Sign in to follow this  
Parakitor

Pokemon GO!

I wonder if I'll acquire more poke balls over time or if need to buy them.

It's gotten a little rough. Once I hit level 6, the Pokeballs became few and far between. In the DS/Game Boy games, you have to grind and battle lots of wild Pokemon so your team will be strong enough. In Pokemon GO, it's a physical grind: I walked/biked to the PokeStops in my area for two hours today just to get enough Pokeballs :/

Nevertheless, just when it seems hopeless, I level up again and receive 15 more Pokeballs. I can definitely see the appeal to buying Pokeballs, but I'm going to stay strong, and earn my Pokeballs with sweat! (and time, a lot of time).

Hiked a trail at a metro park and all the benches dedicated to people were pokestops.

No idea what I'm doing when I battle at a gym yet. Frantic tapping for a few seconds and then I'm dead.

Chews through my battery fast!

For sure! I'm hesitant to try it out because the first and only battle I tried, Lickitung stomped us with Hyper Beam, and then the game froze, and all progress was lost. I'd hate to lose my data in another battle, but as soon as I get my Vaporeon, I'm throwing down at all the gyms. Team Mystic for life!

I started doing it this weekend.  Got my wife to do it too.   Neither of us have ever played any pokemon games before, but it's still a really cool implementation and it got us to go walk around the neighborhood!   awesome stuff!   the kids like it too, but I'm not getting them their own cell phones yet!

I'm on vacation for the next week and downloaded it yesterday.  I wish I had done it on Saturday when I was walking all over historic Philadelphia.  I downloaded it for my son as he doesn't have a real phone yet.  I'm staying with my brother in NJ while he is spending the next 2 days going around Ithaca, NY.  He is going to try to install it on my wife's phone, but it will create two different accounts.  I wish he could use his one account on both phones.  Well, he should have fun as a passenger on a 4 hour car ride and then being able to hit things while he's on a college tour of Cornell (for his older sister).   

Later this week, we are headed to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island.  Hope to get some stuff there.  We are then heading into NYC on Saturday, as well.  We aren't planning on ignoring the sites, but it should be cool to do it on the side of cool places like where we are going.  

I'm staying with my brother in NJ while he is spending the next 2 days going around Ithaca, NY.  He is going to try to install it on my wife's phone, but it will create two different accounts.  I wish he could use his one account on both phones.

If you create the original with a google account, you can use the same on both devices?

Hit level 12. The gyms in my area are glitching badly. I defeated them multiple times but didn't push the team out.

You only push a team out if their reputation hits zero. So you can defeat the same team a bunch and not remove them. This game does an awful job explaining things.

Hit level 12. The gyms in my area are glitching badly. I defeated them multiple times but didn't push the team out.

You only push a team out if their reputation hits zero. So you can defeat the same team a bunch and not remove them. This game does an awful job explaining things.

You teach me and I'll teach you.

Pokemon!

My girlfriend and I went on a little road trip today. We caught:

Jigglypuff

Wifflytuff

Charizard

Pidgeotto (failed at getting the Pidgeot from Best Buy)

Psyduck

Poliwag(s)

Taurus

and a Bellsprout as strong as that Charizard.

I don't know which is cooler: the Charizard, or the powerful Bellsprout!

I think my most exciting event recently was hatching a Staryu and Goldeen. I can't wait to catch more water Pokémon! I saw a Horsea this morning, but I was out of Pokéballs.

My husband and I went to the Mall of America for a Sunday afternoon date. There were SO MANY people playing Pokemon Go. It was awesome! Total strangers were high-fiving and telling each other where to find Krabbys or Wigglytuffs. We had a lot of good-natured joking with people from other teams, shaking our fists and mock-scowling at them. There were like 25 Pokestops and most of them had lures set up. We caught at least 150 each and got so many items our bags were full. 

This game is so fun, and it warms my heart to see so many of my geeky people out and about in the world. It also makes me smile to overhear the non-geeks wondering aloud what everyone is so excited about on their phones. 

I'm staying with my brother in NJ while he is spending the next 2 days going around Ithaca, NY.  He is going to try to install it on my wife's phone, but it will create two different accounts.  I wish he could use his one account on both phones.

If you create the original with a google account, you can use the same on both devices?

No.  You have to create a Pokemon Training account on the main Pokemon site.  So....I created the one on my phone with my gmail and then my wife put his Pokemon Trainer account on her iPhone (He had one).  Is there any way to merge the two?  Or else I'll have my phone and he can have his.  Oh, he will want to have a smart phone soon...

EDIT:  I will say that I did it today with my brother.  I got him to do it. I'm half way to lvl 5 and can pick a side and gym.  I did get a Fearow that is CP 169, which is my best.  I've got an Eevee that is 76 CP.  

Do you guys save the Candy for evolving or power ups?

Edited by heychadwick

I'd say a little of both. If you intend to keep it and evolve it, go ahead and level it up close to max before evolving.

I haven't seen anyone say you get better evolved stats if you do that first, but it can't hurt. As you get closer to max, it costs more stardust regardless.

I'd say a little of both. If you intend to keep it and evolve it, go ahead and level it up close to max before evolving.

I haven't seen anyone say you get better evolved stats if you do that first, but it can't hurt. As you get closer to max, it costs more stardust regardless.

I like to save up until I have enough to evolve and power up, because there's always a chance you'll find a stronger Pokemon in your quest for more candies. It happened with my Eevee, and I'm waiting to dump more candies and stardust into the new powerful one until I've caught all the Eevee I'll need.

Which brings up another point: will the wild Eevee get stronger the higher my trainer level gets? Or is it just the new unlocked Pokemon that are strong? I haven' t figured it out yet.

I honestly haven't spent any stardust as I think powering up before you plateau on your own leveling is a bit of a waste. You will catch a higher level Pokemon tomorrow anyway.

Just wish they weren't so hard to come by lol.

Though I did see a gym with a gyrados today. All o could think is where the f did he/she get 400 candies that's 100 magicarps...

Also the gyms, when they glitch, just stay on the last Pokemon who maintains a sliver of health and continues to attack but is immortal.

Edited by Timathius

No concerns about all the data the app collects on you?

At this point they already know everything about you anyway.

Evil Nintendo CEO: "Hey what gives? The data our app collected: We already knew all this stuff! We can't sell this!"

Mark zuckerberg: "Yeah already have this. I'm not paying for it!"

So after manually disabling Pokémon Go's full access to my google account - it simply gave itself full access again the very next time I logged in.    Guess I'm done with pokemon. 

Can't you create a Pokemon account and use that to log in instead? I tried to do that at first, but couldn't remember my password.