Sign in to follow this  
Corronjedi

Fleet contest

They didn't but I suspect it'll be sooner than later. Remember in the article about the contest they mention they were going to have an "internal" tournament using the fleets. To me this suggests they'll probably be taking pictures and posting AARs as those games happen. It could be several stories to build some excitement over the new wave or maybe just a one time article.

We probably don't need another "when will wave X drop" thread but hey, it's nice to see both the contest and how they are going to use it to build up excitement while we wait for Container McContainerShipFace make it's way across the ocean without engine techs.

Now I am REALLY nervous . . . they are all great players I have no doubt but how would each react to the list. . . so nervous now. . .

Its just a bit of fun, nothing more. Winning is basically random.

That's how I looked at it. I didn't spend too much time testing or agonizing over the choices. Just tossed some cool new stuff into a list and called it a day. Interested to see how it plays out though. That 400 point limit feels a LOT more limiting with waves 3 and 4 included...

Now I am REALLY nervous . . . they are all great players I have no doubt but how would each react to the list. . . so nervous now. . . 

I can see them going through and commenting on some of the interesting lists that didn't make the cut.

I can see them going through and commenting on some of the interesting lists that didn't make the cut.

>.> I want my list to do good now! hmmmmmm

For some reason... I hope it's your lost against mine.... mwuhahahaha

My list is good but I did not build it to be played by someone other than me. I had missed the fact that there would be a tournament with these lists so we shall see. It will all depend on who they give it to or who is enticed to pick it up. That is a LOT of lists to go through so maybe some lists wont get picked. . . 

My list is good but I did not build it to be played by someone other than me. I had missed the fact that there would be a tournament with these lists so we shall see. It will all depend on who they give it to or who is enticed to pick it up. That is a LOT of lists to go through so maybe some lists wont get picked. . . 

I have a feeling that the judges won't go for simply tournament style lists that focus on min/maxing certain cards and ships.

I have a feeling that the judges won't go for simply tournament style lists that focus on min/maxing certain cards and ships.

that's why I put in 3 interdictors+ a suppressor gozanti!

I figure it looks fun and unique to play haha

Thankfully I did not do that ^_^ go look at my Red Dice Hell list that I put up ^_^

It was not min/maxed, it is just a crazy idea that I felt would work and has a bit of spark. 

I would LOVE to see them play on a live stream. Do it!! :D

I am sure they would have announced that if it was going to happen.  Dont hold your breath.

If we are patient, we could watch Biggs watch the recordings a LIVE stream together!

I would watch the heck out of that. I hope they give some honourable mentions to lists that didn't make it, that could be fun. I'm kicking myself for not naming my fleet.

I would watch the heck out of that. I hope they give some honourable mentions to lists that didn't make it, that could be fun. I'm kicking myself for not naming my fleet.

Yeah, me too. I mean I named it, but they didn't have a spot for a name so I forgot to include it. Juliet may ask "what's in a name," but I respond with "all my hopes, dreams, and aspirations."