Sign in to follow this  
any2cards

Good Friends - An Invaluable Commodity

Yesterday, I had planned for a quiet 4th of July.

Quite frankly, most of my days are quiet these days.

My friends were not about to let that happen.  G-d bless them.

They showed up at my house most unexpectedly at 10 am.  I wasn't even dressed.  They brought food, drink, and were prepared for a day of fun, whether I was ready for it or not.  :P

For the first time in more than two years, I got to play D2e.  For more than 12 hours we played with the app and battled the demons of Terrinoth.

Tomorrow, I turn 75.  This morning, I am thoroughly exhausted, mentally drained, and feeling ill.

It was the best **** birthday gift I have ever received in my life.  I love my friends.

Edited by any2cards

Playing Descent in dressing gown has always been my dream!

Very nice of your friends, sounds like it was a ton of fun judging by your physical/mental state afterwards.

Be happy they didn't bring Twilight Imperium 3... ;)

Happy birthday to you, may the attack dice give you great range and damage for the year to come!

Very nice! I hope to keep playing these types of games for many years to come! I am 41 now and have 3 boys ages 3,3 and 5 so they aren't quite ready for descent yet but soon!

Thank you to all for the birthday wishes.

I was brought up playing games ... all kinds.  Board games, card games, etc.  I did the same with my children.  I think it provides incredible opportunities for teaching moments, improved critical thinking, and social interaction.

Quite frankly, I believe this is sorely missing in today's young people.  They consider social interaction texting back and forth, even when standing/sitting right next to the person with whom they are communicating.  And don't even get me started with the lack of critical thinking, performing math skills in their heads, etc.

I know, I am sounding old ... "oh, the good 'ole days ..."  :P  :D  :lol:

Still, I think it has some merit.

Edited by any2cards