do come from stops, or did, the drop rate is extremely low though.

No one I know has ever gotten one from Pokestops, despite playing from day 1 of release. No one on /r/thesilphroad has included them in lists of drop rates for pokestops. So "extremely low" would have to be an absurdly small number for you to be right.

Ohhhhhh.......!!!!   Thanks for that.   

I'll be out for my surgery on Tuesday and then bound to the sofa for a very long time.  I don't get any Pokemon while at my house, unlike my brother who can work from home and catch them all day long.  So, I will probably freeze my game play for a bit.  

Tonight, though, I'm going out with my son for Pokemon hunting as our last hurrah before my surgery.  We'll go out to dinner at a little historical town that has 20 or so stops around there.  We'll hit the stops and maybe drop a lure or something.  I've got 1 incense and 1 exp egg and I should use it tonight.  He just got his own phone with data plan and will be able to stop using his mother's phone for the game.  It should be a blast tonight.  

No one I know has ever gotten one from Pokestops, despite playing from day 1 of release. No one on /r/thesilphroad has included them in lists of drop rates for pokestops. So "extremely low" would have to be an absurdly small number for you to be right.

I dunno what to tell you dawg. I've had them drop for me be it bug or delusion.

The egg distance check is on a minute timer. It draws a straight ling from where you were a minute ago and where you are now, and if it's under 175m, it counts. If over, you don't get credit for that segment.

10.5km/h is the magic number not to exceed (just over 6mph).

Because it checks straight line distance from where you were to where you are, if you're going in a small circle you're not getting much distance per check.

The egg distance check is on a minute timer. It draws a straight ling from where you were a minute ago and where you are now, and if it's under 175m, it counts. If over, you don't get credit for that segment.

10.5km/h is the magic number not to exceed (just over 6mph).

Because it checks straight line distance from where you were to where you are, if you're going in a small circle you're not getting much distance per check.

Well that explains a lot. Very helpful! I had always heard that the magic number was 25 mph. I guess unlike the video games, you can't hatch eggs on your bike. Bummer. Also, it explains why walking around the apartment complex playground as my children bike doesn't earn very much distance.

Oh, so it doesn't matter if you put your phone on a record player or something to get the distance?   Darn.  I found an old record player I was going to try it out on.

Had a fun time with my son on Friday.  We went out and captured a gym and hit a bunch of stuff.  Actually, got two gyms.  It was a good time.  I'm now very low on items.  6 more coins to get the bigger backpack.  Not sure when I'll hit it, though.

Going in for ankle surgery tomorrow.  My Pokemon game will slow down.  I don't get any pokemon at my house, but my brother has them pop up every 30-60 minutes.  I might email Pokemon Go support and ask them to send a few my way.  Sound like a kid who had surgery and maybe it would happen?  

Oh, so it doesn't matter if you put your phone on a record player or something to get the distance?   Darn.  I found an old record player I was going to try it out on.

Had a fun time with my son on Friday.  We went out and captured a gym and hit a bunch of stuff.  Actually, got two gyms.  It was a good time.  I'm now very low on items.  6 more coins to get the bigger backpack.  Not sure when I'll hit it, though.

Going in for ankle surgery tomorrow.  My Pokemon game will slow down.  I don't get any pokemon at my house, but my brother has them pop up every 30-60 minutes.  I might email Pokemon Go support and ask them to send a few my way.  Sound like a kid who had surgery and maybe it would happen?  

If you have weak gps signal where your avatar wanders a bit when you're standing still, the record player might stand a chance at slowly accumulating distance...but it might gain the same just sitting on a table. I've read of people trying ceiling fans too. Roombas and tied to dog collars seemed to work slightly better though. And of course I have none of those.

I leave the app on when I'm in slow traffic.

Haha!  I'll have to try the dog collar.  Not sure if my wife would be happy with the new and expensive phone attacked to the dog, though.  

EDIT:  I did just email customer support to politely ask if they could spawn some Pokemon near my house for the next month.  :)   I'll let you know if it works.

Edited by heychadwick