Sign in to follow this  
Parakitor

Pokemon GO!

I caught two evee's with the highest CP I've seen yet in-game this morning. I think they just start higher.

That's because Eevee is the best Pokemon ever!

By the way, have you guys read or heard about the soft cap of level 21? Apparently once you get to level 21, the amount of time to level up becomes enormous. What this means is that once you reach level 21, the Pokemon you meet in the wild stop creeping up to higher CP's. Now I'm tempted to hold off on evolving my strong Pokemon until level 21 so I don't waste my candies. On the other hand, evolving helps you level up so it's a catch 22.

I have not heard that.  I haven't been spending my candy to power up as I've been spending more on evolves.  Mostly.  

A friend did tell me that he heard there was going to be some sort of update where you can battle other people that are nearby with your Pokemon that doesn't require a gym.   I know nothing on the validity on this, but it sounds fun.  

21 is a bit of a soft cap. I'm 23 and it is becoming harder and harder to keep pushing on. You must control gyms to earn gold for lucky eggs and/ or spend money for them to power evolve. Eevees are great because vaporeons are over powered at the moment. But they balance the rng of snorlax and other 10k egg Pokemon that hold gyms really well.

Ok. I'm in. I have no idea why either. My wife was having fun with it, her nightly jog being a lot more interesting. I thought the concept sounded cool so I installed it. Caught up to her level 5 in a single evening.

Of course, having no cell phone and being tethered to wifi with my ipad I caught everything from our couch in a single night. Yeah... :unsure:

She's got a 10k egg she's about 30% run down.

I've got a Roomba, but the GPS doesn't work so nicely right now with the app - I'm assuming something with the wifi tether.

Yep. But I'll have the biggest baddest Golbats simply through volume.

I think Vaporeons are just easy to level up and be powerful.   It's just taking some time to get the Plant critters to match them.  I'm slowly trying to get mine up.  Well, I did get a third Eevee evolved and it's lightning, so that's good.  I should just focus on getting his stats up there to beat all the water types.  

If people start putting their Grass Pokemon to guard gyms, then I'm so set.  I've got a bunch of Pinsors and other bug types that will just chew them up!

Very interesting. Water Pokemon represent! It will be especially interesting to see how various movesets for Pokemon start playing against a metagame. For example, if I expect Slowbro to bring the optimal Water Gun move and bring a Grass/Poison Pokemon, I could be completely caught off guard if he has Confusion instead.

Very interesting. Water Pokemon represent! It will be especially interesting to see how various movesets for Pokemon start playing against a metagame. For example, if I expect Slowbro to bring the optimal Water Gun move and bring a Grass/Poison Pokemon, I could be completely caught off guard if he has Confusion instead.

Water Pokemon everywhere! It's the Hoenn region all over again.

They are all based on the previous game Ingress, which is also by the Google sub-company.  That game grabbed all the statues, post offices, parks, etc, that were known to Google and set up spots.  Players got to get bonus points if they submitted new sites that fit within the criteria (no schools, only public places, something culturally or historically meaningful, etc).  These sites were pretty much ported straight over into Pokemon Go.  The only difference is that in P Go, there are gyms and poke stops (where there was just 'bases" in Ingress).  

If you want an idea of what is around somewhere for P. Go, then look for all the websites that have maps for Ingress.