Sign in to follow this  
Cynthorus

Stronger Inquisitors or more Inquisitors

So my F&D group is just entering the 4th and final phase of my overall plot arc, my 5 PCs have developed well when it comes to combat most of them having 4/5 ranks in lightsabre or in the case of one of them with Range Heavy.

However this skill in combat has caused me a complication, my players finally got a chance to face the Inquisitor that had been hounding them since the beginning of phase 2 and well they wiped the floor with her.

Now I don't want them thinking that the inquisition aren't dangerous, I'm torn between sending in a bigger and tougher (and higher ranked) Inquisitor or sending in a pair of same level inquisitors.

Interested in your opinions both as GMs and players

I should add they have plenty going on outside of combat that challenges them and I've had a number of fights where they've been outnumbered and out matched from troops etc v tbits specifically the bigger show downs with the Inquisition

I would send a team. Clearly mopping the floor with the first one was a sign that one wasn't enough. If I were in your shoes I'd have the original (if they survived) show up with a back up Inquisitor and make the first a bit stronger than the last. But on top of that, to spice things up a bit I would also have them hire some bounty hunters, or maybe some 501 Stormtrooper rivals, that help to mix the combat up a bit. So that they can be kept on their toes and have to deal with Force and non Force attacks at once.