Sign in to follow this  
Vegabond2

Battle Pack's inserts

Let me preface this post with; I've bought every Asylum pack since Cthulhu went to the LCG format and I enjoyed reading the story inserts almost as much as sifting through the new cards.

So you can see my disappointmet upon opening my Skavenblight pack and unfolding an advertisement. I was so excited to read a short intro to a story or even the first chapter in the Warpstone Chronicles. All well I thought, maybe the back will have some blown up box art. *flip insert* Nope not even that, another advertisement. What a waste of printed paper I thought. Then threw all the inserts into the recycling bin.

Was anyone else as sorely disappointed as I was? Come on FFG, give us a short story to kick start our leagues and give this block more than just a name. "Warpstone Chronicles" has such promise.

I was hoping for a short-story too, as I'm not a WHF player / fan other than for the game.  The stuff in the Asylum packs is cool, so it's a shame that they're not doing the same for Invasion.

vermillian said:

Consider that they may not be allowed to generate / reproduce new fiction, due to other fiction based on warhammer... could be some GW intellectual property issue...

i agree with u on that... FFG might have taken the "we wont even think of rocking the boat" road
concidering GW has been on the IP warpath recently it was probably a smart move....