Sign in to follow this  
LegionThree

Worlds Registration issue

Let's hope they solve the issues they had until tomorrow.

On the other hand, they clearly don't have enough space to handle all registrations, there is huge pressure at least on X-Wing and clearly they will not satisfy everyone regardless of the technical issues are solved.

Archie

That is supremely frustrating if X-wing tickets are sold out. I was on the payment page at 8 am Central and they wouldn't let me get them.

Probably true of hundreds of people.

Pro-tip: If you're going to register online for an event that is going to get crushed, make sure to have autofill options on for your browser which includes your credit card payment info.

What a friggin joke.

They got slammed with registrations and most people got the message that the app was being throttled. This is because WePay begins throttling at 30 calls in 10 seconds. Either FFG woefully underestimated demand, or did not inform WePay of the expected demand.

In response to the problem, they shut down new registrations while they tried to get WePay to up their call limit. (the "pause")

When the "pause" began, people who were already on the payment screen, getting the throttling message, got various results.

- some have reported being sent back to the personal information page to re-enter personal info (even though those fields were already filled).

- some have reported that they were finally able to get their credit cards processed.

the second group managed to sell out the "Wave 1" allotment for X-Wing tickets before the "pause" was over.

I have no clue how this is an acceptable way to qualify for a World Championship.

X-Wing has become the victim of its own success. Demand greatly exceeds volume (you're looking at probably 10,000+ trying to get 250 seats).

FFG should look at making all post-Regional kits the same (maybe even bring the Alt-Art card down to Regionals level). This would reduce the number of people "card collecting" at the top events.

Alternately, at least for the US where you have large population centers separated by significant geography, create multiple National Level events (kitted to the same level as Worlds) with attendance limited to one such event (prevents players trying to snipe multiple events) centered on the East Coast, West Coast, and Mid-West. Winners of these events getting a automatic entry into Worlds. Look at it this way...Europe is smaller than the US as a whole, yet every country can have its own Nationals Event. Based on that model you could set up every State in the US with its own Nationals-Type event.

As for the problems with ticket sales...their are several companies that do this for a living (Ticket Master, etc). Sure, they have a service fee...but with Demand at the level it is people will pay the fee to avoid the hassles that are getting worse every year.

What a friggin joke.

They got slammed with registrations and most people got the message that the app was being throttled. This is because WePay begins throttling at 30 calls in 10 seconds. Either FFG woefully underestimated demand, or did not inform WePay of the expected demand.

In response to the problem, they shut down new registrations while they tried to get WePay to up their call limit. (the "pause")

When the "pause" began, people who were already on the payment screen, getting the throttling message, got various results.

- some have reported being sent back to the personal information page to re-enter personal info (even though those fields were already filled).

- some have reported that they were finally able to get their credit cards processed.

the second group managed to sell out the "Wave 1" allotment for X-Wing tickets before the "pause" was over.

I have no clue how this is an acceptable way to qualify for a World Championship.

I got tossed out to the data entry and was told I had incorrect info, and it wouldn't let me fix it. When I refreshed, it was closed :/

What a friggin joke.

I got tossed out to the data entry and was told I had incorrect info, and it wouldn't let me fix it. When I refreshed, it was closed :/

Same here. At 8am I was on/at the payment screen for over half an hour. Then lobbed out, then it said it was closed.

I think the site they are using is having issues handling the volume of people. I'm also getting the declined card message when it goes past this initial issue.

Yeah, I'm sure 10K visitors is a problem, for a company like Constant Contact that is in business to spam customers...

A lottery wouldn't be a bad idea.  Have everyone sign up, then they run the lottery to tell you if you got in.

Well, IA closed on me, but I did get an X-wing registration which was most important. So there's the Hanger Bay on Saturday assuming I don't try back for IA on another day.

If they're gonna cap the registration so much lower than the community demands, this may have to be the way of the future.

A lottery wouldn't be a bad idea.  Have everyone sign up, then they run the lottery to tell you if you got in.

Well, IA closed on me, but I did get an X-wing registration which was most important. So there's the Hanger Bay on Saturday assuming I don't try back for IA on another day.

If they're gonna cap the registration so much lower than the community demands, this may have to be the way of the future.

It shouldn't be as much of an issue once Star Wars splits off from worlds. 

Let's be honest, the only other game that comes close to as popular as X-Wing is Netrunner. The rest of them aspire to the popularity of the events that X-Wing was at when the game was brand new even. I hold a good deal of reservation that this will be resolved by just splitting them out (they'll continue making these mistakes and the game will continue to grow).

Let's be honest, the only other game that comes close to as popular as X-Wing is Netrunner. The rest of them aspire to the popularity of the events that X-Wing was at when the game was brand new even. I hold a good deal of reservation that this will be resolved by just splitting them out (they'll continue making these mistakes and the game will continue to grow).

Splitting them out will at least give them more spots hopefully.

I'm sure this is why they are splitting out star wars games and all their other games for worlds competition.  They saw this starting last year and implemented a change starting next year, so I suspect it will be much better and more people can be involved in Spring 2017!

I also suspect that everyone that had the first page form filled out was able to continue on.  I tried filling out the form again on another computer and it was "closed" around :15 after start time, even though my credit card eventually went through on the first one.  My credit card finally went through at :30 after start.

So my advice would be this:  Be online tomorrow 10 minutes before start time, get ready to fill out the main form, hit F5 (refresh your browser) about every 30 seconds until it starts, and once you're in fill it out the first page as fast as you can.  Once you get to that 2nd page with credit card information, try processing it as often as you can.  I had to for about 30 minutes straight before it finally went through.  I would click "submit" between 10 and 50 times, and until it finally went I would get "Credit card not accepted".

I'll bet that registration closed as soon as there were enough people that filled out that form, and they allowed those to keep submitting the credit card information until it finally went.  A friend of mine was on the phone with me through the whole experience and his credit card went through about 3 minutes before mine was accepted.

I have very high hopes for 2017 and star wars only worlds event solving most if not all of these problems! 

I'm not sure how much splitting Star Wars off will help if they're going to continue to use the FFG center.  This Worlds is already using the Radisson for several of its events to increase space.  They might be able to add flights on the days freed up, but I suspect they're close to capacity as is -- and the crad games don't take up as much space as the minis games do.

Now, if they take the Star Wars Worlds to a larger venue ...

I was unable to secure my ticket today. I realize many people were trying to get their tickets today but it was quite frustrating. Last year, I missed the original ticket registration, but had zero issues when they released additional tickets in August. I was able to snag my x-wing ticket on the first try, maybe it was because the additional tickets went on sale at midnight, not. 8 am. I guess I will try again tomorrow.

I'll bet that registration closed as soon as there were enough people that filled out that form, and they allowed those to keep submitting the credit card information until it finally went.  A friend of mine was on the phone with me through the whole experience and his credit card went through about 3 minutes before mine was accepted.

They actively closed registration and aren't saying whether the spots filled up.

I'm sure this is why they are splitting out star wars games and all their other games for worlds competition.  They saw this starting last year and implemented a change starting next year, so I suspect it will be much better and more people can be involved in Spring 2017!

I also suspect that everyone that had the first page form filled out was able to continue on.  I tried filling out the form again on another computer and it was "closed" around :15 after start time, even though my credit card eventually went through on the first one.  My credit card finally went through at :30 after start.

So my advice would be this:  Be online tomorrow 10 minutes before start time, get ready to fill out the main form, hit F5 (refresh your browser) about every 30 seconds until it starts, and once you're in fill it out the first page as fast as you can.  Once you get to that 2nd page with credit card information, try processing it as often as you can.  I had to for about 30 minutes straight before it finally went through.  I would click "submit" between 10 and 50 times, and until it finally went I would get "Credit card not accepted".

That's exactly what i did today. My credit card was not accepted about 5 times, then my personal data was not accepted, then registration was closed. While registration was closed to me, your credit card was accepted. Great advice.