Sign in to follow this  
MandalorianMoose

What Liberty loadout are you most excited to try?

I'm VERY excited to try the Liberty, 'tis a beast of a ship and should be a lot of fun! What are you guys most looking forward to running? This is what I'm currently most jazzed about.

Flagship: (140 pts)
MC80 Star Cruiser (96 pts)
Mon Karren (8 pts)
Ray Antilles (7 pts)
Veteran Gunners (5 pts)
Engine Techs (8 pts)
XI7 Turbolasers (6 pts)
XX-9 Turbolasers (5 pts)
SW-7 Ion Batteries (5 pts)

The idea is that with SW-7, I'll have 5 guaranteed damage (with a CF), and can use the Veteran Gunners to try and fish for a crit to trigger XX-9's if I didn't get one in the first roll. This also allows me to take Advanced Gunnery as an objective as well. Debating if Engine Techs or Raymundo are necessary, but this is purely about excitement so why not go all out? Post what builds you guys are stoked to try out. 

Edited by MandalorianMoose

You might be good without BOTH Ray and ET.  ... as those require different commands basically.  Ray is still good though for CF every turn. 

Honestly, this is a lot of points sunk for firepower.  Not sure if its worth it.  

Ya in all honesty I will probably drop both of those upgrades, but Ray actually would help with both ET and Madine, as one command from him would grant a token I could use the next turn too while commanding CF

I'll probably be keeping mine pretty bare bones. There's obviously a lot of temptation to load them up with upgrades, but they're honestly pretty fragile and already good at what they do. The upgrades I think I'm most likely to bring are Gunnery Team and Nav Team, especially with Madine. Maybe Endeavor and XI7s or H9s if I've got some extra points to use.

I'm VERY excited to try the Liberty, 'tis a beast of a ship and should be a lot of fun! What are you guys most looking forward to running? This is what I'm currently most jazzed about.

Mon Karren (8 pts)

Ray Antilles (7 pts)

Veteran Gunners (5 pts)

Engine Techs (8 pts)

XI7 Turbolasers (6 pts)

XX-9 Turbolasers (5 pts)

The idea is that with SW-7, I'll have 5 guaranteed damage (with a CF), and can use the Veteran Gunners to try and fish for a crit to trigger XX-9's if I didn't get one in the first roll. This also allows me to take Advanced Gunnery as an objective as well. Debating if Engine Techs or Raymundo are necessary, but this is purely about excitement so why not go all out? Post what builds you guys are stoked to try out.

This is really close to the same build I submitted in my contest, with the exact same weapon loadout. But I had a Nav officer instead of Ray and a Nav Team instead of ET (because I had Garm instead of Madine). But with Madine I'd take either ETs or a medical team. Really efficient

Mon Karren (8 pts)

Ray Antilles (7 pts)

Veteran Gunners (5 pts)

Engine Techs (8 pts)

XI7 Turbolasers (6 pts)

XX-9 Turbolasers (5 pts)

This is really close to the same build I submitted in my contest, with the exact same weapon loadout. But I had a Nav officer instead of Ray and a Nav Team instead of ET (because I had Garm instead of Madine). But with Madine I'd take either ETs or a medical team. Really efficient

Ya the combo of XI-7, XX-9, and SW-7 should be devastating with that front arc. Sprinkle in Mon Karren and an officer of your choice and this thing hits like a TRUCK

Edited by MandalorianMoose

Control the enemies defense token:

MC80 Battle Cruiser (103 points)
-  Mon Karren  ( 8  points) 
-  Intel Officer  ( 7  points) 
-  Gunnery Team  ( 7  points) 
-  Quad Turbolaser Cannons  ( 10  points) 
-  H9 Turbolasers  ( 8  points) 
-  Leading Shots  ( 4  points) 

= 147 points

You can easily generate enough accuracy to block him from using any defense token and if he can use one, make sure he lose it. Lots of points, but worth the try.

Edited by Tiberium

I do feel like the accuracies and Mon Karren are redundant. Having the 2 accuracies do almost the same job as Mon Karen, limiting your opponent to a single token (barring Contain). The difference is that Mon Karen doesn't rely on the die roll, and it can't be ECMed. Granted, they can still do different jobs and work together, but I think those points might be better spent elsewhere, for efficiencies sake

I do feel like the accuracies and Mon Karren are redundant. Having the 2 accuracies do almost the same job as Mon Karen, limiting your opponent to a single token (barring Contain). The difference is that Mon Karen doesn't rely on the die roll, and it can't be ECMed. Granted, they can still do different jobs and work together, but I think those points might be better spent elsewhere, for efficiencies sake

This is why I went with SW-7's. All blue dice now guarantee damage, while they can still only use one token! Paired with the ability to add TWO turbolasers, that Liberty will be buttery

Another one I was thinking of was (with Toryn Farr supporting)

Battle Cruiser

-Endeavor

-IO

-Medical Team

-Fire Control Teams

-Ion Cannon Batteries

-Xi7

=(127 points)

Toryn Farr increases chance of a blue crit, which can drop an extra shield (meaning that redirects are cancelled out with Xi7s in there). That extra shield can catch your opponent off guard in conjunction with FCTs to also deal a face up damage. Take AG to drop those shields with the first shot (since ICB doesn't exhaust) and then to use the FCTs. It seems like a waste of talent at first, but it's very cheap for a large base

Another upgrade can be taken, like XX9 or spinals, but is not necessary. Still very cheap.

I think the trick to getting your opponent to play into your hand (such as choosing advanced gunnery with the Liberty class) is to build the rest of your list so that other options are unacceptable. For example, take a huge bomber wing with superior positions and Contested Outpost. Neither of those options gives your opponent any sort of advantage with a build like that, whereas advanced gunnery presents them with a chance. But perhaps AG wouldn't be best to take with the Liberty class. I think different builds would also play into different objectives. Like taking Madine with Superior Positions and something to guarantee damage against the rear of an enemy ship would be an example.

I'm interested to also see any thought processes on building the MC80 with objectives in mind. I'm always excited to see something with Opening Salvo. The prospect one one-shotting a ship just appeals to me. Anyone have a build with that in mind?

Carrier and Crits

Liberty (3 pts)

Ion cannon batteries (5 pts)

Fire-control team (2 pts)

XI7 turbolasers (6 pts)

XX-9 turbolasers (5 pts)

Fighter Coordination team (3 pts)

= 120 pts

I may drop FCT if I find my squadrons do not gain much from the extra movement. 2 x-wings, 2 yt-2400, and Jan tend to be the backbone of my squads. FCT though is giving me confidence to run b-wings.

Cheap & Cheerful for 121 points.

MC80 Star Cruiser 96
Mon Karren 8

Gunnery Teams 7

Spinal Armament 9

Skilled First Officer 1

I don't see much point adding accuracy generating (H9/QTCs) or defence token reducing (XI7/Intel officer) upgrades when you have the Mon Karren upgrade. Well I can see the point to them but I think there is a little duplication or at least getting diminishing returns and would rather add those upgrades to other ships in the fleet who will get more benefit.

Skilled 1st officer allows me to plot alternate Nav and Concentrate fire commands early on and Nav & Repair commands later on. Don't forget to plot a command at the end of turn 4 to take effect on turn 7 even though there isn't one. An option via the 1st officer of a final repair or Nav command could save a wounded ship or stop you running off map.

BTW: I didn't know That Admiral Ackbar's wife was called Karren...... or that she was French.

You might be good without BOTH Ray and ET.  ... as those require different commands basically.  Ray is still good though for CF every turn. 

Honestly, this is a lot of points sunk for firepower.  Not sure if its worth it.  

Mind that the maneouvering chart of the Liberty is pretty weird. Going speed 2 means 1/- yaw, thats.. stiff. I also assume to see a lot of movement impairing/tinkering stuff in the typical imperial fleet for a while, which makes regular nav commands even more necessary to keep that front arc pointing at something meaningful. So I would not lightly discount ETs on this thing. 

Mad Cats version, but i would rather have the battle cruiser than spinal armanents.

Hmmm... 2 points cheaper but you loose a blue dice from the front and rear. No wait the MC80B does get double the flak dice so it's a difficult one.

Arrgh its almost as if FFG have planned and play-tested the point values for their ships & upgrades. This wouldn't happen if Games Workshop were in charge.

:rolleyes:

I suppose it comes down to the size of the fighter screen in the rest of your fleet or if you have a preferable use for the Modification slot.

Me?  I want to use the one that kills the Demolisher in a single hit.

Your wish is granted.

Battle Cruiser. Raymus Antilles, Veteran Gunners, SW7, QTC, H9.

With CF dial it'll roll 8 dices with Veteran Gunners reroll and CF token reroll.

One red hit can be set to accuracy with H9 (which will lock brace and redirect). now you need to get 7 hits on seven remaining dices (i.e. 3 hits on 3 red dices cause SW7) to kill it with the ram. With this amount of rerolling it should be very likely.

the Nonexistantmobile?

Hey, assuming you are targeting the side arc and have XI7s, you just need 8 damage (or some lucky crits) with 2 accuracies. So a Star Cruiser with SA+XI7+SW7+CF would just need at least 1 double hit, no misses, and no more than 2 red accuracies.

Your wish is granted.

With CF dial it'll roll 8 dices with Veteran Gunners reroll and CF token reroll.

One red hit can be set to accuracy with H9 (which will lock brace and redirect). now you need to get 7 hits on seven remaining dices (i.e. 3 hits on 3 red dices cause SW7) to kill it with the ram. With this amount of rerolling it should be very likely.

Don't forget you get to add a red dice set to an accuracy from QTC, rerollable with VG, so you can actually be throwing 9 dice out of the front

Your wish is granted.

Don't forget you get to add a red dice set to an accuracy from QTC, rerollable with VG, so you can actually be throwing 9 dice out of the front

I didn't. I assume that both accuracies (native or H9-added one and QTC extra die) are necessary to block brace AND redirect. This leaves 3 red and 4 blue dices to work with/reroll.

Isn't it easier to intend to roll 8 damage flat, block the brace with a single acc, and run the title?

::shrug::

I mean, I'll admit.  Right now, I'm a prodominantly Rebel Player.  I've been rolling AFMK-IIs at Speed 3 for quite some time....

..  and the Liberty, for some reason, hasn't excited me.