Sign in to follow this  
acidReign

Gencon meta predictions?

Still lots of triple jumps, still lots of palp/aces, but also lots of Defenders.  Still relatively low numbers of high-placing rebel lists.

I'd also expect swarms to do very solidly but not to be all that common because they're a bit more demanding and time intensive.

Clonishers. Clonishers everywhe... oh wait wrong game. 

Some mix of The Inquisitor and Juke/Crackshot/VI Glaives with TIE/x7 could do quite well.

Otherwise - Palp Aces, Dengaroo, Overclocked Jumpmasters. 

Don't see Stresshog making a comeback. 

I could see stress being a little more relevant with Jumps having been bumped down to OCR4, maybe.  Stresshog has to weather a round of shooting without mods, disable them for at least one round, or get pounded harder but cost them stress that might cause them to be disabled for 2 or more rounds.

I could see the Party Bus showing up a bunch as well.

I'd also maybe expect to see more JM10k plus another ship builds.

But Defenders will be disproportionate partly just because straight-up New Hotness, but mostly because New Hotness that people have been able to playtest extensively for months so they know how it works.

Here's my second Nostradamus moment:

We would t care NEARLY as much about who wins as about what cool things are spoiled/released early :D

I very much concur, except that I'm hoping for some juicy spoilers from Star Wars Celebration so there might not be anything left for GenCon...

My prediction is that somehow, some way Paul Heaver makes it into the final using a four ship, PS2 Rebel list and the whole world explodes.

Not only did it make it to the final for the forth time running, but he did it using Rebels, for the forth time running, a faction people have essentially written off.

It will have an X wing, a headhunter and an attack shuttle. Not sure what the forth ship will be but it will be awesome anyway.

I expect lots of dengaroo and triple jumps.

Palp aces will also be present but they won't fare well. Some kind of tie swarm or tie bombers build will be the most succesfull imperial list.

Wes/corran/Biggs will make the cut and it's tied with kanan/Biggs as top rebel lists. 5 a-wings with a bit of luck in pairings could also do well.

There will be tons of interesting and strong scum brew

My prediction is that somehow, some way Paul Heaver makes it into the final using a four ship, PS2 Rebel list and the whole world explodes.

Not only did it make it to the final for the forth time running, but he did it using Rebels, for the forth time running, a faction people have essentially written off.

It will have an X wing, a headhunter and an attack shuttle. Not sure what the forth ship will be but it will be awesome anyway.

God I hope not, hearing him win is liking hearing the Yankees won, they have won enough already.

Inline with my prediction as well. Defenders, Palp and aces, Jumpmasters everywhere.

A few Ghost-Dash builds sprinkled in for decoration.

My prediction is I will not be flying any of those nor will I make the cut. :D

You'd better not place! We've gotta Duke it out in the Epic Tournament Saturday. ^_^

Me? I'll probably bring something swarmy with new red bases. And I predict I won't make the cut either.

God I hope not, hearing him win is liking hearing the Yankees won, they have won enough already.

Paul Heaver hasn't won Gencon. Last year he went like 1-2 and dropped. You are thinking of Worlds.

0-3, actually!  The lesson was not to run a squad you've never played before in a big event!

I expect we'll see the tops of the three pillars of X-Wing: Dengaroo (Turret), Palp Aces (Arc Dodger), and Crack Swarm (Jouster).  Triple Scouts (straddling the Turret and Jouster line) are also going to be there.