Sign in to follow this  
ZeusFire81

Stats for a PC Shi'ido?

In a campaign I'm currently playing, my group and I came across a Shi'ido scientist named Mammon Hoole, and I thought that the species was really cool (if a bit overpowered). I was wondering how you guys would stat a Shi'ido for a starting PC.

I think you’d have to treat them a lot like the Hutts, because adult Shi’ido are extremely capable and powerful, and can live many hundreds if not thousands of years.

And their shape-shifting ability is quite extreme. Just look at their “Biology and Appearance” section on Wookieepedia:

Biology and Appearance

Little was actually known of the biology of the mysterious Shi'ido. In their natural forms, they were humanoids with pale skin, wide mouths, and deep set eyes. Their entire physiology was extremely pliable, and their skeletons were made of very thin, yet dense, bone. Their tendons were detachable, and could be moved about their body at will.

Due to their pliable structure, Shi'ido were able to mimic nearly any object or being, such as Humans or Rodians. They were also able to drastically increase their mass, and were known to have hidden flesh within their bodies that assisted in such transformations. In addition to this, Shi'ido were also able to change the texture of their skin to mimic rocks, trees, scales or fur. Senior Anthropologist Mammon Hoole, a member of the species, claimed to have taken the shape of a Hutt and a Whaladon at different times. It was known, however, that if a Shi'ido attempted to increase their size in such a manner, they could end up stuck in that form for several weeks to a few months. Unlike Clawdites, Shi'ido were not limited to taking the form of only humanoid species and did not feel pain or discomfort when they changed shape. Also, Shi'ido did not immediately revert back to their true form when they were fatigued or incapacitated as Clawdites did.

Shi'ido had very long life spans and could live to be 500 years old, and were considered adults at 61 years of age. Their ability to change shape improved with age, as well as the ease in which they changed forms. Young Shi'ido could only change the color of their skin and imitate similarly-shaped species, while individuals past the age of 150 could change into any small to large alien species or creature.

In order to complete the image that they sought, Shi'ido also possessed a form of telepathy. They used this ability to project false impressions upon those of other species, allowing them to cover up any inconsistencies with their transformations. This was extremely useful when studying species that identified each other through smell as well as sight, as a Shi'ido could project the feeling that they had the same exact scent as that particular species. Their telepathy required great concentration, and they would lose control of it if they were distracted. As with their shapeshifting abilities, this telepathy also grew more powerful with age.

Edited by bradknowles

Uncle Mammon is the best uncle ever!!  Honestly, I like Uncle Mammon as a character but his species may defy classification into the game except as a Nemesis NPC.

I would probably say 2's across the board except for 1 in Presence.  No 3's
Base of 10 for Wound and Strain

Free Rank in Deception but cannot exceed 2 during creation

Change Form similar to Clawdites in the homebrewed Additional Species

• Costs 3 Strain to change form into a similar sized being or object.
  • Still Upgrades Deception checks
  • Lasts until PC wills change to end but does not end immediately when PC goes unconscious.  Maybe after a significant amount of time passes?
  • Can recover Strain while changed but limited to 1 per round, maybe encounter?

Starting XP: 80? 75?  I'm not entirely clear on how to gauge starting XP.  75 seems appropriate to me, maybe lower..

Food for thought:  I would almost consider an auto Setback die to social encounters, definitely a Setback if an NPC recognizes the species.  Shapeshifters are not to be trusted after all.

This is one race I just don't think is suitable for PC's but if you had to represent it in the eote system I would suggest

brawn 2 agi 2 int 2 cun 3 will 2 pre 1

wound threshold 12

stun threshold 8

1 skill rank in deception

1 rank in indistinguishable

always counts as having a toolkit for disguises and gains + upgrades all checks to disguise itself (can do this in a minute instead of normal time to apply a disguise)

Xp 80