Sign in to follow this  
jodudeit

"Quickdraw"

After looking at the combos that are made possible by Electronic Baffle, I have to say that this ship might just be the ultimate counter to aces. The major reason for this is that you get to make an attack during the Maneuver Phase, and, with proper initiative, before the other aces have moved. In this way, "Quickdraw" would actually have been more valuable as a lower PS ship. But, the high PS does offer some flexibility to play the role of ace in its own right.

I'm just trying to imagine a Baffle + Rage "Quickdraw" moving before Soontir, getting a range 1 shot of nearly fully modified dice, before Soontir has even had a chance to get his tokens in place. Pretty deadly, and all at just the cost of 1 stress token and a shield.

Or, "Quickdraw" with Baffle + PTL + EU would make for an expensive ace (we still don't know the dial, but if it has a green turn of any speed, this will work sooooo well) with again, the ability to make snipes at aces before they've even activated.

So, while this ability would have been amazing on a lower PS ship, as it stands, the versatility of being able to activate before the other PS 9s and also do arc dodging (it still has a native barrel roll) against lower PS ships makes "Quickdraw" look pretty good in my book.

Plus, we still don't know what the new Tech Upgrades will be, so there might be even cooler shenanigans down the road!

It's why we really need more info on the SF. QuickDraw could be the ultimate answer to the token hoard that so many Imperial aces rely on.

Or maybe not. He's only got 2 green and having to shed a shield to get his special shot off makes him an X-Wing without IA. I'd bet the farm he's more maneuverable than a T-65. But will he have the dial to stay safe from the aces buddies?

It's why we really need more info on the SF. QuickDraw could be the ultimate answer to the token hoard that so many Imperial aces rely on.

Or maybe not. He's only got 2 green and having to shed a shield to get his special shot off makes him an X-Wing without IA. I'd bet the farm he's more maneuverable than a T-65. But will he have the dial to stay safe from the aces buddies?

Does it matter if his 31 points kill soontir before he fires?

If you really want to go the Electronic Baffle rout, I'd strongly consider Rage instead of PTL. You're basically building Doom Shuttle, but without the guarantee of damage. Saving those extra 2 points would be a good idea.

PTL gives you an option to use more of your action bar, but Rage gives you rerolls on every attack you make in a given round. That's quite useful if you can line things up to shoot Soontir before he moves and someone else during the combat phase.

I also _really_ want to make Rage work.

If you really want to go the Electronic Baffle rout, I'd strongly consider Rage instead of PTL. You're basically building Doom Shuttle, but without the guarantee of damage. Saving those extra 2 points would be a good idea.

PTL gives you an option to use more of your action bar, but Rage gives you rerolls on every attack you make in a given round. That's quite useful if you can line things up to shoot Soontir before he moves and someone else during the combat phase.

I also _really_ want to make Rage work.

TaQU430.png

He actually counters non aces harder.

Dudes got cluster missiles that can fire at range 3 or at range 1 for an 8 dice total. That'll rip a scout APART, to say nothing of basically every other non defender non ace ship in the game

The ultimate ace counter still is, and has always been, guaranteed damage

He actually counters non aces harder.

Dudes got cluster missiles that can fire at range 3 or at range 1 for an 8 dice total. That'll rip a scout APART, to say nothing of basically every other non defender non ace ship in the game

The ultimate ace counter still is, and has always been, guaranteed damage

So:

QuickDraw Rage Baffle

DeciVader + Gunner

Epsilon Ace + comm relay

99 points. Delete Aces with QuickDraw and Vader Crits. Avoid combat until they die and have a PS 12 to finish up?

We need a third one, so we can run Imperial Aces with Quickdraw McGraw, Deathfire McDibbs, and Sillyname McSillyface.

This would be a great addition to my group of name based lists. My favorite so far has to be my "Rap Masters of a Galaxy Far, Far Away" composed of Krassis Trelix, Major Rhymer, and Night Beast, but this would probably give it a run for its money.

Edited by Kdubb

If you're willing to bid away additional modification, you can go the -1 Adaptability route to guarantee shooting before most Major League Aces have even moved yet. 

Quickdraw with -1 Adaptability may just be the super high PS ace buster we really needed. PS9 pilots like Soontir and Vader become dangerous in their own right just because of Quickdraw and the fact that Quickdraw can literally cripple or kill them before the first round of shooting has even begun. PS8 Poe has a choice other than auto-add VI.

It's probably optimistic, but for pilots in the PS8 range, bidding DOWN on PS could be a legitimate tactic if Quickdraw really takes off. PS5-7 pilots are more immune to Quickdraw, and thus would be slightly more viable.

I think the thing I'm most excited for about Quickdraw is what he'll do to the initiative bid. Because it seems like with aces like Soontir or the inquisitor, they're stuck in a lose lose situation no matter who gets it.

Edited by clockworkbass

If he's using adaptability, how is he triggering his pilot ability?  Using a red move with baffles I guess?

Red maneuver or running over a rock are the commonly expressed options. I still hate the idea of self mutilation but getting that free shot at a naked Soontir or Carnor is awfully compelling.